• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Lite-on Dvdrw Lh-18a1h Hl05

Valen

Hi all :bowdown:

I have just finished building my new rig and all updates have been completed.

My new Lite-On drives are being nasty.

Problem is, Dvd Shrink is giving me copy protection errors and cannot continue.

Tried reinstalling any dvd, but no joy.

Is this a firmware issue?

Many thanks

Hi all :bowdown:

I have just finished building my new rig and all updates have been completed.

My new Lite-On drives are being nasty.

Problem is, Dvd Shrink is giving me copy protection errors and cannot continue.

Tried reinstalling any dvd, but no joy.

Is this a firmware issue?

Many thanks

When you install a new drive insure that the region code is set on them before using AnyDVD etc.. Lite-Ons come from the facotry as "not set". Disable AnyDVD and then simply play a "Store Bought" dvd for a minute or so and that should set the region code to the DVD being played. Afer that has been accomplished - try it again and let us know if it works (or not).

Hi G-Omaha

Thanks for the reply.

I updated the firmware and set regions, but still nothing. Having looked around on these forums and others, it seems the some of the newer LiteOns are having problems with Any dvd.

I have just bought an LG and a Pioneer burner. so I will report back with the results.

Many thanks

Firmware is rarely an issue. mainly, firmware updates are for media recognition.

Hi :)
The very latest Lite-Ons (I have a LH-20A1P) are somewhat tempermental. The f/w too. Clear OPC then flash drive again.(Possibly in safemode). This sometimes helps, but is very hit or miss. As for region setting drives. I haven't done this for over 2 years. Never had a problem that could be traced to this either.

Well my new LG and Pioneer drives are installed and are working great! :) :)

Looks like the LiteOns have a problem.

Thanks all for you input! :clap:

Hi :)
Great news Valen. :clap:
LG, Pioneer & Plextor are the drives that give me least problems. Very good very reliable. Excellent value for money. (guess the Plextor might be considered a touch expensive:p ).

Firmware Lite-on

Hi There.
Please note latest firmware for the Lite-on HL-18A1H is HL07 can be obtained from Cdrinfo.com

Back