• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

lost my drive

Anydvd isn't installed on the OP's system, and the drive still can't read anything.
So I would like anyone to explain to me how Anydvd is the issue when it's not even installed on the computer.

Honestly, I can't answer that question other than speculating that somehow installing AnyDVD made the existing known-to-be-problematic software suddenly rear its ugly head and even uninstalling AnyDVD didn't resolve the problem.

I'm one of those people that tends to literally need to sit down and mess around with things until I find something that gets my attention.

Pfff :p

Go ahead and cook. :)

One thought I did have doesn't seem to hold any validity in this case. Once upon a time I suddenly had a massive issue with my ASPI layer for no reason whatsoever. However, in my case the drives simply vanished altogether. In this case the drive isn't vanishing so I can't see a relation.

Anyway, unless I can offer something I see to be of real value then I'll refrain. Too many people asking questions can lead to more confusion than resolution and you're doing a good job already. Plus, you have those checklists memorized far better than me. :p

Honestly, I can't answer that question other than speculating that somehow installing AnyDVD made the existing known-to-be-problematic software suddenly rear its ugly head and even uninstalling AnyDVD didn't resolve the problem.

Even James wrote (and I'm paraphrasing), a long time ago, that if you exit Anydvd, and you're still having problems reading from a drive, the problem isn't Anydvd. I'm going one step further and making sure the user uninstalls the program. There's no way, if Anydvd isn't on a system, that it can cause conflicts for reading; Anydvd isn't running; it's not there.

If uninstalling Anydvd fixes the problem, then we can probably conclude Anydvd and another program were conflicting somehow. But that's not the case here. Anydvd isn't on the OP's system, and the drive still can't read anything.

If someone can prove to me, beyond a shadow of doubt, that Anydvd is to blame for drives not being able to read discs after being uninstalled from someone's system, I'd sure like to read the evidence.

Last edited:
Hi :)
fortworth welcome onboard. :clap:
I have a suggestion for you.
Try AdvancedWindowsCare v2 Personal:
It can & has helped many with erasing needless or duplicate links. It not only removes but repairs links etc too.
Give this a try.
I've used it for a long time without any 'side affects' :D

fortworth, Zebadee is excellent with mucked up registry issues, and his suggestions, in general, I find, are excellent too. You may want to try that program. :agree:

Last edited:
Even James wrote (and I'm paraphrasing), a long time ago, that if you exit Anydvd, and you're still having problems reading from a drive, the problem isn't Anydvd. I'm going one step further and making sure the user uninstalls the program. There's no way, if Anydvd isn't on a system, that it can cause conflicts for reading; Anydvd isn't running; it's not there.

I agree completely.

If uninstalling Anydvd fixes the problem, then we can probably conclude Anydvd and another program were conflicting somehow. But that's not the case here. Anydvd isn't on the OP's system, and the drive still can't read anything.

And this is messed up.

I'll make note of one bizarre situation I just had within the last week. I was burning a backup from my HDD to my Plextor PX-760A with Nero 7 Ultra. I set it to burn and verify and walked away doing other things. I glanced back in every now and then and saw it had completed the burn and had started the verification. A couple minutes later before it was complete I lost power for a couple hours. Not fun. When the power came back on and I booted my system my PX-760A was now not working. It existed. AnyDVD saw it along with Windows and everything else. But, pop a DVD in and nothing but the flashing yellow [is that yellow? it looks it to me] light like it's trying to read the disc and in the end nothing. The drive appeared dead. Needless to say I panicked a bit. I calmly [while swearing under my breath] shutdown the system and restarted it and the drive was now functioning normally again. Somehow the fact that it was in use when the power went out did something to it and a reboot resolved the problem but I can't give you an actual technical explanation as to why.

Anyway, that's the closest I've ever come to having a situation where a drive just wouldn't read and how it happened under bizarre circumstances.

If someone can prove to me, beyond a shadow of doubt, that Anydvd is to blame for drive's not being able to read discs after being uninstalled from someone's system, I'd sure like to read the evidence.

I don't think anyone will ever be able to prove this because, frankly, I don't think it can happen.

Now, I'll bow out. :)

And I'm off to dinner with some friends and probably a movie. I hope everyone including fortworth has a good weekend. And my apologies if I offended anyone.

Later,

Webslinger

The Roxio Drag-to-Disc is really a bad program when you have AnyDVD or Rip itforme. The Roxio will conflict with both even with Clone DVD as well.

The Roxio will kill your Burner & harddrive. I had the roxio progam & it killed my harddrive & burner I had a brand new burner "dead in 5 months" while using that damn drag to disc never again will i used ANY Roxio programs.:disagree: :disagree:

Back