• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

LOTR Audio/Video Sync issue

testiles

UHD Guru
What I'm doing:

Compressing LOTR Fellowship Blu Ray .iso to BD-25 folder with CloneBD.
1:1 Complete copy.
Using original audio.

The problem:

In playing output, video is lagging audio really badly. Maybe a 30 sec or so lag.
Playing the folder in PDVD 16.

What I've observed.

The original .iso plays fine.
The movie plays fine in CloneBD's preview window.
I've done a number of runs with the same result.
I tried creating a partial copy with same result.

LOTR Return of the King has the exact same problem.

I've processed maybe 25 or so movies recently and the LOTR movies are the only ones I have encountered audio problems with.

Software versions:

AnyDVD 8.0.7.0
CloneBD 1.1.0.0 with h/w acceleration. Best Quality.

[EDIT: Sorry, forgot to attach logfiles....Done.]

[EDIT: Just completed LOTR The Two Towers Special Extended Edition Part 1 and it works fine.]

T

Attachments

• LOTR Fellowship CloneBD audio error.cbdlog
    596.5 KB · Views: 2
  • LOTR Return of the King CloneBD audio error.cbdlog
    592.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I did do a forum search on LOTR, Fellowship and video sync before posting this thread but could find nothing like this.

However if audio/video sync issues are a known problem OR issues with LOTR Blu Rays and it's already being looked at, please let me know.

Because at this point, I don't even know what to try to get this to work....

Thanks.

T

Do you guys think I should put in a ticket at Elby for this?

I mean, the process completes "successfully", so there is no dump file and not sure if the CloneBD logfile would be helpful for them in this case....

T

Additional information:

Just ran some more tests and found out this only occurs with Acceleration ON.

T

Just ran some more tests and found out this only occurs with Acceleration ON.

Interesting.
Can't reproduce this, though.
I have LOTR, but - other than yours - it's not VC-1, which seems to be what is special about your version.
I tried this with another disc, that also has VC-1, but that, too, plays perfectly in sync.

Looking at your first log file above: was that made from the original disc? (well, it was clearly not, as the source is a mounted ISO, but what I mean: is that an unaltered copy from the original disc?)
Because some files look pretty messed up (the .clpi for the main movie claims to be only 26 seconds long and a few other inconsistencies)

Looking at your first log file above: was that made from the original disc? (well, it was clearly not, as the source is a mounted ISO, but what I mean: is that an unaltered copy from the original disc?)
Because some files look pretty messed up (the .clpi for the main movie claims to be only 26 seconds long and a few other inconsistencies)

Hi Pete.

That .iso was created from the original disc using AnyDVD "Rip to Image" with "Keep Protection" checked.

I got all 3 LOTR movies at the same time and both this and Return to the King copies had bad lag. I'm looking for the Twin Towers movie to try that one as well.

On the other hand, I had LOTR Twin Towers extended version Blu Rays and when I tried one of those, no problem.

Honestly I have never seen a lag as bad as this. When I first played the copy, I thought another movie was playing on my computer in the background.

It was so disconnected I couldn't tell which was really lagging the audio or video, and I'm still not 100% sure -- but I think the video lags the audio.

Was surprised when I turned off Acceleration and after 3 hours, checked the output to find it was perfectly fine.

I can let you know the results for Twin Towers (not extended) as soon as I find it....

T

That .iso was created from the original disc using AnyDVD "Rip to Image" with "Keep Protection" checked.

Can you please create an AnyDVD log file?

Can you please create an AnyDVD log file?

Pete, I can only supply the logfile from mounting the .iso. I no longer have the original disc.

Attached....

T

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.7.0_Info_J_LORD OF THE RINGS FELLOWSHIP.ziplog
    757.1 KB · Views: 5
Problem fixed in 1.1.0.3

Involved the Intel VC-1 decoder

Back