• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

List download

rossiplay

hi, is it possible to add the download list maintenance function when the application is closed to have it reopened once it is reopened? avoiding having to search again for the titles to be downloaded?

thanks you!

In other words, to save the queue when closing AS?
This has been mentioned already, but is not there yet.

Don't all providers have a personal favorites list?
There I save the movies / series that still need to be downloaded.

And if the download links changes on the provider side, then the saved queue is of no use.

And if the download links changes on the provider side, then the saved queue is of no use.
That is one of the concerns the devs seem to have, but as I mentioned in one of the comments I linked avove, you would still have the name of the movie or episode. So you have to re-add everything by yourself, but you don't have to note it somewhere.
And if you never added it to the favourites list because you just discovered it or downloaded only some selected episodes, then you might be unable to remember what exactly you selected.

So to save the queue itself might not be a thing, but to let AS save it in a .txt file that you can open in case it crashed would be doable.

I always do my search on the website, I mean I am paying for their services, why shouldn't I use them, when and if I ever run out of things to watch or there is something new, I always put it in my List, and then I open the program and it's staring me right in the face, I add what I want to the queue and leave it be. I take nap or work on the forum. To keep searching while downloading seems uncoordinated to me. But then again everyone has their own ways. I understand that.

A cooler feature and perhaps more useful would be if AS could import watch-lists automatically to Que, then we wouldn't have to worry about missing titles would we, that if something would be pretty slick

Yes, use providers watch-lists where possible, there's even several websites today that enables all providers into one interface, sites like "justwatch" mentioned here many times before even has apps to install, it has watch-list and looks good to

Having access to full website within AS GUI as an optional feature besides just thumbnails on some providers could also be helpful, this to easier manage watch-lists, rather than having to open third party apps all the time, I like thumbnails but not always, times when comes to manage watch-lists for instance, then thumbnails only can be very impractical

Nonetheless, whatever they do.. 40 titles a day which quota lets us isn't really a hardship for anyone .. I've been downloading pretty much daily past year or since purchase and has never really been an issue (unless AS crash that is).. today we see a lot less crashes, AS has matured a lot past year and will further do so, I'm sure

A cooler feature and perhaps more useful would be if AS could import watch-lists automatically to Que, then we wouldn't have to worry about missing titles would we, that if something would be pretty slick

Yes, use providers watch-lists where possible, there's even several websites today that enables all providers into one interface, sites like "justwatch" mentioned here many times before even has apps to install, it has watch-list and looks good to

Having access to full website within AS GUI as an optional feature besides just thumbnails on some providers could also be helpful, this to easier manage watch-lists, rather than having to open third party apps all the time, I like thumbnails but not always, times when comes to manage watch-lists for instance, then thumbnails only can be very impractical

Nonetheless, whatever they do.. 40 titles a day which quota lets us isn't really a hardship for anyone .. I've been downloading pretty much daily past year or since purchase and has never really been an issue (unless AS crash that is).. today we see a lot less crashes, AS has matured a lot past year and will further do so, I'm sure
I would like that also but I am afraid and I do not know this for a fact but what little I do know tells me its not happpening.

Saving the download list is something we'd like to add, but it is rather complex and error prone.

• when restarting, they need to be checked for existence - whether the providers have removed them in the meantime. And there is no default way of doing this, that needs to be implemented specifically for each provider.
  • It's possible that the previously selected resolution/audio codec has been removed or replaced
  • DRM issues can arise when there were DRM changes since last starting the application.
  • and some other things, that are too techy to list here
So, sure, it's something we'd like to add, but not immediately.

Saving the download list is something we'd like to add, but it is rather complex and error prone.

• when restarting, they need to be checked for existence - whether the providers have removed them in the meantime. And there is no default way of doing this, that needs to be implemented specifically for each provider.
  • It's possible that the previously selected resolution/audio codec has been removed or replaced
  • DRM issues can arise when there were DRM changes since last starting the application.
  • and some other things, that are too techy to list here
So, sure, it's something we'd like to add, but not immediately.
And what's about saving it to a .txt file, like I suggested two times already?
Nothing has to be checked when reopening AS, but the user can just open this file and has at least all titles of every movie or episode in the queue.
This should be a selectable thing, so only the people who need it can activate it. I wouldn't need it for example.

As I said, I pay for HBOs service, so I use it, I mark everything I want to watch, and when I open AS, it is right in front of me. I rarely use the search at all. Same with the other providers, I get a better choice and synopsis and then use AS to do what it does best. Sure I use the search feature if I am looking for something specific, but if I don't find I go to the provider's website and search anyway, so I just cut down one level. It's up to you, the customer to do what you like. The AS search works fine, but I get more information on the website.;)

These problems can also happened without reloading the list if you make a list for a few days. I was away from home a few days and I put a lot of titles in the queue.
(Unfortunately it doesn't download anything because AS crashed after a few titles and I lost all the queue, my internet connection crashed a few minutes during the download :LOL:)
I also downloaded a tv show with 4 seasons of 100 episodes (3 min each), I put it all in the row.

A solution could be to add an expiration date but how many days you consider that the title in the queue is obsolete ?

The option that can save the list is very useful when it crashes because I add each episode of TV show manually since it doesn't always download the forced subtitles when it's not on the first episode.

As I said, I pay for HBOs service, so I use it, I mark everything I want to watch, and when I open AS, it is right in front of me. I rarely use the search at all. Same with the other providers, I get a better choice and synopsis and then use AS to do what it does best. Sure I use the search feature if I am looking for something specific, but if I don't find I go to the provider's website and search anyway, so I just cut down one level. It's up to you, the customer to do what you like. The AS search works fine, but I get more information on the website.;)

Yeah..I also like their LEAVING SOON section...I always check it first to make sure I didn't miss a movie I wanted.

Yeah..I also like their LEAVING SOON section...I always check it first to make sure I didn't miss a movie I wanted.
I used that section in Anystream several months ago but some of the movies in there did not leave at the end of the month. I had to check the website to make sure it was leaving.

ok....i personally dont care if an error is thrown if an old link is no longer usable as long as it is listed for me to search for a new link.....that said, a queue history would be interesting, it could show all titles added to the queue, and the status if it was downloaded successfully, errored, or never downloaded at all. also a clear history button for privacy and good housekeeping. at least then you could see in one convenient spot the status of your queued titles even after a crash or closing rather than digging through your file directories to see what you have and if it was a good download etc.

I believe Pete already addressed this in his post above. Sometimes when you fix one thing it breaks another, so it's not an easy thing to code.

Back