• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Mat-shit-a issue...

bdeprez

Hi all,

I have a BENQ Joybook S72 laptop with a Matshita UJ-840S drive, running firmware 1.5.
My OS is WINXP SP2.

Now I can't read discs other than region 2 (the region set by my DVD)... Tried different discs but I always get that long AnyDVD message clearling stating MATSHITA and the problems I might run into...

An example:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.7.4)
MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-840S 1.50 503110KME1930002772
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2078576 sectors (4059 MBytes)
Total size: 4143012 sectors (8091 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: MY_NAME_IS_EARL_S1_D2
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

It's an NTSC Region 1 dvd...

Could it be that I just have no luck with this drive and I should get a different one installed or is there any workaround available for this?

Thanks in advance,
Bernard.

Hi all,

I have a BENQ Joybook S72 laptop with a Matshita UJ-840S drive, running firmware 1.5.
My OS is WINXP SP2.

Now I can't read discs other than region 2 (the region set by my DVD)..

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

16. Help! I'm having problems playing discs from other regions with my Matshita drive! Why?

Matshita (Panasonic oem) burners should really be avoided. They are cheap junk (which is probably why some laptop companies love these drives), die easily, and also suffer from region coding issues. Click this

Thanks!

Hi all,

thank you very much for your responses!

I'll probably look into replacing my dvd-drive with a new one... Any tips on what make I should buy? Or does anything else than Matshita go?

Cheers,
Bernard.

Well I recommend, personally, going with one that you can make RPC-1 (like liteon is always easy), you can find more information here: http://rpc1.org/. But then as you're an AnyDVD customer, you may not even care about this as AnyDVD can remove the region for you (as long as you don't use Matsushita drives that is).

The reason for this is you'll perminantly have "unlimited" region changes (because all you'll ever have to do is delete the software region and it'll start all over again). Imgburn can remove the region coding from liteon drives, and maybe some others too (I'm not sure?) it really is a wonderful free burning tool.

Back