• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Lite-On LH-20A1H - LL06 Firmware - AnyDVD 6.1.3.0

It's just that some people may have just the one new lite-on drive go and buy anydvd and find out it won't work.

Yes, that is a possibility. I can't do much about it. Maybe contact Slysoft as I mentioned earlier . . .

The thing is though that I'm pretty sure James is aware of this issue.

Yes, that is a possibility. I can't do much about it. Maybe contact Slysoft as I mentioned earlier . . .

The thing is though that I'm pretty sure James is aware of this issue.

I have two of the Lite-On 20x writers and have experienced failures from time to time - Mostly with Nero. The failures normally occur during "Recalaberation" of the drive. I really think that the problem is "not enough juice" to power the drive. In my case they are external USB/IEEE1394 attached devices. The error only happens with certain media and unfortunately, this includes the TY 8x DVD-R "Value Line". I also experience problems (weird ones) when I use DVD-Recorder directly form the drives rather than from a HDD (after "off-loading" the material from the ODD).

My thoughts, generally are it's a Lite-on problem (power, cable, or whatever)...

The error only happens with certain media and unfortunately, this includes the TY 8x DVD-R "Value Line".

The power issue seems like a plausible explanation, but I really have no idea as I don't have those burners. I generally recommend the TY 8x dvd-r Premium line, especially for slower burners, although I would certainly prefer the value line over a lot of other blank media (for example, princo and a lot of general stuff sold by Memorex, Fuji, etc.). It's pretty weird for burners to be constantly failing on TY media in general, even the value line (unless you came across a really bad batch).

If you're interested you could try some Verbatim +R media made by CMC (but if it's a power issue, then there's probably not much to be done; I doubt most companies would even admit there's a hardware issue). visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=2589

Last edited:
WHat i neglect to mention was that the failures occured when attempting DVD burns at very slow speed - mostly 4x and below for the 16X Tys and below 4x for the 8x Tys. The Lite-on's tend to "grind" and then complain about the calibration error. Also this has only appears to happen when using Nero software.

WHat i neglect to mention was that the failures occured when attempting DVD burns at very slow speed - mostly 4x and below for the 16X Tys and below 4x for the 8x Tys. The Lite-on's tend to "grind" and then complain about the calibration error. Also this has only appears to happen when using Nero software.

Have you contacted Nero about this? By the way, I generally don't recommend burning that slowly, although there certainly shouldn't be any grinding. That's very troubling.

Rule of thumb...burn at 1/2 the rated media speed. I'd crank burn the speed up.

Back