• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Lossless Audio, ReClock and Gapless/Seamless DirectShow playback

twitto

For leeperry, Mark_A_W and everyone who needs gapless/seamless DirectShow playback

Hi there, I read you in some forums looking for exactly what I want:

A DirectShow based player, lossless audio files, ReClock renderer & gapless playback.

Some person suggest re-rip your cd's as a single file, some other person suggest re-rip your cd's with .cue files but just a few players can handle that .cue files, seems like you find that the J. River MP do something alike but you still not convinced (Because its huge and messy interface (your words), the extra process adds to your OS and of course because you should pay for it) so now other person (me) suggest you the following:

Create gapless playlists.

The downsides of this method are:
- the order of playback will be the specified in the playlist because...
- the playlist works like a single file so obviously...
- You can't go to a specific track.

If you can live with that, then do this:

Install Avisynth and create a .avs file contains this:

DirectShowSource("C:\folder\subfolder\01-track.ape") ++\
DirectShowSource("C:\folder\subfolder\02-track.ape") ++\
DirectShowSource("C:\folder\subfolder\03-track.ape") ++\
DirectShowSource("C:\folder\subfolder\04-track.ape") ++\
DirectShowSource("C:\folder\subfolder\05-track.ape") ++\
DirectShowSource("C:\folder\subfolder\06-track.ape") ++\
DirectShowSource("C:\folder\subfolder\07-track.ape") ++\
DirectShowSource("C:\folder\subfolder\08-track.ape") ++\
DirectShowSource("C:\folder\subfolder\09-track.ape") ++\
DirectShowSource("C:\folder\subfolder\10-track.ape") ++\
DirectShowSource("C:\folder\subfolder\11-track.ape") ++\
DirectShowSource("C:\folder\subfolder\12-track.ape")

then drop this .avs file to your DirectShow based player and enjoy.

I know it's still a poor solution, but for me (and for others I hope) is the better workaround available until now,
and it's works with any extensions even videos (if framerate and dimensions match, if not, then read this.

All credits are for this guy, who gimme the idea.

If someone with knowledge of Avisynth can add chapters or cuts to the script to make tracks navigation possible without break gapless playback please let me (us) know.

sorry 4 my English.

Back