• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

lite-on dvdrw LH-16w1p

randallatha

I have a problem and I hope someone can help or have run into this problem before., my lite on dvd drive isnt very old,and up to a week ago it would burn anything, music,movies,data etc, I was useind fuji DvD+r discs and they worked fine, then I bought Maxell DvD+r discs and now it wont burn crap, it gets close but then I get a simple Burn Error Message, I use Windvd creator for my video and sonic for my data, This maybe unrelated but I've Heard that some dvd burners will only take certin brands of discs, I;ve updated the firmware and it didnt help, the drive will play dvd movies it just wont burn anything. oh and I'm running XP sp2 , anyone know the root of my problem or how to fix it?

anyone know the root of my problem or how to fix it?

Stop using inferior quality blank media. Use Taiyo Yuden Premium, Verbatim, Maxell Plus (made in Japan), or Maxell Broadcast Quality (made in Japan).

The Maxell blank media you are likely using is not good stuff, and if the Fuji blank media isn't also made in Japan, it's also inferior quality blank media (regardless of whether it did burn fine).

will it help?

will that realy help? the fuji was working fine....the only reason I got maxell
was because Radio shack was out of the fuji.

1. Bad quality blank media can vary in results from disc to disc, even within the same spindle. With good blank media you can play "find the bad blank" game. With inferior quality blank media you get to play "find the blank that works" game. And even when inferior blank media does work, you can play the "will my backups still play after 6 months (or even after two years)" game.

Use good quality blank media (Taiyo Yuden Premium, Verbatim, Maxell Plus, Maxell Broadcast Quality). Avoid Ritek, Memorex, Regular Maxell blank media that you can find in most stores that are not made in Japan, Fuji, TDK from Costco, and Princo. Also, on average, it's wise to avoid blank media that's made in China or Hong Kong.

2. Do step 4 from here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 (note that step 4 requires you to post information)

Fuji are not good quality but if they worked....use them. Better to get some Verbatim...they are readily available at good prices.

Verbatim +R

Ok so I am using Verbatim +R and am having the same problem if I put in a blank dvd in thte my computer window it shows it as a cd drive. Also shows that the disk has no free space. Any help?

It is very possible that your drive is dying.

possibly

Have you heard of any firmware upgrades that I might try. Which if it's dying I know it won't help but if it is not dying maybe.

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?category=4&manufactor=17 just be sure to download the firmware correct for your drive. If you're unsure, download LtnRPC and run it... it will show you the model number as well as firmware version, and while you're at it you can disable RPC (you do not need to re-enable it prior to flashing either). The other way to check is to open up my computer, right click on the DVD-RW and select properties and select the Hardware tab, where model numbers for all IDE/SATA connections will appear, but this won't tell you your current firmware version. Hope this helps...

I have the same burner that you do and are not experiencing any problems. I do not use the CHEAP DVD's, ever. What I did find is that Nero and Sonic programs DID cause my drives to malfunction constantly until I removed ALL traces of them. Reason? They continued to "talk" to my drives no matter what I was doing, causing all manner of problems. Hope this helps.

Sundowner37

What I did find is that Nero and Sonic programs DID cause my drives to malfunction constantly until I removed ALL traces of them. Reason? They continued to "talk" to my drives no matter what I was doing, causing all manner of problems. Hope this helps.

Then you had either Incd or DLA installed (both are examples of packet writing software--and they do cause conflicts with Slysoft software).

Lite-On LH-16w1p

I see a firmware update available here. You might also check on the LiteOn site (oops - Oldjoe posted the link for you while I was keying, I think). http://www.firmware.fr.st/

Also - have you installed and enabled Smartburn for your LiteOn drive? This little utility provided by Lite-On often improves the write strategy and burn results for media the drive does not have already identified and programmed in the firmware.

I use and run Roxio software all the time (EMC 9.1 Deluxe) - with no problems related to CloneDVD2. However, I do not use packet writing and no packet writing software or drivers are currently installed on my machines.

Last edited:
Back