• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Lossless MKV?

It's strange to me why this wasn't the first file format feature added (way before any public release) then the shrinking/encoding options built on top of it.

In my mind, surely it is easier/less problematic not to touch any video/audio? :confused: (from a development standpoint)

I thought this as well...to be fair, this is an Elby product with support here at slysoft...a bit strange, as we do not know who is home at Elby.

I am hoping for a more concerted effort to get this product in better working order this year.

I wonder what happened to slysofts product,

What product? CloneBD is not from slysoft. The only complaint i have is for clonedvd mobile, that is not updated for over a year

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

What product? CloneBD is not from slysoft. The only complaint i have is for clonedvd mobile, that is not updated for over a year

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Well slice as was, was in gestation for a number of years with no mention of Elby. Then just before release the products name changes and apparently it was developed by Elby

Well slice as was, was in gestation for a number of years with no mention of Elby. Then just before release the products name changes and apparently it was developed by Elby

I'm vaguely with the idea that Elby and Slysoft are substantially the same people with different shop fronts as it were, the companies are registered in separate domiciles for legal reasons (e.g. that AnyDvd couldn't be sold from a swiss-registered company). All that has been said is that "Elby" own CloneBD, not that "Elby" developed it. But I don't know and probably am happier not knowing...

I can tell you, no one wants this feature more than I do. I've lobbied for it since day one. I'm still asking for it. That is my backup mechanism of choice. There are a few advantages CloneBD can bring to the table here. The user that said "AnyDVD only knows the playlist once users upload the information to the forum" is completely wrong. AnyDVD has code built in to determine the proper playlist on screen pass titles. Obviously, since it's a protection, they update the protection quite often in order to break AnyDVD. AnyDVD's code gets updated to handle the latest incarnation of the protection, but, it's in no way using a "database" or "information uploaded by users." And that's where CloneBD can help us. It will use that information seamlessly. And you'll be able to verify it with the preview window to ensure it's correct. At that point, when CloneBD is updated to do so, it will spit out an MKV with lossless video, audio, subs, and chapters. I've also requested one additional feature that MakeMKV has that I like a lot. The ability to extract forced subs to a separate sub track and flag it as forced only. I hope Elby/SlySoft takes this request seriously and we eventually get this functionality. That's my hope for CloneBD. The other useful thing it can help us with is episode discs. Converting Game of Thrones to MKV is much simpler with CloneBD's listing of the tracks and the ability to, again, preview them. There is a lot of potential usefulness that CloneBD brings to the table once the relevant bugs are fixed and the functionality added.

There is a lot of potential usefulness that CloneBD brings to the table once the relevant bugs are fixed and the functionality added.

Agreed. Potentially CloneBD could of made MKV backup close to perfect and a genuine reason to purchase over competitors (even for just MKV's)
Hopefully this will get added before the middle of Feb (ready for GOT S4 release :D )

I know it is still in the early release stages but considering how late CloneBD came to the party, these type of features should be available (IMO)

Yeah hopefully this is fixed soon. I have no desire to lose quality but want to try this out to see if it does anything better than ClownBD. But don't want to start my trial until this issue has been fixed.
You can start your trial at any time, the trial will run until the program is completely stable. I know that's a leap of faith because there are going to be people that want unequaled perfection in all aspects of every disc they encode or transcode, so imho, what you may call losing quality, I may call good quality, I have made 1280X720P files that play great on a 30" monitor, but that's just me. I think the program is progressing at a great rate and I am looking forward to all the new features. Hope everyone else is also.

You can start your trial at any time, the trial will run until the program is completely stable. I know that's a leap of faith because there are going to be people that want unequaled perfection in all aspects of every disc they encode or transcode, so imho, what you may call losing quality, I may call good quality, I have made 1280X720P files that play great on a 30" monitor, but that's just me. I think the program is progressing at a great rate and I am looking forward to all the new features. Hope everyone else is also.

No disrespect intended but a 1280x720 encode is not the same as a lossless MKV. Good quality sure, but definitely a loss in quality.
Not to mention that inferior file can take twice as long to encode (maybe longer)
This is not really a "new" feature we are asking for, it is just a basic untouched MKV that IMO should of been available from day 1.

Hi SlyFox 1

I'd like to echo the point made by ddjmagic just above, and I also don't want to come across as disrespectful or to sound like I don't appreciate what was achieved already.

Also I'd agree exactly with what SamuraiHL wrote above, simply 100%. This is identical to my situation.

Regarding your answer, the first part relates to the program being stable i.e. bugfixes, but what is being asked for here is not a bugfix but a feature request. The second part of your answer suggests that you don't see this as a high priority?

It feels like, to be completely direct, you avoided to answer the question: whether you can give any feedback on planning to address this functionality? I for one would really appreciate feedback on this.

Cheers,

Steve

PS I have understood from others in the past that cutting and pasting "losslessly" is actually more hard than transcoding. So it's not that I want to beat everyone up for it not being there on day 1. Just to get a statement where it's going.

Last edited:
I can tell you, no one wants this feature more than I do. I've lobbied for it since day one. I'm still asking for it. That is my backup mechanism of choice. There are a few advantages CloneBD can bring to the table here. The user that said "AnyDVD only knows the playlist once users upload the information to the forum" is completely wrong. AnyDVD has code built in to determine the proper playlist on screen pass titles. Obviously, since it's a protection, they update the protection quite often in order to break AnyDVD. AnyDVD's code gets updated to handle the latest incarnation of the protection, but, it's in no way using a "database" or "information uploaded by users." And that's where CloneBD can help us. It will use that information seamlessly. And you'll be able to verify it with the preview window to ensure it's correct. At that point, when CloneBD is updated to do so, it will spit out an MKV with lossless video, audio, subs, and chapters. I've also requested one additional feature that MakeMKV has that I like a lot. The ability to extract forced subs to a separate sub track and flag it as forced only. I hope Elby/SlySoft takes this request seriously and we eventually get this functionality. That's my hope for CloneBD. The other useful thing it can help us with is episode discs. Converting Game of Thrones to MKV is much simpler with CloneBD's listing of the tracks and the ability to, again, preview them. There is a lot of potential usefulness that CloneBD brings to the table once the relevant bugs are fixed and the functionality added.

If you take a look back at the slyce feature request thread this was one of the very early requests (by yourself I think) but that was something like 2 and a half years ago at a time when we thought the release was imminent. I'm dismayed that a program that seemed to other so much promise has failed to deliver this. To be honest this has tarnished my image of slysoft/Elby.

I have zero interest in purchasing blurays then converting them into something inferior. All I want is something to make a lossless mkv with forced subs. Makemkv is pretty close but is a bit to unreliable when it comes to forced subs and is poor when dealing with playlist obfuscation.

Hopefully sly soft and Elby will get this sorted soon, til then my money is staying in my pocket.

If you take a look back at the slyce feature request thread this was one of the very early requests (by yourself I think) but that was something like 2 and a half years ago at a time when we thought the release was imminent. I'm dismayed that a program that seemed to other so much promise has failed to deliver this. To be honest this has tarnished my image of slysoft/Elby.

I have zero interest in purchasing blurays then converting them into something inferior. All I want is something to make a lossless mkv with forced subs. Makemkv is pretty close but is a bit to unreliable when it comes to forced subs and is poor when dealing with playlist obfuscation.

Hopefully sly soft and Elby will get this sorted soon, til then my money is staying in my pocket.

Is there any update on this?? Like most of you, I'm not even considering this product till this issue is resolved.

Well I missed to see that!!! Fair enough - Time to get my credit card out...

Are you sure its fixed? Maybe i'm doing something wrong then. I just tried a test and it said it would take many hours to complete. I'm expecting it to take around 15mins like MakeMKV does.

I have the disc loaded and select "convert for a device or into a file" --> then "Matroska Container" --> then select the title I want --> the leave the size and out resolution at default (which is max) and press 'begin conversion".

Is it taking forever because I'm still using a trial version and it needs to embed the logo on each frame? If so, is there a way to test this before I buy the software?

It takes ages even on the full version. For me it takes about an hour to make what is supposedly an untouched MKV, same film takes about 15 minutes using makemkv

Are you sure its fixed? Maybe i'm doing something wrong then. I just tried a test and it said it would take many hours to complete. I'm expecting it to take around 15mins like MakeMKV does.

This feature isn't available yet. Steve55 post was regarding Slysoft/Elby commitment to this feature.

I've said it before, this should of been a day 1 feature on the public release. I can't understand why it wasn't.

Back