• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Master and Commander issues

Okay.

Logs2.jpg

LOL that was good

I got 8 ultra, my wife's going to be mad :D So now I have both options

8 may be playing the ISOs smooth but it still sputters when I skip on some chapters.( on master & commander) This is strange it seems to sputter mainly on odd numbered chapters when skipping:confused:

Then it's not an AnyDVD issue. It's an issue with PowerDVD. When you have a problem, the very first thing you should do is try to narrow it down. In this case by disabling AnyDVD you've determined that AnyDVD isn't the root of the problem. You've got some other weirdness going on. I wonder if your system is impacted by the hardware acceleration bug in later versions of PowerDVD...M&C is likely to be an AVC disc. Can you try another AVC title with a later version of PowerDVD and see if the skipping problem occurs as well?

Then it's not an AnyDVD issue. It's an issue with PowerDVD. When you have a problem, the very first thing you should do is try to narrow it down. In this case by disabling AnyDVD you've determined that AnyDVD isn't the root of the problem. You've got some other weirdness going on. I wonder if your system is impacted by the hardware acceleration bug in later versions of PowerDVD...M&C is likely to be an AVC disc. Can you try another AVC title with a later version of PowerDVD and see if the skipping problem occurs as well?

not to be misunderstood for the most part the playback is ok. The problems I spoke of are the first few seconds after skipping chapters.You can see defects in the playback that look better on 3319a, on master and commander at the very beginning a night sceen of the water from above. 3319a the water is smoother with 8 the ISO is a little jerky. It seems like when there is a lot of full sceen motion like waves in the water it can't keep up. I think it's only on BD+ or live films.

I actually never thought it was an anydvd problem. This just the very best place to find a solution to these problems. A big part of the credit goes to you SamuriHL :bowdown:

Check the cpu utilization for both 3319a and 8 during those scenes. I'm betting you're getting a spike. That's why I was questioning if HA is maybe not working correctly on the later versions of PowerDVD.

Check the cpu utilization for both 3319a and 8 during those scenes. I'm betting you're getting a spike. That's why I was questioning if HA is maybe not working correctly on the later versions of PowerDVD.

yep you are right both are in the upper 90s as far as 100% in those sceens. I have an AMD 5000+ so I'm well above the min. In time I can upgrade for now I may try overclocking. I have good cooling.

I looked into the bios and I don't see how to overclock so the average movie is between 50 and 60% so I should be ok

That's too high. It means hardware acceleration is not working as I predicted. You should look into fixing that. The CPU should not be dealing with it, your video card should.

I have an ati 2600 xp. In CCC the gpu rarely goes over 20% and is always in the low 40s. It's a HIS card and they ate the absolute worst. I have posted questions over at AVS forum and never got much input. I don't know where to begin. Thanks I'll start looking into it.

Last edited:
Are you running xp or vista? xp seems more problematic on these issues from what I've read. However, I'm sure someone over there should be able to help you sort this out. I thought I read where you have to replace a file and then it should work, but, I'm not sure.

Well that shouldn't be having problems then. Fascinating. But it does seem as though the cpu utilization you're getting is WAY too high. I don't have experience with ati cards at the moment. I've stuck with nVidia and have had nothing but great success with them. You'll have to find an ATI guru that can help you fix this issue. That does suck.

there is a registry change. Someone wrote a program that will make all the changes. Perfect people like me. I never could get it to install. Windows would not let me, need permission never could figure out how to do it.

the ati registry treak 0.13 program says I need to "check that UAC is disabled or set to prompt for approval" I have no idea what the UAC is:confused:

In the pdvd control panel under information it say the Video accelerator: DirectX VA (not in use) any ideas how to turn it on:confused:

the ati registry treak 0.13 program says I need to "check that UAC is disabled or set to prompt for approval" I have no idea what the UAC is:confused:
User Account Control - designed to stop users from "breaking" stuff. If you have Administrator privileges, you can go to Control Panel / Users and change your user account to turn off UAC - then it won't ask for approval. Google UAC User Account Control Vista.

That is indeed the issue. Pretty much exactly what I thought. UAC is a piece of junk and should be disabled. There's a multitude of ways of nuking that crap. TweakUAC is my favorite. Search for it.

That is indeed the issue. Pretty much exactly what I thought. UAC is a piece of junk and should be disabled. There's a multitude of ways of nuking that crap. TweakUAC is my favorite. Search for it.

you did it again:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: Tweakuac let me use that registry tweak and now the same film the cpu is 20-40% and it plays smooth

Last edited:
Back