• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Main Video Bitrate Changing Between Titles

bphem3

I've been encoding a number of videos for viewing in the car that I can't get through AnyStream. I have set the resolution to SD and typically encode at 2.5 mbps. I noticed the bitrate slider changes between each title. For example I set Trolls at 2.5 mbps and when I opened up Secret Life of Pets it was 3.2 mbps or so. I reset to 2.5 and noticed that the slider was actually in a different location than Secret Life of Pets when set to the same bitrate. I've always been under the assumption that CloneBD settings persist between titles unless you change them.

Question:
Is the "Resulting Size" slider supposed to hold the same file size between titles or bitrate? OR is it make some adjustment between titles based on the video itself to maintain the same level of "quality"?

I figured it would hold the bitrate but it appears that its locking in the file size which is why its moving between titles (different length = different bitrate to achieve same file size).

Just curious if anyone might know the inner workings of the resulting size / main video bitrate slide bar.

Pictures attached for reference.

Capture 3.JPG

Capture 4.JPG

Here is Lego Movie 2. This first is with just opening the program make similar audio and subtitle selection and heading to the Target tab. The second is with my adjustments back to ~2.5 mbps.

Capture 5.JPG

Capture 6.JPG

Last edited:
CloenBD settings are persistent. But in this case we adjust to have about the same output size, rather than the same bitrate.

Maybe keeping the same bitrate between titles is a better choice. Let me think about it.

Back