• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Long time user, first time Intel GPU, and dropping frames :(

sclaws

First off, I don't even know if this is related to Reclock. My last HTPC fizzled out a few months ago (with an NVidia GTX460). I used Reclock with Mediaportal successfully for years, so I didn't even think there might be an issue when I moved to an Intel NUC 5I5RYK (Haswell CPU, HD6000 GPU integrated). Since this hardware came into the picture using Windows 8.1 and 10 x64, I am seeing a frame drop every 4 minutes or so. All my files are either 1:1 BD ISO's or direct mkv rips for TV programs and series.

I'm appealing to the brains here... can anyone offer some suggestions? Is there a possibility that Reclock may have some undiscovered incompatibility that is behind these frame drops? I'm completely open to suggestions... crazy or otherwise. Thank you in advance!!!

In MediaPortal, try enabling rendering stats when playing a video (key: ! ) and wait for a frame skip and check if something changes at that moment in the stats. Take a screenshot if needed (key: F11)

a ReClock log from playing a file and waiting for a frame skip could help if you want James to look at the cause.

I've also been told that Windows 10 GUI scaling configured with values other than 100% can also cause frame skips, but only witnessed in MPC-HC.

In MediaPortal, try enabling rendering stats when playing a video (key: ! ) and wait for a frame skip and check if something changes at that moment in the stats. Take a screenshot if needed (key: F11)

a ReClock log from playing a file and waiting for a frame skip could help if you want James to look at the cause.

I've also been told that Windows 10 GUI scaling configured with values other than 100% can also cause frame skips, but only witnessed in MPC-HC.

Thank you for your suggestions. I have monitored render stats and haven't noticed any changes when the drops occur, but will try again. I will also grab a ReClock log and post here later tonight when I am able. As for scaling, I'm strictly 1:1. I have been messing with MPC-HC with various combinations including mad-vr and ReClock, but the results have unfortunately not improved.

OK, I ran two log files... one with Mediaportal playing an .mkv, and one using PowerDVD 15 playing a blu ray ISO (protected w/AnyDVD HD running). I wasn't sure how long to run the log, so I waited until I saw a frame drop, then stopped playback. Hopefully this helps.

Attachments

• reclock_log_Mediaportal.txt
    56.1 KB · Views: 3
  • reclock_log_PDVD15.txt
    194.3 KB · Views: 1
Back