• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

List of UHDs currently UN-supported in AnyDVD

Hi, @testiles
I got my DTS demo disc from ebay.

That's good advice to scan an original unsupported disc to check if RedFox has added support for that disc since it came up as "unsupported". I pop all my unsupported discs into my system every morning, and post here when they become supported.

Someone unfamiliar with how AnyDVD works might not understand or even want to know the details of the relationship between AnyDVD, the parser, logfiles and the OPD.

A clear set of instructions for how to determine if a disc isn't supported, and how to periodically check if the disc has become supported, is useful and welcome.

Cheers,

--michael

Doctor Sleep (released today) not even being read by my disc drive. I'll see what I can do to get an OPD number.

Here we go:
Doctor Sleep (US - Best Buy)
DOCTOR SLEEP -- OPD: BD_6ed74be3fc52 not supported!

Last edited:
I got my DTS demo disc from ebay.

Hi Michael.

Oh, ok.

Darn.

I pop all my unsupported discs into my system every morning, and post here when they become supported.

That's a good practice.

I'm not as diligent and usually check my unsupported discs every two to three days, but yeah daily is better.

A clear set of instructions for how to determine if a disc isn't supported, and how to periodically check if the disc has become supported, is useful and welcome.

Well, you know a disc isn't supported if you get the Unsupported message, which is already explained in post #1.

Checking to see when it is supported, means putting in the disc or a protected .iso of the disc again and that's kind of a no-brainer.

But where it got a little obscure was the new ability of the Parser to indicate "support status".

All the Parser does is read and report on the information in the logfile, so that's the support status according to that logfile -- not necessarily the current status.

So, I thought about adding some information on that ability of the new Parser in post #1 but felt that since there is already so much in that post, adding more in it would actually be less helpful -- it would be less likely anyone unfamiliar would read all of it...

What's your thoughts on that?

Doctor Sleep (released today) not even being read by my disc drive. I'll see what I can do to get an OPD number.

Here we go:
Doctor Sleep (US - Best Buy)

Got it!

T

So, I thought about adding some information on that ability of the new Parser in post #1 but felt that since there is already so much in that post, adding more in it would actually be less helpful -- it would be less likely anyone unfamiliar would read all of it...

What's your thoughts on that?

I think you're right about that. This thread is grown up to very huge one. Even though the important informations are on page 1.
If you come here as newbie in UHD, you'll never get through this.

A few questions referringto the Praser : What you wrote about the Praser sounds as if Praser has connection to the online data base? If I use an old logfile I'm told if it's supported now? Am I right with this?
Correct me please when I'm wrong.

Kufo

What you wrote about the Praser sounds as if Praser has connection to the online data base?

Hi kufo.

No I'm saying just the opposite!!

The Parser had NO connection to the OPD at all. That's why it knows nothing about a title's current status.

It only reads what's in the logfile you point it to. That's it.

If I use an old logfile I'm told if it's supported now?

It definitely WILL NOT be able to tell you that.

It will just read that old logfile and tell you what it says the support status was as of the day you made the logfile.

So, for example, if you made a logfile for Black Panther when it first came out May 2018 and run the Parser on the same logfile now, it will report it "unsupported".

Because that's what it was when you made the logfile. It can't look at the OPD to see that title is supported (and has been for quite some time).

If you make a new logfile for Black Panther then run the Parser, now it will say it's supported ('cause that's what your new logfile says).

Again, this is a mistake I initially made with the new Parser, so that's why I'm emphasizing this.

T

Last edited:
Ah, thanks for the clarification. I really miss understood that.

Anyway - Nice thought if this ability could be released in the future.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I really miss understood that.

Anyway - Nice thought if this ability could be released in the future.

Would be a great feature for the Parser.

However, no one but RedFox has direct access to the OPD like that. The Parser was written by SamuriHL, who's currently just an AnyDVD user like you or me.

Best we can do to "access the OPD" is mount the disc/.iso and see what AnyDVD reports.

T

Last edited:
Yea, it's not getting access to the OPD. LOL I added that information simply because people were posting stuff that was clearly supported when they created the log. This will avoid that kind of stuff from happening.

Amazon Canada Doctor Sleep is the same as the previously reported US version:

Amazon Canada Doctor Sleep is the same as the previously reported US version:

Happens a lot.

I think I mentioned before that your Amazon Canadian unsupported titles are usually the same OPD as mine (from Amazon US).

T

After some lengthy discussion with @testiles I've made some changes to how the parser works. This is how it's going to work going forward. Post 2 of this thread has been massively overhauled so please read it and get the latest parser. This will help testiles support this thread. The upshot is this:

o) We no longer print out supported or unsupported in the OPD entry. BUT:
o) If a title is detected as supported when the log is scanned, it is *NOT* copied to the clipboard. Because, you know, it's SUPPORTED. LOL
o) Unsupported discs and errors ARE copied to the clipboard so people can post them here.

This should let testiles sleep at night. LOL

o) We no longer print out supported or unsupported in the OPD entry. BUT:
o) If a title is detected as supported when the log is scanned, it is *NOT* copied to the clipboard. Because, you know, it's SUPPORTED. LOL
o) Unsupported discs and errors ARE copied to the clipboard so people can post them here.

This is great.

I think it will remove some of the confusion that started when the Parser provided support status.

This should let testiles sleep at night. LOL

LOL.

Dunno about that, but it will certainly make my day easier :=).

Everyone PLEASE make sure to get the latest version of the Parser that SamuriHL just posted.

Thanks!

T

Last edited:
YAY I got the info.

TERMINATOR_DARK_FATE -- OPD: BD_5a357b314100

Ho would I know it is supported?

You will need to scan it with AnyDVD periodically (once a day, every few days, whatever) and check the AnyDVD Status window. If it says AACS removed, then it's supported. If it shows you an error, then it's not.

YAY I got the info.

TERMINATOR_DARK_FATE -- OPD: BD_5a357b314100

Glad you got the OPD Id, hdtvjeff.

But it's always a good idea to check the list and see if your title is already on it.

This Terminator Dark Fate version is listed on line 27 of the list (seen in post #1).

I'll notate that it's still unsupported as of today.

T

The slave driver @testiles wanted yet another change. :p BAHAHAHA So get the latest parser in post 2. And if you don't get the latest, I will know. :D

The slave driver @testiles wanted yet another change. :p BAHAHAHA So get the latest parser in post 2. And if you don't get the latest, I will know. :D

LOL!

Ok, I'm not taking the rap for this one.

I don't even know what this new Parser does ....

... but about to find out :)

T

I've made your life a lot better, sir. Once everyone is on the new version, your job will be a lot easier.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back