• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Looks like mkvmaker is getting in on UHD ripping

Dolby vision is hdr10+ not audio.

While you are of course correct that Dolby Vision is not audio, it is not HDR10+. They are entirely separate, competing, dynamic HDR formats that require unique efforts to support. Also, HDR10+ is also not part of the UHD Blu-ray standard while DV and HDR10 are.

I ripped to folders not mkv format
How you rip is irrelevant to Manixx's comment that Dolby Vision does not relate to your comment about being able to play back 7.1 audio. Dolby Vision is HDR, not audio. You may be confusing the name with Dolby Atmos which is audio.

How you rip is irrelevant to Manixx's comment that Dolby Vision does not relate to your comment about being able to play back 7.1 audio. Dolby Vision is HDR, not audio. You may be confusing the name with Dolby Atmos which is audio.

yes correct

Dolby vision the metadata changes every segment in video. One clip will use xmeta HDR meta data then change to ymetadata in the next clip. This is encoded directly into the byte data string in the video, not a seperate tag like main10 which covers a set HDR for the whole movie. This is to allow different dynamics in dark shots and daylight shots. Also takes advantage of fixed local dimming zones.

While you are of course correct that Dolby Vision is not audio, it is not HDR10+. They are entirely separate, competing, dynamic HDR formats that require unique efforts to support. Also, HDR10+ is also not part of the UHD Blu-ray standard while DV and HDR10 are.
All true but u won't find just a Dolby vision UHD disc without hdr10.

Just bought this
BW-16D1HT
  1. 31U5VPJJRHL._SY400_.jpg31zyUceUw8L._SY400_.jpg
Looks like Mike over at mkvmaker is going to get 50 plus Canadian UHD dumps...... I own them all but want my htpc to continue with kodi front end so decided to try this.....

Looks like Mike is using aacs 1.0 certificate and the volume disk ID to get the hash keys for each disk ...... Interesting....

50 gig rips is way to big. Looking at 12-15 gig 1080p HDR rips ;)

This is my list of UHD disks so far

John wick 2
America made
Dunkirk
Mommy series (3 movies)
Xmen series (3 movies)
Tom hanks DAV code , inferno and angels Demon's
War planet of apes
Valerian
Kong
Planet earth 2
Maze runner series(2 movies)
Daverant,insurant and the other one......3 movies
Assins Creed
Great gasby
Fate and furious
Reverant
Wonder woman
Suside squad
Garden of galaxy 2
Pirates of carribean new one
Kingsman new movie
Fantastic beasts
Hacksaw ridge
Lone survivor
Allied
New Spiderman
Everest
Logan
Transformer 5
Oblivion
Now you see me one and two (2 movies)
Magnificent 7
Dark tower
Hidden figures
Passengers
Sully
Patriots day
Deep water horizon
The great wall
The shallows
King Arthur
Exodus God Kings
Triple x return of xander cage
The last witch hunter
Snitch
Tarzan
John wick first one
Expandable series pack (3 movies)
3-10 to yuma
God of Egypt
Lala land
Mummy new one
San Andres
Jack reicher never go back
Concussion
Independence Day: Resurgence
The Great Wall
Alien: Covenant

70 listed.... Think there's some I missed.

Wednsday get my bdxl drive...... hope it works. Have a ton of encoding to do taking hdr down to 1080p 10bit hdr. This will be intresting to see the results between the 2 and the file sizes.

This is my UHD disk called IT. This will get some use to but I like I can scrap all the audio and keep the atmos track and movie and only the forced subs. Reduce the size

Back