• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Limit download speed vs. quality

Since as it's flix, what bitrates do you get in a web browser when you watch them?

I purchased anyway as it does great on the Amazon and D+.

Netflix is the inconsistent one with me:)

I purchased anyway as it does great on the Amazon and D+.

Netflix is the inconsistent one with me:)
and when the day comes that you have no issues at all, this will be your go to program for all time. Thanks for your honesty.Also thanks for supporting the Redfox project.

and when the day comes that you have no issues at all, this will be your go to program for all time. Thanks for your honesty.Also thanks for supporting the Redfox project.
You are correct!

As further evidence, I redownloaded s03e04 Daredevil and guess what? Using AS only.

low bitrate - lower bitrate

Attachments

• AnyStream Bitrate comp 2.jpg
    AnyStream Bitrate comp 2.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 22
I dont watch them in the browser. When I stream its to my Shield TV Pro 2019.

You need a reference to compare to, how do you know it's not the highest available? Shield TV probably gets getter rates due to its hardware, AS can only get what a web browser can get...

There used to be a bug related to how bitrate is selected, but it has been eliminated a few versions ago. Please make sure you are using the latest version available.

I'm still occasionally having the issue with the UK Netflix on 1.1.1.1. When 1920 isn't available for a movie title, AS will default to 720 even though 960 is available. Seems fixed in US though. My habit is to check best resolution if 1920 isn't the default.

I didn't realize the issue was considered fixed so I didn't make a note of the titles affected but will repost the next time it happens.

I'm still occasionally having the issue with the UK Netflix on 1.1.1.1. When 1920 isn't available for a movie title, AS will default to 720 even though 960 is available. Seems fixed in US though. My habit is to check best resolution if 1920 isn't the default.

I didn't realize the issue was considered fixed so I didn't make a note of the titles affected but will repost the next time it happens.

P was talking about bitrate selection (at specific res), not resolution selection ;)

You need a reference to compare to, how do you know it's not the highest available? Shield TV probably gets getter rates due to its hardware, AS can only get what a web browser can get...
I have been encoding enough to tell the difference. as I have displayed the examples in my screen shots and as I also mentioned there were other threads in which those individuals had the screen shots to show the bit rate selection. Thus the statement AS was actually getting the lowest one. See further post with my other screen shot which shows over 7k down to 2k and its random. They master all the episodes to the approximate same bit rate, not 7k here and 2k there.

So here is another example of AS not choosing the highest bitrate.....

Upto the screen shot they all were approximately 7k then 2k then 6k then back to 2k where it stayed for the rest of the series.

As all stated in the previous screenshot you can see the same title, different bitrate.

Attachments

• Bitrate comp 3.jpg
    Bitrate comp 3.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 12
I have been encoding enough to tell the difference. as I have displayed the examples in my screen shots and as I also mentioned there were other threads in which those individuals had the screen shots to show the bit rate selection. Thus the statement AS was actually getting the lowest one. See further post with my other screen shot which shows over 7k down to 2k and its random. They master all the episodes to the approximate same bit rate, not 7k here and 2k there.

Yeah, well, I've seen enough "recommendations" on various forums incl. doom9 which people swear by, yet, knowing what the software does underneath, the recommendations hurt either the quality or the bitrate. In any case, have a read through this:

Code:
https://netflixtechblog.com/per-title-encode-optimization-7e99442b62a2

So here is another example of AS not choosing the highest bitrate.....

Upto the screen shot they all were approximately 7k then 2k then 6k then back to 2k where it stayed for the rest of the series.

As all stated in the previous screenshot you can see the same title, different bitrate.

They are two different episodes, for crying out aloud! AS is choosing what flix gives to a regular Chrome browser; if you want to claim AS is picking lower rate (like I did in a different thread, and that was fixed) compare like for like! But read that blog entry by flix staff, in any case!

Yeah, well, I've seen enough "recommendations" on various forums incl. doom9 which people swear by, yet, knowing what the software does underneath, the recommendations hurt either the quality or the bitrate. In any case, have a read through this:

Code:
https://netflixtechblog.com/per-title-encode-optimization-7e99442b62a2

They are two different episodes, for crying out aloud! AS is choosing what flix gives to a regular Chrome browser; if you want to claim AS is picking lower rate (like I did in a different thread, and that was fixed) compare like for like! But read that blog entry by flix staff, in any case!

Thats correct they are different but the other screen shots were of the SAME episode. The last screen shot was an example of going with the high bit rate then dropping to the low bit rate.

The people who master movies or tv episodes are directed to use as close to a specific bitrate for reasons such as:
end user equipment
difficulty to prevent piracy
media used to convey (physical, digital etc which is a weapon to prevent piracy, the larger the file the more space it takes on the end users HDD which is why they are encode with the highest bit rate possible for disc)
Streaming options (meaning the end users bandwidth demands, isp included and thus why they have different bitrates to help "provide the best experience" to the user)
Depending on the apps used to master they require specific information before encoding which auto calculates bitrate to fit a specific file size or media or transmission rate. As evidence your Netflix article explains this.

To that end netflix still has that "ladder" tier which was displayed in that screen shot in the other thread I cant find now.

Thats correct they are different but the other screen shots were of the SAME episode. The last screen shot was an example of going with the high bit rate then dropping to the low bit rate.

You mean where you were comparing the bitrate for a title encoded at Main with 1 ref frame and same title encoded at High with 4 ref frames, kinda putting your claim of "I have been encoding enough to tell the difference" into doubt... But hey, don't take my word for it, how about that of an x264 developer:-

Dark Shikari said:
You can improve quality and reduce bitrate at the same time.

from
Code:
https://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1116743&postcount=16

Without a proper log file, taken AFTER you have been presented with stream selection dialog, the only answer is - AnyStream only takes what is offered by a provider. No re-encoding. Just dumb download.

Back