• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

MakeMKV and MKB 14

hajj_3

it seems makemkv can handle mkbv14, maybe users could use both tools to make copies of those movies.

it seems makemkv can handle mkbv14, maybe users could use both tools to make copies of those movies.

What is your basis for saying this? Have you tried it? AFAIK it doesn't even handle BD+. It certainly doesn't work for me on a mkbv14 disc..

What is your basis for saying this? Have you tried it? AFAIK it doesn't even handle BD+. It certainly doesn't work for me on a mkbv14 disc..

MakeMKV handles at least 3 of the known MKB 14 releases and it would make no sense for it to not handle the fourth, as well. Some people have reported being unable to handle these MKB 14 discs with MakeMKV and that's something to take up with the author. The fact is that it does appear to fully handle MKB 14.

In the end I consider BD+ to be the more difficult beast to tame from my perspective as a user. Slysoft will definitely handle MKB 14 but right now I don't see the rush since it only exists on four known releases. BD+, on the other hand, is on a great many releases since it's essentially on every FOX release since Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer if my memory is correct.

Last edited:
Agreed. BD+ is the greater foe, and the one that requires continuous effort (at least right now) to battle. Which is why I patronize Slysoft, it's well worth the money.

I can't imagine it'll take SlySoft long to get to MKB 14 when they turn to it.

Oh, but one more thing. I and several of my friends also use Macs. And makemkv has a Mac version. Hint, hint.

Agreed. BD+ is the greater foe, and the one that requires continuous effort (at least right now) to battle. Which is why I patronize Slysoft, it's well worth the money.

I can't imagine it'll take SlySoft long to get to MKB 14 when they turn to it.

Oh, but one more thing. I and several of my friends also use Macs. And makemkv has a Mac version. Hint, hint.

If you use the search function you'll see why there isn't a MAC version

I think your hint was that perhaps a title with both MKB v14 and BD+ could be attacked using both programs simultaneously.

AFAIK, there is no such BD at the moment; none of the known MKB v14 titles (including the two UK discs that haven't even been released yet) are from studios known to use BD+. All the studios using MKB v14 right now are smaller ones (Lionsgate is by far the biggest); big-studio MKB v14 titles are probably far enough back in the distribution pipeline that it's less urgent than BD+ (which has already appeared on big-studio titles).

In addition, though I'm not a developer, IIRC from past discussions on this forum BD+ decryption was intentionally intertwined with AACS decryption as a security measure; if AnyDVD HD can't handle AACS on a title, it probably can't handle BD+ on that disc either. (But then I may be wrong.)

Patience, grasshopper. (RIP, David Carradine.) With all the balls the fox is juggling right now (CloneBD, SlyPlayer, etc.), I'm not surprised someone beat him to MKB v14. But then, only the fox has been able to figure out ANY version of BD+, so I'm also not surprised he attacked BD+ first. Most MKB versions haven't taken long at all compared to BD+; with BD+ now in check, I'm sure it'll be only a few more days before SlySoft conquers MKB v14 and all is well again. :clap:

MakeMKV handles at least 3 of the known MKB 14 releases and it would make no sense for it to not handle the fourth, as well. Some people have reported being unable to handle these MKB 14 discs with MakeMKV and that's something to take up with the author. The fact is that it does appear to fully handle MKB 14.

It does NOT handle "The Great Buck Howard" for me. Does anyone have a different experience?

It does NOT handle "The Great Buck Howard" for me. Does anyone have a different experience?

I know of someone who couldn't get it to work for Knowing (UK) on one system but it worked on another system. I can say from personal experience that it works with The Haunting in Connecticut. The software have have compatibility issues for some people since I've seen numerous people state that it won't work for them when it does work for others. This seems to be possibly a config issue, compatibility, etc. Unfortunately I can't test Buck Howard, myself, but I also don't consider spending the time to test it a worthwhile task, anyway.

MakeMKV handles MKB 14. It's only 4 releases thus far. AnyDVD HD wiping out 24+ BD releases with BD+ in the span of a few days from the not supported list impressed me a whole lot more. Besides, MakeMKV isn't an application I need.

Last edited:
I was also able to successfully rip Haunting in Connecticut BD (Region 1) with MakeMKV v1.4.5.

Z

Why so hostel dude. People pay good money for this program to work. Why not try to help people rather than yell at them. makemkv rips these disks for free.

My post got moved here fast. i know makemkv works for the haunting in connecticut us

Last edited:
As you can see, we're well aware that "makemkv" can uh "rip" (I guess) these discs for free. However, had you bothered to read the rules you'd know that the AnyDVD forum is for AnyDVD support, not for shilling other products. That's what we have this forum for. Calling me hostile for mentioning that a certain problem still isn't fixed and asking people not to repeatedly post logs for the same discs (usually in the wrong thread which hinders the effort to fix other problems) is kind of rude for a first post, don't you think? Did you just sign up on this forum to cause trouble? If you did, you will find yourself banned. I suggest you re-read the forum rules you agreed to when you signed up before making another post here.

Why so hostel dude. People pay good money for this program to work. Why not try to help people rather than yell at them. makemkv rips these disks for free.

My post got moved here fast. i know makemkv works for the haunting in connecticut us

What does #4 say in the link in my signature? Follow forum rules--or leave. :policeman:

Consider this a warning

Back