• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"Live Free or Die Hard" BD+ doesn't work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does PowerDVD also guess the Region of the Blu-ray Disc or does PowerDVD know the region?! Bit confused :confused:

No. It doesn't know or care about the region. It is the other way: The disc 'asks' the player - what region are you?
Player answers A, B or C.
Disc decides what to play depending on the response, like the nice red FOX warning "This disc is authored to play... go get a different player" (or similar).

No. It doesn't know or care about the region. It is the other way: The disc 'asks' the player - what region are you?
Disc decides what to play depending on the response, like the nice red FOX warning "This disc is authored to play... go get a different player" (or similar).

Too bad the disc couldn't just...forget to ask. :D I know, I know. Not that simple. Ah well. :)

Yeah, but with some drives it takes 4 hours to Rip a BD50.

If an ISO image was created the BDSVM folder would be present. Even AnyDVD ripper copied it. PowerDVD 3319a playback from folder needs it.

Anyway, it takes 10 seconds to test if AnyDVD works with a disc:
Insert it, check AnyDVD status window.

Second test: (another 30 seconds)
Play it with AnyDVD enabled.

Oh ok. But what's the problem with this guessing then? I guess (hehe..) that the operating scheme of AnyDVD is the following (lets take a Region C disc)

Disc asks AnyDVD: What region are you?
AnyDVD: I'm Region A.
Disc: I'm not. I won't play.

next try

AnyDVD: I'm Region B.
Disc: I'm not. I won't play.

next try

AnyDVD: I'm Region C.
Disc: I'm also Region C, nice to meet you :)

Aren't there Multi-Region players out? If there would be, the Region removal would be easy:

AnyDVD: I'm Region A, B and C.
Disc: I'm Region C, nice to meet you :)

Hehe :D

Last edited:
I have a Region B disc, removing BD+ works fine. There are at least two different Region B discs available but i would be surprised if one had a more advanced protection than the other.

i think this was ripped with older anydvd before the ripper copied the BDSVM folder, (if i remember correctly it renamed it !SLY or something like that) and it had to be done manually, and he copied it wrong.

Locked to means it isn't playable on Region A & B players. It's the Region B version.

But this isn't important, since AnyDVD HD can also remove the Region Code from BD+ protected disk. Can you confirm this, James?

Of course it can, but there are some exceptions (like "Sunshine"), but we're working on it.

Oh ok. But what's the problem with this guessing then? I guess (hehe..) that the operating scheme of AnyDVD is the following (lets take a Region C disc)

No. How do you differentiate "Will Play" from "Won't play"? It sill plays something (That static clip with message) if the region is wrong. AnyDVD have to analyse the whole script (the part of which is the region question disc "asks" the player).

No. How do you differentiate "Will Play" from "Won't play"? It sill plays something (That static clip with message) if the region is wrong. AnyDVD have to analyse the whole script (the part of which is the region question disc "asks" the player).

Oh, ok. Well, I don't think it is a big thing to look at the Bluray case and choose one out of 3 regions.

However, with BD+ completly (100%) cracked, I believe in AnyDVD having a full-working Region Code removal. Probably in one of the next versions :agree:

The disc the OP is talking about is the one from the torrent on hdbits which had the BDSVM folder named wrong, there is nothing wrong with the original disc, or the rip for that matter, the folder just has to be moved as already explained.

The disc the OP is talking about is the one from the torrent on hdbits which had the BDSVM folder named wrong, there is nothing wrong with the original disc, or the rip for that matter, the folder just has to be moved as already explained.

PSSSSSSSH! SlySoft doesn't support Pirates...

Question: Does AnyDVD support Pirates of the Caribbean? :p

Great, case closed, one problem less I've to worry about. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back