Lite-On 16W1p

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by capecrusader, Apr 29, 2007.

1. capecrusader

capecrusader New Member

I am using Clone DVD and AnyDVD. My new Lite-on burner, LH-16W1P, encounters a write error when it reaches 47% burn completion. When I insert another disk, it then goes through the burn without issue. I am Verbatim disks, burning at 12x to DVD-R. Although it works fine on the second burn attempt, I'm kind of tired or creating one coaster for every good burn. Any ideas????

2. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

Some problems of this sort on other threads have been resolved by firmware updates or removing conflicting packet writing software.

The newest firmware for that drive is SL05 and can be found here: http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/8967/

You haven't said if you're running XP or Vista, but if you have XP:
    Or for XP users only,
    Click Start, Run
    type regedit
    Go to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current Control Set\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

We want what's listed in "LowerFilters" and "UpperFilters". List your Lowerfilters and Upperfilters in your next post.

3. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

That is a bit strange but AnyDVD has had some issues with newer Lite-On drives. I would try another burning software to see if the issues remain.

4. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Do what mmdavis said, especially steps 3 and 4 from here

Also ensure you're not running other programs in the background (email, web browser) while burning.

5. capecrusader

capecrusader New Member

Thanks so much for your suggestions...Updated the firmware and the problem seems to have vanished. Thanks again to all of you.