• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Long Standing Irritation: Queue Lost When Program Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip WNY

This one has been bugging me since the first day I started using Anystream. The download queue is lost if you exit the program, if it crashes, or if your machine resets. I just had another incidence of this tonight and it is frustrating when you are building a significant queue to download overnight. I wish there was a way Anystream would retain some sort of file with the queue information until each title is successfully downloaded, then that specific title can be deleted from the file. This way, if someone has to relaunch the program after a shutdown or crash, the download queue would still be there.

Known issue/request for a long time.
It can be difficult to save some information I believe, if some values change or the old playlist is not valid anymore, AS wont be able to add it again.

I would be satisfied if AS would just keep an updated JBOD/XML/Plain Text File/Whatever on the disk. When it restarts and the file is non-emply pop up a message to view the file. Even if AS couldn't reload the files in the queue like Handbrake, just show me the list in plaintext so I can reload them.

I would be satisfied if AS would just keep an updated JBOD/XML/Plain Text File/Whatever on the disk. When it restarts and the file is non-emply pop up a message to view the file. Even if AS couldn't reload the files in the queue like Handbrake, just show me the list in plaintext so I can reload them.
I think the way you describe it has been mentioned already or I just thought of it at some time, but right now they are (still?) working at Max, so I am not sure if you should hope to see it soon. But yes, to save at least the name of the movie/show and how many episodes (like S1 E3-E8) would be enough.

I think the way you describe it has been mentioned already or I just thought of it at some time, but right now they are (still?) working at Max, so I am not sure if you should hope to see it soon. But yes, to save at least the name of the movie/show and how many episodes (like S1 E3-E8) would be enough.
Episodes aren't even an issue. If the program crashes the episodes are still on the disk that downloaded and folders for the ones that didn't and just click Do Not Overwrite when you add them to the queue. But the movies are the problem. What movie, from what source. For right now, I take a picture of the queue when I add more than a trivial number of movies.

Known issue/request for a long time.
It can be difficult to save some information I believe, if some values change or the old playlist is not valid anymore, AS wont be able to add it again.
Yes I already heard this argument but is not valid in my opinion, even in the same session NF can stop downloading the titles and I can have a lot of lines in red and I have to restart AS.
At least keep a list somewhere with the titles in there and from which provider.

Yes I already heard this argument but is not valid in my opinion, even in the same session NF can stop downloading the titles and I can have a lot of lines in red and I have to restart AS.
IIRC someone noticed some time ago that Netflix kind of resets the session after 24hrs so you need to re-log to get 1080p again ...
Maybe somebody want to confirm? I never tried it myself.
If it is really the case ... don't fill your NF queue that it would exceed the 24hr mark during downloading.

I confirm. At first it was once a week, now I log out/in every day, but as it's a little random and I don't remember exactly the time I logged in, you don't know if it remains 2 or 8 hours, you add titles and some hours later all is marked in red or downloaded but in 540p.

This is why I have a dedicated post in the forums on how to reenable 1080p.

This is precisely what I was planning to say. Just a plain text file updated as each file is successfully finished would be very helpful.

No offense guys, but the original idea behind having a queue was to make it possible to download a season at a time...maybe two.
The queue was never meant or designed for you to add 500 items to and come back a day or two later when it was finished.

It is the rule not the exception for applications to revert back to the initial state they were in when first launched in the event the given application crashes and has to be restarted. This constant "please hold my hand" posting that happens here is ridiculous. And here's an idea for the OP, perhaps focus on why the application is crashing so much and fix it. I'm running very old hardware. I've experienced no performance issues and the application hasn't crashed a single time. Perhaps also consider not using AnyStream to locally archive the entire catalog of a given streaming provider. Just saying.

Wanna fries with that? :giggle: You can always do your own list in Word or Notepad what you intend to download or which episodes / series are still missing.
Really??? Please! That would only be because software with a known BASIC defect or lacks a suitable workaround forced me to do that, That’s on Redfox, not me. As a paying customer you are darn-tootin’ right I want fries with that. You seem to forget the first rule of commerce: the customer is ALWAYS right and a response like this is a great way to offend and drive customers away. Duh.

It is the rule not the exception for applications to revert back to the initial state they were in when first launched in the event the given application crashes and has to be restarted. This constant "please hold my hand" posting that happens here is ridiculous. And here's an idea for the OP, perhaps focus on why the application is crashing so much and fix it. I'm running very old hardware. I've experienced no performance issues and the application hasn't crashed a single time. Perhaps also consider not using AnyStream to locally archive the entire catalog of a given streaming provider. Just saying.
Good for you. Why are you even responding? You have no idea how I am using the software or the queue or how often I experience crashes. Don’t make assumptions.

Good for you. Why are you even responding? You have no idea how I am using the software or the queue or how often I experience crashes. Don’t make assumptions.
Enough, everyone is allowed an opinion, I will make the decision, if a response is out of order. If you do not like a response to a post, please just turn the page. The thread is finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back