• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Massive dropped frames playing 29.970 fps content

toxicfella

Hello,

I'm struggling for a while now with playing 29.970 fps content. I'm using MPC-HC 1.7.3 (with LAV filters integrated), madVR ("Switch to matching display mode" on) and ReClock. Other content, like 23,976, 24, 25 fps etc works fine. I got zero dropped frames, zero delayed frames, no glitches and the display changes to the right frequency. Also madVR tells me that i got 1 framedrop every 8 hrs or so.

The only thing i can't get right is when i play content at 29.970 fps i get a massive amount of dropped frames and delayed frames.

Does anyone know wich settings i should use for this type of content? Should I change the frequency of my tv to 30, 59, or 60Hz. Tried it already and it didn't help. Hope that someone can explain me, or help me with this.

thanks!
Greetings, tox

ps. i'm using Windows 8.1 (x64, 8GB memory, Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz) and have a ATI-HD6450 graphic card.

What kind of content is it (camcorder, TV series, TV talkshows), and what's the source?
Native 29,970 fps content (i.e. 30p) is rare I think, it's often either 60i or telecined 24p. Try unchecking "Pulldown detection" in the Radeon's Video configuration and see if it makes any difference.

Hi, thanks for the reply, will try it when i get back from work tonight.

The source is a blu-ray (Chemical Brothers - Don't Think - Live registration) which i backed up to a .mkv. MediaInfo shows me it is 1920x1080 @ 29,790 fps, while DVDFab tells me it is 1080i. And there is the problem I think.
I unchecked the interlaced setting within MadVR, and have not one frame drop since. I rarely play 1080i content, so I leave the settings unchecked. Again, i will try your solution, because i never had this problem with other 29,790 content.

thanks again!

Its a bluray mkv. I noticed that MediaInfo tells me that the resolution is 1920 x 1080 (it doesn't say PAL or NTSC), but when i convert the original bluray with DVDFab it says that it's 1080i NTSC... If I disable the interlace settings in madVR then my problem is solved... zero frame drops :)

Also strange: I can't uncheck "Pulldown detection""in the Catalyst Control Center to check your solution. It's there, checked but greyed-out...

Last edited:
Back