• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

List of UHDs currently UN-supported in AnyDVD

I actually have a working theory after looking at the logs. @kitaT I need you to be very precise on the answer to this question. Did you read the disc with MakeMKV before generating either of these logs _without ejecting it after reading with MakeMKV_?

Yes. I was running Makemkv before logging with AnyDVD.
OPD became "BD_035ab2606cf9" when I took a log after executing Makemkv again in 8.4.8.3.

When Create Logfile with AnyDVD, avoid after running Makemkv.

Thanks SamuriHL.

Yes. I was running Makemkv before logging with AnyDVD.
OPD became "BD_035ab2606cf9" when I took a log after executing Makemkv again in 8.4.8.3.

When Create Logfile with AnyDVD, avoid after running Makemkv.

Thanks SamuriHL.

Thanks for confirming. I was 99.99999% sure I was correct on this one. :)

Alright, I will post the technical details of what's going on. This is rather ugly and I'm surprised we've not hit this issue previously. (Maybe we have and just didn't know it...bear with me to see what I mean).

Problem statement:

With AnyDVD disabled, if you open a disc with MakeMKV and scan it so that LibreDrive is enabled, then enable AnyDVD without ejecting said disc, you have caused a very NASTY problem that can't be solved.

Moral of story:

Don't DO THAT! Don't mix and match MakeMKV and AnyDVD. @testiles, we need a warning in your first post about this ASAP.

Ok, so this only seems to be an issue if the disc is first mounted with AnyDVD disabled and makeMKV enabled.

Let me make sure I'm right about this --- if AnyDVD is on throughout the process - before mount, during, after - doesn't matter what makeMKV and LibreDrive are doing.

Is that correct?

Seems to be in my quick test...

T

Ok, so this only seems to be an issue if the disc is first mounted with AnyDVD disabled and makeMKV enabled.

Let me make sure I'm right about this --- if AnyDVD is on throughout the process - before mount, during, after - doesn't matter what makeMKV and LibreDrive are doing.

Is that correct?

Seems to be in my quick test...

T

No that is not correct. That's only correct if AnyDVD has support for a disc. If a disc is unsupported, which is the use case for posting an OPD ID, disabling AnyDVD or not is irrelevant. MakeMKV will enable LibreDrive with or without AnyDVD enabled in that case and the OPD ID will be wrong. If AnyDVD is enabled on a supported disc, then MakeMKV will see it as non-encrypted and won't bother with LibreDrive (I think....didn't test it).

If AnyDVD is enabled on a supported disc, then MakeMKV will see it as non-encrypted and won't bother with LibreDrive (I think....didn't test it).

It does enable LibreDrive but it's after AnyDVD has already "handled" the disc.

So AnyDVD reports the correct status.

Which is what I saw in my test as I used a supported UHD.

So, bottom-line, if you put in an unsupported title, while makeMKV is active, makeMKV will enable LIbreDrive and AnyDVD reports an incorrect OPD Id.

Is that now correct?

T

It does enable LibreDrive but it's after AnyDVD has already "handled" the disc.

So AnyDVD reports the correct status.

Which is what I saw in my test as I used a supported UHD.

Ohhhhh boy. I'd want to do some more testing on that. I think it's "probably" ok but we can test that theory by creating a log before and after enabling LibreDrive with AnyDVD enabled to know for sure. I suspect you're correct but we want to know for sure.

So, bottom-line, if you put in an unsupported title, while makeMKV is active, makeMKV will enable LIbreDrive and AnyDVD reports an incorrect OPD Id.

Is that now correct?

T

Right so, you put in an unsupported disc, AnyDVD scans it and says "sorry pal, unsupported, go away", you run MakeMKV and enable LibreDrive, and then "oops, forgot to create a log"....that scenario no workie. That's correct. Make the logs BEFORE you play with MakeMKV and you're always golden.

I'd want to do some more testing on that... I suspect you're correct but we want to know for sure.

Good idea.

I just did a quick test on a single supported UHD, so yeah, definitely...

Right so, you put in an unsupported disc, AnyDVD scans it and says "sorry pal, unsupported, go away", you run MakeMKV and enable LibreDrive, and then "oops, forgot to create a log"....that scenario no workie.

Not a good scenario then, at all.

So the best plan is to make sure makeMKV has not touched the unsupported UHD before making the AnyDVD logfile.

I wonder if we've gotten invalid OPD Id's in the past - but didn't know it - LOL.

testiles, Please delete this OPD as it was obtained by mistake.

No, I'll just change your OPD Id to the correct one.

@dickydicky , now we know your disc is the same as kitaT's, so you're covered.

Keep busting, guys!

:thankyou::coolman:

Thanks, Aeneas!

T

I wonder if we've gotten invalid OPD Id's in the past - but didn't know it - LOL.

T

Yea, I'm quite sure it's happened before. Could even be some of those unsupported discs that end up falling off the list and never get keys. Cause, they can't.

Yea, I'm quite sure it's happened before. Could even be some of those unsupported discs that end up falling off the list and never get keys. Cause, they can't.

Well, the only reason they would fall off the List is if the poster "gave up hope" and stopped providing support updates.

I think this adds another thing to test for those titles that have been on the List for months now...

T

Well, the only reason they would fall off the List is if the poster "gave up hope" and stopped providing support updates.

I think this adds another thing to test for those titles that have been on the List for months now...

T

Yea I tend to agree. But if they had an incorrect OPD ID, they'd *NEVER* get a valid key for it and so no one could blame them for giving up hope. :) But yes, something to be aware of. Take MakeMKV out of the equation when creating logs.

But if they had an incorrect OPD ID, they'd *NEVER* get a valid key for it and so no one could blame them for giving up hope.

Hey, I always believe in keeping hope alive.

For all who waited it out, we may now have the solution for them :D

You know, if they use the Parser to get updates each check-in OR have been checking using an .iso, this will not have been a problem.

With the Parser because surely at some point over time, they used the Parser on the disc when makeMKV was not involved.

SamuriHL, I was going to make a note about this in Post #1, but I think the appropriate place in in your Post #2 under Instructions for using the Parser...

T

Yeah fine updated. Hopefully people actually read it. Lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Done.

@SamuriHL , maybe putting the info here would make it more noticeable ????? ===>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instructions for use:

o) Insert a UHD disc into a UHD friendly drive [OR mount a PROTECTED ISO]

(If a disc, make sure makeMKV has not been used on the disc.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

... or something like that?

That way they see that straightaway.

Just a thought.

T

Meh. They should be reading the whole post. If they can't be bothered to read a section called warning, well, such is life.

Meh. They should be reading the whole post. If they can't be bothered to read a section called warning, well, such is life.

I agree.

But there are those that read a line or two and get "bored" so jump right in and start using.

It always surprises me when I see someone get something new, completely bypass reading any instructions and then try to put the thing together and use it. Based on what knowledge I don't know.

I always figure the manufacturer or whatever knows best here so let me see what they have to say before I delve in.

Well, I guess variety makes the world go round - lol.

I wish there was a way to highlight things in color here - 'cause I'd sure make that warning bolded and in bright red - LOL!

T

I can confirm that my titles posted are not falsed by MakeMKV. When postig my unsupported ones, I all ways create a new log file in AnyDVD.
The warning only affects those who use MakeMKV. Many here have heard of it, but are not using it.
The warning should therefore be explicitly labeled as an interaction between AnyDVD and MakeMKV.

I can confirm that my titles posted are not falsed by MakeMKV.

Good to know!

... The warning should therefore be explicitly labeled as an interaction between AnyDVD and MakeMKV.

In both Posts #1 and 2, it specifically mentions the problem involves makeMKV, so I think we're covered.

Good news for Tom Cruise fans! Maybe Vin Diesel too...

The following UHD's now decrypt:

---- Top Gun -- OPD: BD_fba28385a18b

---- War of the Worlds (2005) -- OPD: BD_804d4d35e4e1

---- Days of Thunder -- OPD: BD_6d1b8d06e47d

---- Bloodshot -- OPD: BD_f7788e09e47f

I've been anxiously waiting for these!

Thanks so much developers!!! :dance:

T

Back