• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Lite-On LH-16W1P and AnyDVD

xCharvelx416

Hi everyone!!

Since upgrading to this model of LiteOn drives, it seems that AnyDVD 6.1.0.7 or the new 6.1.1.3 has issues with the drive. All attempts at creating any backup results in a "sector 1 is encrypted" error. I've tried DVDShrink and DVDDecrypter.

Any thoughts as to why the drive is incompatible? Maybe something LiteOn did to sell the drive in the U.S. to make it more difficult to create backups?

(other drives we have still work fine, SOHW-1633/1693)

Edit: Here's a screenshot:

newdrivebug.gif

Last edited:
Yes, the firmware in the newer Liteon drives has to be tweaked. You are not the only one having this problem.:(

@Slyfox

Thanks bud....I had a feeling this was a LiteOn issue....I have the older drives in a backup USB enclosure for the time being, so it's not much of a performance loss at this point. I'll keep an eye for firmware updates....lemme know if you hear of any. So far, we haven't had a single issue with AnyDVD...couldn't live without it!! :D

@rolling56

Nope....she's a PATA drive. The board we're using Soyo Dragon KT880 supports up to 12 drives, four of them SATA 150s...but I haven't installed any as of yet.

Oh....and unfortunately, living here in the US, asking if encryption issues are going to be fixed is like asking a locksmith to fix a key to break into a bank.

Does anyone here know anyone that tweaks LiteOn drive firmware that might be fixing this issue?

I had two LG drives that would give an encryption warning whenever I stuck an original disc in but with the latest AnyDvd update I dont get it anymore. I have no explantion as to why.

I had two LG drives that would give an encryption warning whenever I stuck an original disc in but with the latest AnyDvd update I dont get it anymore. I have no explantion as to why.
The explaination is in the LG firmware, AnyDVD has been upgraded to deal with this problem.

I have the exact same problem with mine. I have the 16w1p in my machine and it won't read sectors of dvd's when AnyDVD is installed. Once I uninstall it will read just fine with DVDFAB. Once I put it back on, it won't read encrypted DVD's. I even have the newest version of AnyDVD too! Anyone have a link to better Lite-On firmware? Or are you guys at Slysoft working on a 'workaround' for this? I love this program and cannot live without it! If need be I'll get another NEC 3500A!

Back