• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

List of UHDs currently UN-supported in AnyDVD

Last time I posted, the OPDs were different. I scanned the physical disks last time, this time I created disk images to save some time. Is it normal that the OPDs have changed? Or did I make a n00b mistake?
Absolutely not. If this happens, your images are probably useless. Power cycle your computer (turn it OFF and ON). Do NOT start MakeMKV. Now scan the original disc / create a protected image.

I'm glad James was able to help you with this, El.

As he says, that's not a normal situation.

OPD Id's uniquely identify a version of a particular title. That's why we use them here to track titles.

It's like a fingerprint and should never change for a disc or .iso.

And should be the same for an .iso and the disc it was created from.

But when makeMKV has been active, it can "smudge" that fingerprint, so to speak.

AnyDVD OPD Id creation + makeMKV residue = CHAOS !!!

To avoid that, make sure to clear any makeMKV artifacts before using the Scanner (which generates OPD's through AnyDVD).

Normally, just opening and closing the tray of a drive would clear any traces of makeMKV, but some people recycle the disc drive just to make sure.

I guess since you're using .iso's in your second submission, James is recommending you re-boot the entire computer.

So, to my thinking, we can't be sure which OPD created is the correct one, the one for the disc or the one for the .iso. Or neither.

Maybe this is a good check:

1) Re-boot your computer and all external disc drives in order to create a "clean" environment.

2) Do NOT run makeMKV.

-- Of course, this means don't kick off the app explicitly.

-- But also check that you haven't added a task to your boot-up that will run makeMKV.

-- Or that you don't play a title in something like VLC or JRiver that is set to automatically kick-off makeMKV for decryption (you would have had to set that up in makeMKV integration settings).

3) Mount the disc for one of your LOTR or Hobbit titles.

-- Also mount the .iso of the same title. (I'm assuming these are protected .iso's. If unprotected, they will never work for an unsupported title, so don't bother).

4) Run the Scanner.

-- This run should generate the correct OPD for the title.

Is the OPD generated for the disc the same as generated before? Or different?

If different, we'll have to change the record for your titles as they currently have the wrong OPD indicated.

Is the .iso's OPD now generated the same as for the disc or different?

If different, it means there's something wrong with the .iso -- because protected .iso's and the disc they're created from should always generate the same OPD. You'll have to recreate the .iso's.

Let me know your results...

In the mean time, here is an update using the physical disks.

I'll hold off on this until you check as indicated above.

Code:
LABEL:    THE_SUICIDE_SQUAD
OPD:    BD_98664e66cb22
-----

Thanks, jkiku101, will remove next refresh.

I received my US copy yesterday and just checked again, but it's a different OPD which is supported.

Darn! Would have been cool if it was the same one!

Alright, this title looks like it's headed for roll-off...

T

Last edited:
I have an update.

Max Max 2 Road Warrior is now supported...

One down, one more Mad Max to go. :=)

Code:
LABEL:    MAD_MAX_2_THE_ROAD_WARRIOR
OPD:    BD_df189e7e7885
-----
LABEL:    MAD_MAX_BEYOND_THUNDERDOME
OPD:    BD_ac848924a76c
-----
[VERSION]
[/VERSION]
[REPORT]
8o/g2VNmMBcu5u2SfJVLzbS/2sPeGUOmYq8WnecEMDrWNSWIIx5f5K7Ha0ziHxcz1/mu2sIy7nUGI4/2fnBt64APR7blV4T5mnE/Vhe3b5Xlt1BFAZkPJ7ywZ/CO8GXqmkwSgP3x2K4ufKZ/+pRaK5FRibb42ulWOLLvQ2YKJzFnhWN0qNR9cTnWIxVMXi9bAdU77SmlUEgO2j9f+320Z/dEnJOa7SqCYCLJ4R6wWKs9U3MhyGsXwjfV7yQ4A8n8oTc7KA2L+HqMCjXIhrqWLp7fWX1uuNw3d5KDBt2QyH/yBc7TaEYmMWyO8UrKMol7l2EGr1EGGFdMKP7N7hhFZ/9g06PQ6UhyH7pTVP1WLGajKT/uIOjV42cGYqaz+F3CT0GKJ5gVM80WqCgNWIJuIr7emF9lwMaCiyo/0IQgJUwZmRebGs49h9x6w0HzgQZsGkUNbtweAqsYO7BUaWzBGWV1J/yjWQk53TufJrmUyHDlsblWguSVNz9/87EfJP5r
[/REPORT]
-----

T

I'll be another alternate for this title:
Code:
LABEL:    UNCUT_GEMS
OPD:    BD_610b784e42cb
-----
[VERSION]
[/VERSION]
[REPORT]
S7SdND4lLjakIe+nv8tWp+ogYkvedIQnWVf1e9JU+mvU2/OlKH24qGmbRbQtDzY+p1c/h34QtxeFwg2RwV4xHpBsygoiZbwdv+nRq0KJCDD2/lvZlybDwVS53yWC5aw5ZEWI7i9CL6lBxbDRTA6qdGvnKpZJBBSb0OUQ3lkmLvvCQ03NWuWT+Zxjozb78B2WA0Oq8ri/15c+h8m/sz1ZSgECXqK29jz5PffUlX9LlXjPJAtD4Txy0LsDCVuxkbuReEo661mAnpzIDl+6+FKde9AZ9vxwTpwt5EOg15WAbTs=
[/REPORT]
-----

I'll be another alternate for this title:
Code:
LABEL:    UNCUT_GEMS
OPD:    BD_610b784e42cb
-----

Done!

You're the only alternate for that one so far, unless I missed something. :=)

Thanks, Michael.

T

I'm glad James was able to help you with this, El.

As he says, that's not a normal situation.

OPD Id's uniquely identify a version of a particular title. That's why we use them here to track titles.

It's like a fingerprint and should never change for a disc or .iso.

And should be the same for an .iso and the disc it was created from.

But when makeMKV has been active, it can "smudge" that fingerprint, so to speak.

AnyDVD OPD Id creation + makeMKV residue = CHAOS !!!

To avoid that, make sure to clear any makeMKV artifacts before using the Scanner (which generates OPD's through AnyDVD).

Normally, just opening and closing the tray of a drive would clear any traces of makeMKV, but some people recycle the disc drive just to make sure.

I guess since you're using .iso's in your second submission, James is recommending you re-boot the entire computer.

So, to my thinking, we can't be sure which OPD created is the correct one, the one for the disc or the one for the .iso. Or neither.

Maybe this is a good check:

1) Re-boot your computer and all external disc drives in order to create a "clean" environment.

2) Do NOT run makeMKV.

-- Of course, this means don't kick off the app explicitly.

-- But also check that you haven't added a task to your boot-up that will run makeMKV.

-- Or that you don't play a title in something like VLC or JRiver that is set to automatically kick-off makeMKV for decryption (you would have had to set that up in makeMKV integration settings).

3) Mount the disc for one of your LOTR or Hobbit titles.

-- Also mount the .iso of the same title. (I'm assuming these are protected .iso's. If unprotected, they will never work for an unsupported title, so don't bother).

4) Run the Scanner.

-- This run should generate the correct OPD for the title.

Is the OPD generated for the disc the same as generated before? Or different?

If different, we'll have to change the record for your titles as they currently have the wrong OPD indicated.

Is the .iso's OPD now generated the same as for the disc or different?

If different, it means there's something wrong with the .iso -- because protected .iso's and the disc they're created from should always generate the same OPD. You'll have to recreate the .iso's.

Let me know your results...

I do not have makeMKV installed (never had tbh), so that cannot be the issue.

I have figured out the actual issue though: I was using imgburn to create the .ISOs, imgburn must have changed the OPD somehow.
After rebooting, I have re-ripped two of the discs with the AnyDVD HD (with the Keep Protection feature enabled) and they both have the same OPD as when I used the physical disks, so I am pretty sure we are safe with my physical disk entries (the one with the ISOs is garbage).

I have figured out the actual issue though: I was using imgburn to create the .ISOs,

Let me just stop you right there. YOU CAN NOT use imgburn by itself to create a protected ISO. It will indeed create complete unreadable garbage. The reason for this is bus encryption. When AACS protected data is detected by the drive, it'll bus encrypt it as it sends it to the host (i.e. your PC). If it's not decrypted at the time of encryption, the bus decryption key is lost forever and the data is completely useless. ImgBurn didn't change the OPD, your process did. :) Because ImgBurn has no capability for decrypting the data. This is why the AnyDVD keep protection option is necessary. It'll bus decrypt the data as it's read.

Ha.

makeMKV is such a common tool, forgot to even ask if you had it! LOL!

My bad.

I have figured out the actual issue though: I was using imgburn to create the .ISOs

Excellent that you figured it out.

Yes, ImgBurn used in this way can only produce unprotected .iso's, which don't work unless the source disc is supported (and decrypted) by AnyDVD.

So, yeah, those .iso's are bogus.

You need to create protected .iso's with AnyDVD Rip-to-Image, which I see you already did...

I have re-ripped two of the discs with the AnyDVD HD (with the Keep Protection feature enabled) and they both have the same OPD as when I used the physical disks, so I am pretty sure we are safe with my physical disk entries (the one with the ISOs is garbage

Yup, AnyDVD Rip-to-Image with Keep Protection checked yielded a proper protected .iso.

Good to know the original OPD's recorded are indeed the correct ones!

Thanks for the feedback. Well, at least I will not be making that mistake again. :)

In the mean time, here is an update using the physical disks.

Code:
LABEL:   THE HOBBIT AUJ THE
OPD:   BD_28a34a9fbd0e
-----
LABEL:   THE HOBBIT AUJ EXT
OPD:   BD_0471dcd9faf4
-----
LABEL:   THE_HOBBIT_DOS_EXT
OPD:   BD_6576710d9ec5
-----
LABEL:   THE HOBBIT BOTFA THE
OPD:   BD_639cbc5279a9
-----
LABEL:   LOTR_FELLOWSHIP_OF_THE_RING
OPD:   BD_d50f34179267
-----
LABEL:   LOTR_FELLOWSHIP_OF_THE_RING_P1
OPD:   BD_c66d90f1c16b
-----
LABEL:   LOTR_THE_TWO_TOWERS_PT1
OPD:   BD_c0cf2bfc3ea9
-----
LABEL:   LOTR_THE_TWO_TOWERS_PT2
OPD:   BD_a6327b41eaf4
-----
LABEL:   LOTR_THE_RETURN_OF_THE_KING
OPD:   BD_465dad8c32ee
-----
LABEL:   LOTR_THE_RETURN_OF_THE_KING_P1
OPD:   BD_ebbd212c403a
-----
LABEL:   LOTR_THE_RETURN_OF_THE_KING_P2
OPD:   BD_02db402a5560
-----

Updates applied.

Fellowship of the Ring Part 1 will be removed when the List is updated.

Thanks!

T

Let me just stop you right there. YOU CAN NOT use imgburn by itself to create a protected ISO. It will indeed create complete unreadable garbage. The reason for this is bus encryption. When AACS protected data is detected by the drive, it'll bus encrypt it as it sends it to the host (i.e. your PC). If it's not decrypted at the time of encryption, the bus decryption key is lost forever and the data is completely useless. ImgBurn didn't change the OPD, your process did. :) Because ImgBurn has no capability for decrypting the data. This is why the AnyDVD keep protection option is necessary. It'll bus decrypt the data as it's read.

Thanks for the background info, I always like to know the details of why things (do not) work.

Ha.

makeMKV is such a common tool, forgot to even ask if you had it! LOL!

My bad.

No worries (y).

Thanks for the background info, I always like to know the details of why things (do not) work.

Yea no problem. A few of us started creating protected blu-ray ISOs way back in the beginning using a PS3. I learned the process from others and found it to be awesome. James decided that was a sweet idea and added the keep protection option in the AnyDVD ripper. Back then we didn't have to worry about bus encryption. Bus encryption was later added to the blu-ray standard (one of the reasons many of us despised blu-ray over hd-dvd...the "standard" kept changing over time) but not required on all discs. UHD made bus encryption mandatory and created a newer, more secure, version of it. So-called UHD friendly drives are standard blu-ray drives that can read UHD discs and use the older bus encryption. That's how AnyDVD is able to create a protected ISO from a UHD it can't decrypt yet. Fun stuff. :)

Yea no problem. A few of us started creating protected blu-ray ISOs way back in the beginning using a PS3. I learned the process from others and found it to be awesome. James decided that was a sweet idea and added the keep protection option in the AnyDVD ripper. Back then we didn't have to worry about bus encryption. Bus encryption was later added to the blu-ray standard (one of the reasons many of us despised blu-ray over hd-dvd...the "standard" kept changing over time) but not required on all discs. UHD made bus encryption mandatory and created a newer, more secure, version of it. So-called UHD friendly drives are standard blu-ray drives that can read UHD discs and use the older bus encryption. That's how AnyDVD is able to create a protected ISO from a UHD it can't decrypt yet. Fun stuff. :)
Looking back at the Blu-ray vs. HD-DVD war, I only wished that HD-DVD had won.

I'll bet now that Sony, if they could go back in time, would now not waste all that money they spent to cajole and bribe the major movie/tv studios (Warner Brothers, Universal, Paramount, Disney, etc.) to support Blu-ray, now that most people now digitally download their movies and tv shows, etc., and just about don't even use Blu-ray players/rippers, or even have a Blu-ray player/ripper anymore.

:ROFLMAO:

Now, back to the regular UHD thread, since I was way off-topic here.

:whistle:

Yea no problem. A few of us started creating protected blu-ray ISOs way back in the beginning using a PS3. ... That's how AnyDVD is able to create a protected ISO from a UHD it can't decrypt yet. Fun stuff. :)

Good to hear that bit of AnyDVD history - which probably pre-dates a lot of us here now. (y)

Looking back at the Blu-ray vs. HD-DVD war, I only wished that HD-DVD had won.

HD-DVD was my preference as well.

If it had won, I wonder if we would have UHD-DVD's now. ;)

The List is re-posted.

The Unknown Status title rolls off the List end-of-day Monday, 11/29 if it receives no further updates.

T

The industry is still at it. Dolby vision vs hdr10+ ring any bells? It's always about the money.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

New title:

Code:
Title:    Space Jam: A New Legacy
CoR:    NLD Netherlands
LABEL:    SPACE_JAM_A_NEW_LEGACY
OPD:    BD_c118149db6d3
-----
[VERSION]
[/VERSION]
[REPORT]
UIcR+G60tccqJSczkAG3tj7o15Nu3f8jyo/KsgujoHwb0f0emjxF+tiIeeaerf/S3ben3l8unldeX7s/W+4KAZFO66VT2hLHYoGbFkCmYV0XuaThuBTNzIYoKSx6IQowjqdn7O6Q5lfcq9NyohDai0WBM85AxilqFOpNdjTGBxLWX8uvqlCWYwwhpWr3aMtVuHDDRhmDxINdb2OLm5rC/dufshJKWNuS/u7O6W+RwOULAUbhgflVeM788ssxRVGFmW685YrH5ljwqKReWh8MJIQ6HgoCAbO/ntS8cOqJGx10P7JHvtraI9+ZeJUMGC7NXrKT9mWTGoUZgtG2S6penn9oUsqwHqg9GZ6AKsnx37g=
[/REPORT]
-----

Code:
LABEL:    FIRSTPURGE_UPK2
OPD:    BD_da264be12ea7
-----
LABEL:    UHD_CASHTRUCK
OPD:    BD_8290a26216a5
-----
LABEL:    UHD_EXPENDABLES
OPD:    BD_39475fcabb6d
-----
LABEL:    GODS_EGYPT
OPD:    BD_84e2c94b8d4f
-----
LABEL:    KILLERS BODYGUARD
OPD:    BD_8c01d37dc9dc
-----
LABEL:    UHD_PROTEGE
OPD:    BD_4a25c4250c09
-----
[VERSION]
[/VERSION]
[REPORT]
AuQrplNuGUyJ/sN5R3OqDx1olccEB2Y4dIKTDfaRCdxkAh0K9kYv6hnK0qWLjWPtRGg19OZP6mHkKdhR81uHkGuRlC+7ZFJXgkcCn99R+VsyZO5WkaXHlAUCOEzocMhY4mcrx+8p3xyw8ia/vM1S8jiEYlOi+ROXjlMlwyFB7wDEX+9kHoo7nhW5fcc5+9XDC172RJNivyvgtt2SeT/nRA0JaJVSp8DBK10AeksTYBZh/SIJzv1lytl3zfgk4XzF+NS0B1xiu19vP/96j0g4x0lCzatlDbBt55M2idcgwAaPkWFb5uTJ/+Xsgy2uECUDE6KZU6LYS2T0H3p8bHzp75sAiYGknX49ruITzhqCmQpzzFq6AhGp8tiuuZlTfn9D5KQ9XjXmKuMESDnWjYvtlaR0D4HEJd8+Dqr4iK4oUK/tANA6/1ia4vyrj1vpBBilOlCoWWJpucKm1hDCTDLRiNZfcQ8qfOjR9/3KbV3G94CcMfLIvShPTSkCd0vPNT11iP0OT2vQtjxHGQ+MHZiKZl07gBk83YH+Z7mQpG4uKMrjGJkYxs/1UCBtwRL1MREV9w6D/YYStFM+nNyIHkLM511Qt02q6zR2Bv4dqD3oWsTD4RwTmsiBrZtYqQi0qCsoYGCzu4hAVe1UKBCPGZHoxf+rHnmQsDOeo4pvh+XFf+XhdY8eFwyGZfoTPue8SEwgr14VtxtQwl9EmNDKQcnhInfxsuWKjdeNikkg+Rp+4DFf0o6UX1Z5gUjK5Pi0Xxbt6YRU+scXnlqN/Ovd0HAs8bx5Gb7Z6pEIpe1eegnKi2QRI552b61xBoHLmEw8Cg2HAwoCwxVEVSzskkT+8S9gn1itH3Q2nuKklvXdeCPbr8NdbaoXgMhj51rqViCDvhUQB2SYqEYWaQHvfaiTMgaB0nDa6ZNeSogTaQU5AgDLMZuLDRXdmLUgBQUwayA4qpONCAxzxpxPKcC6NH9hPfM8FC5idi28WpxzeFuNS0bF/M9h0uw8R5lSeZm7d5QkGA/DQo8GMRwQDVSYvwMk6oAQzTvTW18vmzVznWqoDWFr+Gr4BvedcGk12icaklY51e85Yh90nLX2AvChaS6xv861BwuCacBoilzGRoD1BkbMF7JVCtxpstiTc/VBZ6LntUoy
[/REPORT]
-----

New title:

Code:
Title:    Space Jam: A New Legacy
CoR:    NLD Netherlands
LABEL:    SPACE_JAM_A_NEW_LEGACY
OPD:    BD_c118149db6d3
-----

Added.

Code:
LABEL:    FIRSTPURGE_UPK2
OPD:    BD_da264be12ea7
-----
LABEL:    UHD_CASHTRUCK
OPD:    BD_8290a26216a5
-----
LABEL:    UHD_EXPENDABLES
OPD:    BD_39475fcabb6d
-----
LABEL:    GODS_EGYPT
OPD:    BD_84e2c94b8d4f
-----
LABEL:    KILLERS BODYGUARD
OPD:    BD_8c01d37dc9dc
-----
LABEL:    UHD_PROTEGE
OPD:    BD_4a25c4250c09
-----

Wrath of Man (aka "Cash Truck"), The Expendables, and The Protege all removed, and the other updates applied.

Thanks, Steven!

T

Pretty much. The situation doesn't appear to be improving with the companies entrenched in the standards they back. No Dolby vision with Samsung. No hdr10+ with LG. Etc. Next up will be audio wars again. In the streaming world. Imax enhanced vs atmos. It's ridiculous really.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Small update for Jojo.
Code:
LABEL:    JOJO_RABBIT
OPD:    BD_a04c97edc2e4
-----
[VERSION]
[/VERSION]
[REPORT]
HjAf5AnXe/W6IdY30nPP6rvwoHXehzCKoHWQNl8fd56b2RjozmTRCkb0N+APBHCfLmRMPrG32521XCEP27pRDds08FCgWT5GikwAWWaaWZMmdrHhVlXRD2D6yrt6nCgKdOJHHMvrXQvT6cP4YIVl7AnyL1j/5LEhYuNjCMteiGECQYLHf+xQDpwQmBI/KdpDfPfdccBV64xxZPPPsJmC7wtZATv+qRWn4u4v4W2ttAOY73/mI1hUGxKTZFhAD2GnmMdXhZDBwjYW93ki5UE08x8r9RTpg7M55FtJS1W3MVY=
[/REPORT]
-----

Back