• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

looking for friendly UHD drive, but External

gga01

Hi,
I aleady use a friendly LG, but this in internal.
I want to add something external (USB-connected), but I don't find any appropriate recommmendation.
The drives that are offered in the market do not show what kind of drive itself they bury into their housings.

Thanks for any advise (- would be very helpful if the drive you recommend are still avaialable..)

Last edited:
Last edited:
This is the comprehensive thread I looked for - great.
I guess I pick the external "- LG BU40N with casing pre-installed" through Henrik, even when its "Not recommended for burning"; I'll let you know how it worked...

You are good if you want to read UHD discs and burn 25GB discs. To burn 50GB discs an additional Pioneer drive is highly recommended. If you are interested I can send some link with my tests.

LG 5.25 Friendly drive here, installed in a Vantec Nexstar DX external housing; Works great.
(All initial flashing etc. performed whilst in said enclosure)

@coopervid: additional tests are more then welcome.
Pitty that there is no external drive for both read/write

Back