• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Lite-On 16W1p

capecrusader

I am using Clone DVD and AnyDVD. My new Lite-on burner, LH-16W1P, encounters a write error when it reaches 47% burn completion. When I insert another disk, it then goes through the burn without issue. I am Verbatim disks, burning at 12x to DVD-R. Although it works fine on the second burn attempt, I'm kind of tired or creating one coaster for every good burn. Any ideas????

I am using Clone DVD and AnyDVD. My new Lite-on burner, LH-16W1P, encounters a write error when it reaches 47% burn completion. When I insert another disk, it then goes through the burn without issue. I am Verbatim disks, burning at 12x to DVD-R. Although it works fine on the second burn attempt, I'm kind of tired or creating one coaster for every good burn. Any ideas????

Some problems of this sort on other threads have been resolved by firmware updates or removing conflicting packet writing software.

The newest firmware for that drive is SL05 and can be found here: http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/8967/

You haven't said if you're running XP or Vista, but if you have XP:
Or for XP users only,
Click Start, Run
type regedit
Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current Control Set\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

We want what's listed in "LowerFilters" and "UpperFilters". List your Lowerfilters and Upperfilters in your next post.

That is a bit strange but AnyDVD has had some issues with newer Lite-On drives. I would try another burning software to see if the issues remain.

Some problems of this sort on other threads have been resolved by firmware updates or removing conflicting packet writing software.

The newest firmware for that drive is SL05 and can be found here: http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/8967/

You haven't said if you're running XP or Vista, but if you have XP:
Or for XP users only,
Click Start, Run
type regedit
Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current Control Set\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

We want what's listed in "LowerFilters" and "UpperFilters". List your Lowerfilters and Upperfilters in your next post.
Thanks so much for your suggestions...Updated the firmware and the problem seems to have vanished. Thanks again to all of you.

Back