• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Master and Commander issues

I installed 4102 and it still will not play off the disc. PDVD loads it then has a black screen and zero on the clock:(

Awesome! Glad I could help. :bowdown: :D

Um, hey, Adbear, you using 3319a for playback from hdd? (That would surprise me if it works as BD Live and all that jazz, but, anyway) Could be a bad disc maybe? I'm at a loss here.

Yep I'm still using 3319a for most of mine, and it works with this film on my C2D 2.16 laptop. (I've yet to have one that doesn't play back in 3319a as a folder. Even 1.1 seems to play fine as long as I don't try to use the extra feature)

Looks like a false call on my part, :eek: anydvd hd is working :bowdown: but pdvd has some issues with the high dts-hd bitrate. Plays ok off the disk but makes pdvd barf if played from ripped hdd. WTF?? Even tsmuxer barfs on remix. Had to use eac3to to extract and clean audio to 1536 and plays perfect now. Weird. :doh:

Freaky. I don't have this disc yet and probably won't any time soon as I just bought 3 new movies this week. If it plays in 3319a then it should definitely be playing in other versions. Very strange. As for the high bitrate dts-hd ma track, shouldn't 4102 deal with that now? I thought that was something they added.

I am using 3319a since it plays the m2ts file in from the folders and it works well from the disc. I usually rip to my media server and to get rid of the crap and I prefer the m2ts format for storage - I will probably get a popcorn hour or istar mini later for playback, that is why I am avoiding isos. Anyway, it seems that new fox releases have this issue. I just noticed that Diehard 2 also has this problem. Oh well, just another step! ;)

the remuxed ISO played smoother in 3319a. Now that I got past the resolution issue in 3319. I'm sticking with 4102 and ISOs. I think the picture is better:agree:I can watch this using 3319. Everything else seems to work.

I keeped 3319a but it will no longer play files. i can play ISO. I don't know what I did wrong , in setting up the 2 versions.

It looks like cast away has the same problem. I didn;t watch it all the way through but if I skip forward the play back sputters and takes several seconds to catch up. I know this didn't happen with 3319a.

I thought ISOs were the way to go on these few films it's not. I need to figure out how to get 3319a reinstalled to play folders. Then I will rerip these back into folders.

For the record, I've not had a single problem with ANY of the ISO's I've made. And I've done several BD+ Fox titles. I'm not sure what the issue is that you're getting, but, I seriously doubt it has anything to do with it being an ISO vs HDD playback. You can test that theory by getting 3319a working again and trying both a folder and the same movie as an ISO. If it plays from folder and not the ISO, then we'll want to look at some things on your machine because there should be no difference.

Do you have cast away? I know you said you don't have master and commander. All the other rips worked perfect.

I need to find the thread on setting up the the 2 versions or simply uninstall pdvd and install 3319a to see.

I don't. My latest titles are Narnia and next week I'll be getting both National Treasure movies. That was technically more than my budget allowed this month, but, I wanted some new movies. :)

Yea, there's no harm in uninstalling your current version and reinstalling 3319a to test it.

I don't. My latest titles are Narnia and next week I'll be getting both National Treasure movies. That was technically more than my budget allowed this month, but, I wanted some new movies. :)

Yea, there's no harm in uninstalling your current version and reinstalling 3319a to test it.

I hear ya there. The wife won't give me any more money for movies.:(

I reinstalled 3319a. All the remuxed rips played smooth. It looks like the BD+ disc have a problem on my system with 4102.

I'm having a hard time getting both 3319 and 4102 to work on the same system. I would think about getting 8 if I can keep 3319a also

anyone have the link to the setup for both versions?

Yea, PowerDVD 8, not PowerDVD 8 Ultra. There's no demo for that. No BD playback unless you have Ultra.

Logs...must.post.logs. :)

Okay.

Logs2.jpg

Hmmm, there appears to be a structural problem with your log there. Perhaps James and Peer can look into that one for you. :D

Back