Links 2003 compatibility issue

Discussion in 'GameJackal' started by camperxl, Aug 7, 2007.

1. camperxl

camperxl Well-Known Member

Please answer these questions when posting about issues:

1. What version of Game Jackal are you running?
    2. What Operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack?
    - Vista Home Premium, 32 bit
    3. If you have virtual drives, disable them while profiling and playing profiles.
    -Done, was using Virtual CloneDrive
    4. Remove packet writing software from your system (including Directcd, Incd, DragtoDisc, Drive Letter Access, CyberLink InstantBurn, etc.)
    -N/A
    5. What protection does your game use? Don't know? Find out before posting about issues (and include that information)! Use Protection ID. It's a free program. Use ProtectionID and scan your HD directory where the game is installed (right click the icon on your toolbar, and select "scan files/folders"). Or just scan the main program .exe(s) that you find in the game directory on your hard drive. Provide the protection name and the version number.
    -Safedisc 2.60.052 detected
    6. What is the name of the game you're trying to run?
    -Microsoft Links 2003
    7. What is the version of the game?
    -Patched to 1.05
    8. Is it cd or dvd version?
    -CD
    9. What region or country is the original disc from?
    -USA
    10. What cpu are you running?
    -Intel Core2 Duo 2.4GHz
    11. What optical drives (dvd-rom,cd-rom, burners) are you using to create profiles with? What firmware version is installed on your reader?
    -TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632D / 6.0.6000.16386
    12. What security software (firewall, antivirus) are you using? Please provide version numbers.
    -Vista firewall, AVG 7.5.476
    13. Describe your problem, provide full error messages, and please state clearly what you were doing when you received those error messages.
    -Without trying to use GameJackal when I launch Links 2003 I get error message (see attached) "Exception Processing Message 0xc0000013 Parameters 0x7648023C 0x84C62B4C 0x7648023C 0x7658023C" I click Continue and the game loads and runs normally. When trying to use GameJackal the game gives error, I click Continue, and then the screen goes black and system locks. Must then hard reset.

Attached Files:

2. camperxl

camperxl Well-Known Member

Sorry - I missed the thread advising running Game Jackal as admin. I tried this and game runs normally (normal meaning I still receive an error message that I can click on and play the game), but at least now without the disc.