main movie is only commentary

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by lfp2, Aug 28, 2007.

1. lfp2

lfp2 Well-Known Member

Recently it seems that I cant play the main movie. It only plays the commentary. I look for how to select main movie not commentary but it doesn't make any difference it still plays the commentary only. looks like this is a reply not a new post but I don't see how to do it differently.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  2. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

You mean the burned copy? CloneDVD does not play DVDs but it has a little preview box. This could happen if you removed all audio besides commentary I guess.

3. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

7. Why am I only getting Director's comments or having other audio related issues with my backup? (click the link and read fully)

4. lfp2

lfp2 Well-Known Member

I guess I own it

After I have burned with clonedvd the dvd when play the copy on my dvd player it only plays the commentary. Until recently I have been able to play the main movie.

lfp2

5. Webslinger

You misinterpreted my reply.

Click this link: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5033

6. lfp2

lfp2 Well-Known Member

Trouble with directors comments

I'll try to explain more fully. I put a dvd in the computer click on clonedvd. I have previously selected the preferences in anydvd. I clone all the files so the main movie should be on the copy. when I try to play the copy it only plays the directors comment version. Up until recently this was not a problem It says it is playing the main movie but is only playing the directors version/ FAQ didn't cover this that I could find

Hope this clears things up

lfp2

7. Webslinger

Yes, it does. You backed up the wrong audio selection in Clonedvd. Read that link again.

You backed up the audio of the director's commentary, which was likely 2-channel audio.
    You need to back up the audio for the main movie.

Read the link again.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  8. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking.

9. lfp2

lfp2 Well-Known Member

About:I cant play main movie

I went to the faq above and read the excellent explanation. I think I am like most people who copy a movie. I want it for playing it one time. Most are not worth more than that. The quality of the movie is nice but I am not interested in spending 1.85 for a move I will watch one time. If that 19 cent DVDfrom Fry's works that's good enough for me. For some special movies yes the full treatment is preferable and I intend to do that for a few favorite movies. I really appreciate the opportunity to learn how to do it. I'd like to see just how much difference it makes to do best quality compared to a quick copy with a GQ disk. But later. I feel most non-technical people like me are about the same. We just want to see a movie. Thanks all for your help. I suppose the problem was not selecting the right sound track. But I just play it on a 2 track stereo. I cant use more than two. If I record 4 channels I might just get the two my stereo is not connected to. I think this must have happened because at times I did not get the English soundtrack. Thanks again.