• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Lifetime License Means Something at RedFox

RickDR

I bought my lifetime license over a decade ago. I had to contact you to get me license again after a major disaster at my house. You sent it immediately after I answered your questions. I just downloaded my bajillionth update... for free. You are a great company with a great ethic.

BTW, I bought a friend a lifetime license, too, because I knew it wouldn't disappoint. Thanks.

that's hard to believe. Going by your post, "a decade" ago would mean you have a slysoft license. Redfox didn't exist 10 years ago, and AnyDVD v8 and above doesn't work with slysoft licenses. Something doesn't add up lol.

that's hard to believe. Going by your post, "a decade" ago would mean you have a slysoft license. Redfox didn't exist 10 years ago, and AnyDVD v8 and above doesn't work with slysoft licenses. Something doesn't add up lol.
I went back in my emails and found my actual update to RedFox. As I told them then I didn't mind buying another copy because I had been using them for many many years at that point. Now I just keep getting updates and I have had no other company or group do so well. But you are right.

Then at some point you indeed updated to redfox license, which would clarify your umpteenth update

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I went back in my emails and found my actual update to RedFox. As I told them then I didn't mind buying another copy because I had been using them for many many years at that point. Now I just keep getting updates and I have had no other company or group do so well. But you are right.
Rick, I'm right with you. As soon as Redfox took over I bought my new licence with the discount back then. And never regretted it.

I also am a long time DVD license owner thru SlySoft and RedFox and never regretted getting the software. Then when AnyStream came out I got the lifetime license also plus the +upgrade. Well worth the costs. To many more years of continued updates. Thank You

I bought the (slysoft) anydvd lifetime license (+clonedvd) 13 years ago, bought licenses for friends and family. Then slysoft 'disappeared' (was it 2016?) and the lifetime license were just good enough for a discount...
I started to use free tools and never went back to anydvd or other redfox tools because I'm still bitter about this 'lifetime license' mess.

then you need to complain to the mpaa and aacs-la. Cause they're the ones that pressed the antiguan authorities (where slysoft was located at the time) into shutting slysoft down. I'm absolutely sure they'll be very happy to see you use free tools for what they will still consider breach of copyright protections. I'm positive they wouldn't file a lawsuit aginst you in any way.

/sarcasm

oh and for the record, clonedvd never was a slysoft product and never will be a redfox product. Slysoft only had a license selling agreement with Elaborate Byte (Elby.ch) who are the exclusive developers of it. Nor was CloneDVD ever affected by the shutdown.

then you need to complain to the mpaa and aacs-la. Cause they're the ones that pressed the antiguan authorities (where slysoft was located at the time) into shutting slysoft down. I'm absolutely sure they'll be very happy to see you use free tools for what they will still consider breach of copyright protections. I'm positive they wouldn't file a lawsuit aginst you in any way.

/sarcasm

oh and for the record, clonedvd never was a slysoft product and never will be a redfox product. Slysoft only had a license selling agreement with Elaborate Byte (Elby.ch) who are the exclusive developers of it. Nor was CloneDVD ever affected by the shutdown.
That makes a few things clear for me. Thanks.

I bought the (slysoft) anydvd lifetime license (+clonedvd) 13 years ago, bought licenses for friends and family. Then slysoft 'disappeared' (was it 2016?) and the lifetime license were just good enough for a discount...
I started to use free tools and never went back to anydvd or other redfox tools because I'm still bitter about this 'lifetime license' mess.
Sorry to hear that... But I think you have read the story in this thread. AnyDVD is in my opinion still superior for playing the disc w/o ripping, ripping to ISO and forum support. My 2 cents.

Yet you still hang out at the 'enemy' site. :LOL:

I also bought lifetime licenses of Anydvd from Slysoft on several products. When Slysoft sold the company our Slysoft licenses were dead and gone. I didn't
like it, but bought new licenses with the Anydvd, Clonedvd, and BDclone. They are the best at what they do, and for me to be bitter was a waste
of time.

You are here because you still like us, it was not our doing, and we are sorry you were disappointed. 7 years of bitterness is not good for your health.:(

Really? When Slysoft was forced to shutdown and the developers stepped up to keep AnyDVD alive, I couldn't buy a new license fast enough. I was overjoyed it was going to continue. It saddens me that STILL, to this day, the old Slysoft employees get kicked for raising AnyDVD from the ashes. They deserve high praise for what they did.

I bought an AnyDVD license about 2 months prior to SlySoft's shutdown. I lurked on the forums for years prior to that. I initially felt upset that I paid for something that no longer existed that I only had for about 2 months. But when Redfox came online and I read the story and understood the situation. I bought more licenses and made a forum account in support.

Really? When Slysoft was forced to shutdown and the developers stepped up to keep AnyDVD alive, I couldn't buy a new license fast enough. I was overjoyed it was going to continue. It saddens me that STILL, to this day, the old Slysoft employees get kicked for raising AnyDVD from the ashes. They deserve high praise for what they did.

True. If they didn't get the intellectual rights from Giancarla Bettini, the former owner of Slysoft, then AnyDVD would've died 6 1/2 years ago.
I bought an AnyDVD license about 2 months prior to SlySoft's shutdown. I lurked on the forums for years prior to that. I initially felt upset that I paid for something that no longer existed that I only had for about 2 months. But when Redfox came online and I read the story and understood the situation. I bought more licenses and made a forum account in support.
To this day, I still blame the MPAA for what happened back in February of 2016.

Bootlegging is still going on, and whether AnyDVD exists or not won't matter in the slightest.

Back