• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Lossless Video - MKV Conversions?

HT_Enthusiast

So far from my use with CloneBD and reading all of the tutorial documentation, and post; it does not specify that conversions to MKV (h.264 or h.265) are "no compression" or "1:1" as if you create a backup ISO/File Structure. I have my settings set to highest quality, and encoding with a Ryzen 7 1700.

Since MKV's have greater compatibility with media players, that is my format of choice. So i have the following questions about attempting to achieve lossless video (or the best quality possible) when converting to MKV within CloneBD.

1. If i leave the slider all the way to the right (max bitrate), is that lossless or near lossless?
    1. If lossless - why does it not display "(no compression)" as seen on resulting size in ISO/File Structure?
    2. If leaving max bit-rate is there any quality difference between h.264 and h.265 since they will result in the same file size?
  2. How does the slider determine quality (RYG Bar)? Bit-rate alone?

Simply select "Copy original (lossless)" when selecting the "video codec" on the target page.
Then you have lossless.

If that option is not present, you may be using the MKV with permanent subtitles profile. That, of course, cannot copy lossless, as it has to apply the subtitles to the video stream.

Simply select "Copy original (lossless)" when selecting the "video codec" on the target page.
Then you have lossless.

If that option is not present, you may be using the MKV with permanent subtitles profile. That, of course, cannot copy lossless, as it has to apply the subtitles to the video stream.

Thank you Pete! - That's exactly what i was running into.

Wow, what a difference - went from 11-14 FPS to over 600 - much appreciated Pete!

Back