• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Lifetime licenses? Why keep them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, there's no smoke without fire and the only one slanging, as you put it, is you so I'll ask you to stop directing insults at me. I've haven't made one such insult towards you at all. if you really don't want to get in to a slanging match then, please, just stop participating in the thread. I believe insulting behavior is a violation of the terms of service here.
Insulting behavior is against forum rules, and I wont put up with it. I will be watching this thread closely. This is a simple thread, those for and those against and none of the people involved can make any decisions. I have not seen any policy changes, I am not saying they might not come, all I am saying is that none of you can read the future. So stop all this , give your opinion and move on.

I do not mind members speculating but when they start to believe their own speculation, it has a ring of people trolling the forum. If you want give an opinion that's fine. if you don't agree with some else opinion, that's fine also. But be polite and have a mature discussion. That's all I ask.

I do not mind members speculating but when they start to believe their own speculation, it has a ring of people trolling the forum. If you want give an opinion that's fine. if you don't agree with some else opinion, that's fine also. But be polite and have a mature discussion. That's all I ask.
Redfox 1 supermod.... what was your old name?

I have nothing to say or speculate about I am just waiting for the new company to release the new prices and or upgrades for former Slysoft customers or how ever they work it out , pretty simple they have what I want and I will purchase another license again if need be and support the new company anyway I can.

As there's no more discussion of the issue, I'll cap this off here with a summary. I was surprised by some of what I found.

There's a group that's committed and vocal that believes there should be no change in the status of Lifetime Licenses currently held whatever else happens.

The continuation of the Lifetime License model is (understandably) popular with some willing to pony up for a new license at whatever rate is asked and some prefering if a discount is offered to current lifetime license holders.

In the event that the lifetime model isn't sustainable, some other models were also suggested with varying degrees of support.

One model that enjoyed some support was a one time lifetime license fee supplemented annually by either a maintenance or subscription fee.

One model that seemed to have more resistance than support was for a one time license supplemented by a per disc fee (where you download a key file to your local cache).

Whatever the decision by the new Redfox management, I'm sure it will take in to account the communities sentiments as expressed here and elsewhere and be fair and sustainable. I wish you all good fortune. Discussion closed.

Discussion open :)

I would be fine with a year by year purchase for around 50 to 80 bucks. I am a lifetime user for anydvd, anydvdhd and good old clonedvd. Ill be watching this site to see what you guys come up with.

No more to say on the subject, except:-

Discussion still open for debate..:sneaky:

To each his own, whoever is willing to pay $50-$80 a year has that right. As far as Im concerned Ill never pay that much a year. Everyone has a reason for why and how they use the software, as I have stated I just backup 3 or 4 DVDs a year. I would be unwise to purchase this at that price. Ill just wait a few months and order the same DVD off E-Bay for $4 and Ill have my backup.

As I have stated in an earlier post I have had several lifetime licenses where the company has either been bought out or revamped there licensing sells, but they have always honored the lifetime licenses of those who had them.

Good luck to everyone.

I have been with the company from the start and have a life time license I am 81 years old and love Red Fox it keeps me going and gives me things to do but money wise I am hurting I hope and pray that the Fox does something to help others like me so that we can afford to stay here
thanks

I have been with the company from the start and have a life time license I am 81 years old and love Red Fox it keeps me going and gives me things to do but money wise I am hurting I hope and pray that the Fox does something to help others like me so that we can afford to stay here
thanks
Looking good for 81 years old.

To each his own, whoever is willing to pay $50-$80 a year has that right. As far as Im concerned Ill never pay that much a year. Everyone has a reason for why and how they use the software, as I have stated I just backup 3 or 4 DVDs a year. I would be unwise to purchase this at that price. Ill just wait a few months and order the same DVD off E-Bay for $4 and Ill have my backup.

As I have stated in an earlier post I have had several lifetime licenses where the company has either been bought out or revamped there licensing sells, but they have always honored the lifetime licenses of those who had them.

Good luck to everyone.

If all you do is backup a few DVDs a year, I really doubt you'll need to repurchase, anyway. The current AnyDVD on its own should be able to handle any disc thrown at it without the OPD just using the AI Scanner. The OPD just speeds up the process, but isn't necessary.

It's Blu-Rays that require the constant updating that AnyDVD receives, and it's that updating that makes it impractical to offer endless updates for a one-time fee. I think a modest annual license maintenance cost for AnyDVD HD users is fair. Anyone buying new Blu-Rays throughout the year should easily be able to afford it, and those not buying new discs wouldn't even need the up-to-date version of the software.

If all you do is backup a few DVDs a year, I really doubt you'll need to repurchase, anyway. The current AnyDVD on its own should be able to handle any disc thrown at it without the OPD just using the AI Scanner. The OPD just speeds up the process, but isn't necessary.

It's Blu-Rays that require the constant updating that AnyDVD receives, and it's that updating that makes it impractical to offer endless updates for a one-time fee. I think a modest annual license maintenance cost for AnyDVD HD users is fair. Anyone buying new Blu-Rays throughout the year should easily be able to afford it, and those not buying new discs wouldn't even need the up-to-date version of the software.

Very well stated.

That's not entirely true, new DVD protections and the structural protection mechanism get updated quite often as well. I wouldn't give it more than a few months before the current version would encounter one where decryption wouldn't be successful or or only partially successful causing a failure to rip.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back