• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

List/database of writers?

Wischmop

Hello!

Is there a list which actual or not so old DVD-writers are able to burn working backups of SD2.9 and below?

I remember that some older CD-writers with Mediatek-Chipsets can do that, but I dunno which actual DVD-writers can do that. AFAIK all newer DVD-writers from LG, LiteOn, Samsung still use Mediatek-Chipsets, but I don´t know if these chipsets can write weak sectors 1:1

Wrong section. Moved. The cloneCD section is reserved for cloneCD related issues. Drive questions are in a different section.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Not unless that 'sd2.9' is something cloneCD. Chipset questions and drive questions arent directly CCD issues.

SD2.9 = Safedisc 2.9. since SD2 the protection works with "weak sectors", SD2.0 - 2.4 could be backupped with CCD and CD-writers with Philips- and some "newer" Sanyo-chipsets. Safedisc V2.5 and higher were a bit harder and backups only worked with Mediatek-chipsets.

CCD offered the function "amplify weak sectors", but it not workedwith all writers.

My experiences were from long time ago, CCD 3.x-time, so I don´know the state of today.

Check cloneCD product details to see what's supported. Specific drives are not a CCD issue.

The Specs I found don´t answer my questions ;)

Amplifies weak sectors with selected CD writers

But which are the "selected"?

Selected as in drives that support stuff like that, maybe Google can assist

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Not really, that´s because I ask here ;)

Cdrinfo.com tested this often in the past:

http://cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=16341&PageId=4

http://cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=16050&PageId=4

Newest tests of DVD-writers were 2006, there are no tests with actual writers and the older versions of Safedisc

The Samsung was OK, works with SD3.1. I guess with SD4.6 all writers fail, dunno if the amplifying/emulating of weak sectors will help.
But it doesn´t matter, my newest games had SD2.9.

Such technical discussion and the answers you seek will likely get the best support and dedicated hardware / software help forums. That's a bit beyond these RedFox forums.

I think I know them all, but discussions for the combination of actual hardware with over 10 year old Games/Copy protections are not easy to find.

15 years ago i was eager to have capable hardware for burning weak sectors "good enough" to pass the check.
Today i'd be satisfied with mounting in a capable virtual drive.

Well, I don´t want to have all images on the HDD, takes much space. It´s a not so new PC, runs on WinXP because some of the games not works with Vista or newer

At our Netto-Discount I get a 50pcs-Cakebox of CD-R-media for 3,29€, so I bought one and made some tests :)

My first Tests with CCD-Standard-settings and different writers failed all, if I start the game there is an error-message with a file which belongs to the copy protection.

So I changed the settings and turn off the amplifying of weak sectors in the device-settings and ignore (instead of emulate) in the profile-setting

I used it with a Safedisc V2.4-game and it worked with an old CD-writer and an actual LiteOn iHAS 324 F. I don´t know about Pioneer, but the Liteon have an Mediatek-chipset, the same or similar chipsets are used by actual LG BD/DVD-writers and also Samsungs 24x-DVD-writers (Samsung stopped ODD last year, but some models still available).

If space matters, and if they're all SD 2.x simply create Mini Images with Alcohol 52%

Nope, there also SD1, different kinds of Securom, ProtectCD(VOB)

But it looks like with the right settings CCD and some of my actual writers works with my Games :)

Back