• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

MakeMKV version, LibreDrive and AnyDVD UHD

Lonald

Yesterday I was trying to back up a UHD disc and received an error message indicating that the failure I was seeing was due to a LibreDrive error in accessing the disc (when I ran the Scanner program).

Interestingly, when I ran MakeMKV, the disc was accessible.

There was a new version available and so I then updated the latest beta (1.17.5) and put in the current registration code.

Out of curiosity, I tried CloneBD and the disc is now available.

Is the fix to keep your MakeMKV registration up to date, or was the version update the fix? Or both?

Thanks!

A suggestion on the error message, for those of us who would not think of these things first, like MakeMKV registration and version. I first thought of hardware problems and drive BIOS problems.

So, having the error message provide a suggestion for checking version and registration of the MakeMKV would provide better guidance. I spent a good amount of time looking at re-flashing the drives.

Of course, answers are always in the last place you look...:sneaky:

Version check is enough, registration not required (some have bought a license for it and do not need to enter a new key every X weeks and those would wonder why they should check registration when they have a bought license).

Version check is enough, registration not required (some have bought a license for it and do not need to enter a new key every X weeks and those would wonder why they should check registration when they have a bought license).
Same here. I have bought 4 MakeMKV licenses for my PC/laptops over the years, and they're worth every penny, along with AnyDVD, of course.

:)

A suggestion on the error message, for those of us who would not think of these things first, like MakeMKV registration and version. I first thought of hardware problems and drive BIOS problems.

So, having the error message provide a suggestion for checking version and registration of the MakeMKV would provide better guidance. I spent a good amount of time looking at re-flashing the drives.

Of course, answers are always in the last place you look...:sneaky:
AnyDVD just tells what Makemkv tells. That's it. You should be able to draw your own conclusions. Re-flashing is just an absurd thought.

Remind me to not post here again.

Remind me to not post here again.
Now c'mon. You feel insulted? What's wrong with the status message to either update or uninstall Makemkv? A digital choice and nothing about firmware update or whatsoever. It gives you no option to think about. Just update or uninstall. So just do it what you did finally.

Back