• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Lots of bad rips

joeyooser

I always use the 'Rip Video DVD to Hard Disk' option in any dvd to rip my original Discs to a folder, and then import them into Nero recode.

However, it seems like quite often these ripped directories are invalid now and are causing Nero Recode to crash outright or hang during the import. Sometimes nero gives an error message about an invalid structure.

Unfortunately, AnyDVD is not erroring out or warning in any way when doing these rips - you only find out about it later when you try to import into nero.

Examples - "Lost" Season 2 - virtually all of these were invalid. "Sex & The City" Season 6 - the one disc I ripped was invalid.

Any ideas what I should be doing differently?

I always use the 'Rip Video DVD to Hard Disk' option in any dvd to rip my original Discs to a folder, and then import them into Nero recode.

However, it seems like quite often these ripped directories are invalid now and are causing Nero Recode to crash outright or hang during the import. Sometimes nero gives an error message about an invalid structure.

Unfortunately, AnyDVD is not erroring out or warning in any way when doing these rips - you only find out about it later when you try to import into nero.

Examples - "Lost" Season 2 - virtually all of these were invalid. "Sex & The City" Season 6 - the one disc I ripped was invalid.

Any ideas what I should be doing differently?

You can either use CloneDVD along w/ AnyDVD to do the rip or use FixVTS or VobBlanker after ripping the DVD using AnyDVD by itself

Back