• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Linux AnyStream beta 1.6.9.1 - libldap_r-2.4.so.2

Manny_79

Good Day!
I'm on Arch Linux, using file AnyStream_1.6.9.1.tar.gz

AnyStream beta 1.6.9.1 is also giving me a missing dependency

Missing dependency:
./AnyStream: error while loading shared libraries: libldap_r-2.4.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

ldd AnyStream | grep -i "not found"
libldap_r-2.4.so.2 => not found

I have these libraries installed:
==============
multilib/lib32-libldap 2.6.6-1 (171.7 KiB 460.1 KiB) (Installed)
Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) client libraries (32-bit)
core/libldap 2.6.6-2 (280.4 KiB 674.2 KiB) (Installed)
Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) client libraries
==============

Thanks!

Same is happening on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS, but the .deb is also missing `libltdl7' as a dependency as well (had to manually install that)

Looks like the database dependencies added in 1.6.9.0 are now all bundled... and the bundled version of libpq.so.5 depends on libldap_r-2.4.so.2

on Gentoo, those libs seem to be available in the oldest available version of openldap (2.4.59-r2). Latest stable version does not seem to supply them... only libldap.so (no _r), and those do not appear to be sym-link-able (version `OPENLDAP_2.4_2' not found)

the distro-supplied libpq.so.5 from the postgresql package does not have such a dependency... @Pete I suspect you probably could have gotten away with bundling only the mysql lib (and its openssl1.1 dependencies), as the rest of the ones I mentioned in the other thread are installable from the gentoo repo (and probably most other distros)... I just didn't have them installed. They should still be declared as dependencies if you go that route.

A workaround for this in the meantime, if you can't find a compatible version of libldap_r-2.4...
Code:
rm /usr/lib/AnyStream/libpq.so.5
then make sure you have your system's postgres client library installed (libpq5 on debian/ubuntu, dev-db/postgresql on gentoo (USE=-server, if you don't need the server-side for something else) ... arch/fedora should have equivalent packages somewhere)

1.6.9.0 also does not work; it's linked against some version of mysql that isn't supported on 22.04

It's ALIVE !!!
AS-1.6.9.2 works !
1.6.9.2 fixed the dependency issues for me.
i am using xubuntu 22.04
both 1.6.9.0 & 1.6.9.1 would not launch.
1.6.9.2 all good now.
thank you AS dev team.
i am a long time user from early Slysoft days.
thank you, thank you, thank you.

On Arch with AnyStream_1.7.0.0.tar.gz and AnyStream_1.6.9.2.tar.gz

I now get missing library libsasl2.so.2:
./AnyStream: error while loading shared libraries: libsasl2.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I copied the library file from my Steam installed libraries into the Anystream folder to fix the issue.

sudo find / -mount -name libsasl2.so*
/home/manny/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsasl2.so.2

All working now!

Thanks for the good work and the quick fixes!

On Arch with AnyStream_1.7.0.0.tar.gz and AnyStream_1.6.9.2.tar.gz

I now get missing library libsasl2.so.2:
./AnyStream: error while loading shared libraries: libsasl2.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I copied the library file from my Steam installed libraries into the Anystream folder to fix the issue.

sudo find / -mount -name libsasl2.so*
/home/manny/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsasl2.so.2

All working now!

Thanks for the good work and the quick fixes!
There's gotta be a package for libsasl2 on arch... libsasl2-2 looks to be the package on debian/ubuntu

edit: gentoo, on the other hand, seems to install libsasl2.so.3... Doesn't seem to be thrilled with a symlink...
Code:
/usr/bin/AnyStream: /usr/lib/AnyStream/libsasl2.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/AnyStream/libldap_r-2.4.so.2) )

Last edited:
Hi,
Yes there is and it's already installed. Although, the only files with libsasl2.so are in the Steam runtime...
I guess I could have created a symlink but seeing that so far the missing library files were simply added to the AnyStream package, I decided to make a copy. I know this is a band-aid but it works.

But if you see something I don't, let me know and I will try. Thanks

It says in the package info Provides : libsasl2.so=3-64
I don't know much about libraries, so I'm not sure if this is an indication.

[manny@Arch-Linux AnyStream]$ pacman -Ss libsasl
core/libsasl 2.1.28-4 [installed]
Cyrus Simple Authentication Service Layer (SASL) library

[manny@Arch-Linux AnyStream]$ pacman -Qi libsasl
Name : libsasl
Version : 2.1.28-4
Description : Cyrus Simple Authentication Service Layer (SASL) library
Architecture : x86_64
URL : https://www.cyrusimap.org/sasl/
Licenses : custom
Groups : None
Provides : libsasl2.so=3-64
Depends On : gdbm libgdbm.so=6-64 glibc openssl
Optional Deps : None
Required By : libldap
Optional For : qca-qt5
Conflicts With : None
Replaces : None
Installed Size : 514.97 KiB
Packager : Frederik Schwan <freswa@archlinux.org>
Build Date : Sat 28 Jan 2023 06:12:15 PM EST
Install Date : Mon 04 Dec 2023 11:01:34 AM EST
Install Reason : Installed as a dependency for another package
Install Script : No
Validated By : Signature

I added some gentoo details to my post above... Looks like the system-supplied version is too new... and it's the same version as your Arch install.

I'm getting this on Fedora 38 with 1.7.0.0:

Error:
Problem: conflicting requests
- nothing provides libicui18n.so.60()(64bit) needed by AnyStream-1.7.0.0-1.x86_64 from @commandline
- nothing provides libicuuc.so.60()(64bit) needed by AnyStream-1.7.0.0-1.x86_64 from @commandline
- nothing provides libmysqlclient.so.20()(64bit) needed by AnyStream-1.7.0.0-1.x86_64 from @commandline
- nothing provides libmysqlclient.so.20(libmysqlclient_20.0)(64bit) needed by AnyStream-1.7.0.0-1.x86_64 from @commandline

I'm getting this on Fedora 38 with 1.7.0.0:

Error:
Problem: conflicting requests
- nothing provides libicui18n.so.60()(64bit) needed by AnyStream-1.7.0.0-1.x86_64 from @commandline
- nothing provides libicuuc.so.60()(64bit) needed by AnyStream-1.7.0.0-1.x86_64 from @commandline
- nothing provides libmysqlclient.so.20()(64bit) needed by AnyStream-1.7.0.0-1.x86_64 from @commandline
- nothing provides libmysqlclient.so.20(libmysqlclient_20.0)(64bit) needed by AnyStream-1.7.0.0-1.x86_64 from @commandline

All those library files are being provided in the download "AnyStream_1.7.0.0.tar.gz"...

Are you running it from the install folder itself. Ex, Change directory to install folder "cd /opt/AnyStream/" then from there you run "./AnyStream".

I am asking because on my end if I try running it while not in the install folder (Ex if I simply type "/opt/AnyStream/AnyStream"), then I get libraries missing. It's most likely because the library files are provided in the install folder itself and not system wide.

If using a GUI ".desktop" shortcut file, then you need to provide the working directory path otherwise it won't start :

[manny@Arch-Linux AnyStream]$ cat /home/manny/.local/share/applications/Anystream.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Comment[en_US]=
Comment=
Exec=/opt/AnyStream/AnyStream
GenericName[en_US]=
GenericName=
Icon=/opt/AnyStream/AnyStream_icon_03.png
MimeType=
Name[en_US]=Anystream
Name=Anystream
NoDisplay=false
Path=/opt/AnyStream <<<<<<<---------------
StartupNotify=true
Terminal=false
TerminalOptions=
Type=Application
X-KDE-SubstituteUID=false
X-KDE-Username=

All those library files are being provided in the download "AnyStream_1.7.0.0.tar.gz"...

Are you running it from the install folder itself. Ex, Change directory to install folder "cd /opt/AnyStream/" then from there you run "./AnyStream".

I am asking because on my end if I try running it while not in the install folder (Ex if I simply type "/opt/AnyStream/AnyStream"), then I get libraries missing. It's most likely because the library files are provided in the install folder itself and not system wide.

If using a GUI ".desktop" shortcut file, then you need to provide the working directory path otherwise it won't start :

[manny@Arch-Linux AnyStream]$ cat /home/manny/.local/share/applications/Anystream.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Comment[en_US]=
Comment=
Exec=/opt/AnyStream/AnyStream
GenericName[en_US]=
GenericName=
Icon=/opt/AnyStream/AnyStream_icon_03.png
MimeType=
Name[en_US]=Anystream
Name=Anystream
NoDisplay=false
Path=/opt/AnyStream <<<<<<<---------------
StartupNotify=true
Terminal=false
TerminalOptions=
Type=Application
X-KDE-SubstituteUID=false
X-KDE-Username=
Sorry wasn't completely clear in my post. I'm getting this error while attempting to upgrade to 1.7.

1.6.8.0 runs perfectly and installed without errors.

On my Fedora system the executable runs from /usr/bin. There is no /opt/AnyStream directory

Sorry wasn't completely clear in my post. I'm getting this error while attempting to upgrade to 1.7.

1.6.8.0 runs perfectly and installed without errors.

On my Fedora system the executable runs from /usr/bin. There is no /opt/AnyStream directory

No worries. In my case, I don't have an installer for Arch. I simply decompress the "AnyStream_1.7.0.0.tar.gz" into a folder. I chose to place it in "/opt".

Maybe you should open a new thread specifically for your issue, maybe someone with Fedora will be able to help.

Back