• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

mamalu5@comcast.net--Unhappy Answers to questions about my probs with AnyDVD

I haven't got Any DVD installed right now. I uninstalled when it didn't work. Now when I insert a dvd, my CloneDVD2 can't find the video_ts and audio_ts files. I'm hoping that they weren't cleaned off by the CCLeaner program.

I would recommend reinstalling Clonedvd. However, Clonedvd will not work without Anydvd to decyrpt commercial dvds.

Last edited:
I just installed AnyDVD and am including the ImgBurn thing now.
===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.3.2.0
===============================================

Upper Device Filter: redbook
Upper Class Filter: [None Found]
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter: PxHelp20
Lower Class Filter: ElbyDelay
Lower Class Filter: AnyDVD
Lower Device Filter: imapi

Filter Name: redbook
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
File Version: 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
File Description: Redbook Audio Filter Driver
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Product Version: 5.1.2600.2180
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Filter Name: PxHelp20
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys
File Version: 2.03.27a [2.3.27.0]
File Description: Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP
Product Name: PxHelp20
Product Version: [2.0.0.0]
Company Name: Sonic Solutions
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions

Filter Name: ElbyDelay
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\ElbyDelay.sys
File Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
File Description: Elby Delay Lower Filter Driver
Product Name: CDRTools
Product Version: 5, 1, 0, 1 [5.1.0.1]
Company Name: Elaborate Bytes AG
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2003 - 2006 Elaborate Bytes AG

Filter Name: AnyDVD
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
File Version: 6.1.6.5
File Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver
Product Name: AnyDVD
Product Version: 6.1.6.5
Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright 2002 - 2007 SlySoft, Inc.

Filter Name: imapi
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys
File Version: 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
File Description: IMAPI Kernel Driver
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Product Version: 5.1.2600.2180
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Looks like AnyDVD is there but it's still not working. I do have McAfee to accept Any DVD. Also, Clone DVD is working fine once I found the Video_ts files on my computer.

Looks like AnyDVD is there but it's still not working.

And you don't get any error message, right? Can you do a search on your hard drive for Anydvd.sys please. Is the file actually on your hard drive?

Also, Clone DVD is working fine once I found the Video_ts files on my computer.

Yeah, that's because you must have decrypted the files previously. You're going to have problems trying to use commercially released movies on dvds with Clonedvd, if Anydvd isn't running on your system.

I did a search for AnyDVD.sys on my hard drive and found it at C:\Windows\System32\Drivers.
I realize how important AnyDVD is in the recording process. It's why I want a solution so badly.

I did a search for AnyDVD.sys on my hard drive and found it at C:\Windows\System32\Drivers.
I realize how important AnyDVD is in the recording process. It's why I want a solution so badly.

1. Click Start-->Slysoft-->Anydvd-->Anydvd

What happens?

2. Hit Ctrl-Alt-Del. In windows task manager, under the processes tab and image name, do see "Anydvd.exe"?

Last edited:
Believe me. I've tried that several times. Nothing.
I ran CCleaner and did a scan of Issues. One result concerned AnyDVD so I’m sending to you in case it’s a help to you
Problem:Missing MUI Reference
Data:C:\Documents and Settings\My Name\Desk Top\Setup AnyDVD6265.exe
Registry Key:HKCU\Software\Microsoft\ Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUI Cache

I didn’t direct CCleaner to fix the problem because I don’t know if it would help.
You have any thoughts on this?
How do I get to the task manger.

Data:C:\Documents and Settings\My Name\Desk Top\Setup AnyDVD6265.exe

How did you even get that on your system? There is no Anydvd version 6.2.6.5.

Yes. Fix everything CCleaner says to fix. Then download Anydvd 6.1.6.5 and install it.

How do I get to the task manger.

Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Last edited:
No AnyDVD.exe on the task manager. The 6.1.6.5 must have been an error on my part. I did the scan then had to copy down the whole thing as I could not copy and paste. Sorry about that.
I have a feeling Windows is blocking an essential file for AnyDVD. SlySoft support sent me a file to get the filter information and put it in a note pad log. After extracting it, I couldn't open it. I got a message that Windows blocked it because it might be harmful to my computer. When I clicked on the icon, it did the same thing that AnyDVD does. It looked like it was going to open and then it went dead. I went to MS looking to unblock it and got all the reasons why MS does not allow unblocking. I will fix the problem on CClean.
By the way, the filter program was a different one than the one you sent to me.

Do you have a useless program on your system called Windows Defender? If so uninstall it.

It definitely said windows - not McAfee. I have Home version XP with sp2. I had opened the support email in Incredimail but when I had a hard time opening the filter file, I sent it to myself and opened it in OE and that's when the message came up about the blocking.
By the way, the downloading after fixing the problems was another bust.

I got a message that Windows blocked it because it might be harmful to my computer.

1)Save the file onto your computer.
2) Click Start-->My Computer-->navigate to the file that you
saved
3) Right-click the file that you saved, and then click "properties"
4)Click "Unblock" near the bottom of the dialog box.

If that doesn't work try emailing the file to yourself, and then save it to your desktop.

Microsoft Defender was previously known as Microsoft AntiSpyware (Giant Antispyware) too. Either way, these programs could be causing you hassles if you have them installed.

You don't have Windows firewall running, do you?

Last edited:
I went to properties on the filter check program and either I'm blind or there is no option to unblock on the properties menu. I even went to advanced but found no such option. And I was so hoping there was one.

I went to properties on the filter check program and either I'm blind or there is no option to unblock on the properties menu. I even went to advanced but found no such option. And I was so hoping there was one.

Try emailing the file to yourself and then running that file.

You must have some nasty security settings/program/something somewhere that's blocking everything.

I could not find an unblock option on the property menu of the filter check program.

I'm using McAfee's firewall.

I don't know what I was referring when I said I couldn't find it. I've written to you so many times, everything is blurring together.

Tried emailing program to myself but it wouldn't open.
I think you're right and I don't know how to get rid of it. I don't like the idea that Windows can arbitrarily block files. McAfee always asks me when something new comes it way. I can allow it once, never or always. I've had the program so long that it must be a new security update on MS.

Try this:

1. Click Start, click Run, type Firewall.cpl, and then click OK.
2. On the General tab, click Off (not recommended), and then click OK.

Also check to see if you have Microsoft AntiSpyware (Giant Antispyware) on your system.

Last edited:
Back