• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Lifetime Anydvd and Redfox Licence

Status
Not open for further replies.

hond26

I purchased a lifetime AnyDVD HD licence (Slysoft). Now it seems I will have to buy such a licence all over for Redfox AnyDVD HD?? And the price is very high. And the risk of Redfox being closed down soon seems also very high - you have the same "legal structure" as Slysoft had.
I am writing this to tell you while I support your efforts and are with you in principle, the price is too high. Specially seeing that the risk is so high as well.
I am not paid in dollars, pounds or Euro's. The currency where I live trades between 15 to 22 to 1 re the dollar, Euro and pound.
You are in fact asking me to fork out 2,000 bucks for a new licence - with a high risk that it will not survive for long.
Sorry (very sorry), but no...

If you prefer, you can buy a 1 year license instead (about $55 USD) - less initial outlay and less risk.
You can then renew each year thereafter, if you wish to (renewal would be about $30 USD each year after the initial year)

Last edited:
Wrong section. The anydvd sections are reserved for disc problems. Moved to license.

Same legal structure? They don't, where's your proof to back up that claim.

Price to high? Prices are cheaper than other solutions and the last price change slysoft did in 2009.

I had a life time license for Sysoft Anydvd HD. I went through the steps to move my license over to the Redfox Anydvd HD. The impression I had was that I would maintain the lifetime licence. This apparently is not true. I did the recent update and I get the message that I need to purchase a new license. What happened to my lifetime licence?

What happened to my lifetime licence?

To be clear and straight: It died altogether with Slysoft company (the one who granted the license to you). You still can use it on the "old" 7.6.9.5 version, but for further updates you will need a Redfox-License.

Unfortunately, Slysoft was shut down by external pressures which basically ended all Slysoft LTL. RedFox is a new group, you'll need to purchase a new license.

Totally gutted to find that having paid for a lifetime license, I now have to do it again, less than 2 years into my existing license.
Understand that the old company died and this is a new one, but also know that a number of the organizers/owners have moved across.
This feels a bit like a cash grab, taking advantage of all the lifetime subscribers.
I'm willing to pay more for a great product and solid service, but asking lifetime subscribers to pay the WHOLE €109 whack again is a bit cheeky.
How about an additional discount/voucher for the loyal customers with valid Slysoft licenses??

Totally gutted to find that having paid for a lifetime license, I now have to do it again, less than 2 years into my existing license.
Understand that the old company died and this is a new one, but also know that a number of the organizers/owners have moved across.
This feels a bit like a cash grab, taking advantage of all the lifetime subscribers.
I'm willing to pay more for a great product and solid service, but asking lifetime subscribers to pay the WHOLE €109 whack again is a bit cheeky.
How about an additional discount/voucher for the loyal customers with valid Slysoft licenses??
Hmmm. let me think about that. ( Thinking) What we do for one we would have to do for all. I don't think so. You can get a 20% discount though which brings the price down 87.20Euros.

I have legal lifetime anydvd hd slysoft license but now I not buy new license because is full price for new clients and discount just 20% off this is impossible for old clients who pay high price.

I have buy this in 2008 december for both
# Quantity
1 Bundle Package 69.00 - AnyDVD Lifetime + CloneCD Lifetime
2 Discount -13.80
Total Amount EUR 55.20

Next have buy anydvd upgrade to HD lifetime version just for 30 EUR.
And me cost for complete pay 85.20 EUR

I am not satisfied with the final decision about the price and will not buy a license. Also my friends ( 40 clients 2009-2010 after my recommendation ) that I have uttered this program before but took licenses are now reluctant to take a license that is already paid for it.

Last edited:

It is €109 - 20% = €87,20 (approximatly 97,83 USD). That's the price i paid yesterday for a LTL.
A fair price for an high quality product like AnyDVD fom RedFox!

Last edited:
I also have a lifetime license, purchased about 9 or 10 years ago. I updated to the version 7.6.9.5, which is a Redfox license. It says lifetime updates until "forever". This is from Redfox, not Slysoft. You will not honor this?

Once again, it needs to be made clear that SLYSOFT was forcibly shut down and is now out of business.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/02/drm-defeaters-defeated-slysoft-ceases-operations/

Unfortunately, that meant all LTLs ended. I'm just glad the employees decided to continue with further developing the product rather than moving on to something totally different and letting AnyDVD just die. Therefore, I grudgingly but gladly bought a new LTL yesterday and recommend you all do the same, understanding that this will allow the software guys to continue working on countering new decryption schemes.

I am sympathetic to the issues that led to the shutdown of SlySoft and am hopeful that you guys can find success with your new business. However, I agree with the other posts here that loyalty is a two-way street. Some level of understanding and appreciation should be extended to those who have purchased a lifetime license (rather than the same 20% discount given to everyone else). In the end, I understand that you will do what you must do.

We all understand that it is a 'new' company and that you guys apparently went without income for a few months while sorting this out. However, the economy is hard on everyone and money is harder to come by for all of us than it once was. Trust in a 'lifetime' license is another issue that many here are still feeling the sting over. I do not feel comfortable (in either a monetarily or trusting manner) re-purchasing another licence. I guess I will let it lapse and begin looking elsewhere. As posted above, it MAY be more expensive but knowing the risk of having a lifetime license voided (through little fault of Redfox or SlySoft) coupled with the lack of any initiative to sooth the sting felt by loyal customers is enough to fear further investment.

All I ask is that you email your former lifetime customers in the event you guys change your mind. I love your product but as things stand feel the need to begin looking elsewhere.

I was a lifetime subscriber to Slysoft's product as well. When a company goes under that is the end of it's life! Yes, it stings to have to purchase another license (if you choose to do so) but to me it's worth the price. I hope redfox hangs around (for a few years at least) and continues this great product. I purchased a new LTL last night.

As Jumpnjill just stated: The software I have paid for about 7 years ago tells me that I have a "life time" license from REDFOX.....And now that I was about to update...I don't.... :-(
As a matter of fact, it does not say "life time", it says "forever"

I don't understand your concept of "loyalty". If by loyal you mean that you bought the software a while ago and have enjoyed the numerous updates, then I would classify you as a loyal user. One-way street. But a loyal customer would understand that Slysoft is gone, the developers could have moved on but decided to continue developing AnyDVD, and need to make a financially sound business of the venture which will require funds (as Chevron is fond of saying, this has been discussed ad nauseum, and I so agree). For this, we get continued support for decryption. This is genuine two-way street. My 2 cents.

funny thing happen to me on the way to the market Ma!!!!I didn't get the beans.... yea I downloaded your last update and now it don't work.... you didn't state that it would quit you said anydvd would slowly go away. so you guys gave me a cheap shot and anyone with any sense would not get a lifetime sub off you guys cause its likely to get squeezed out sooner or later

As Jumpnjill just stated: The software I have paid for about 7 years ago tells me that I have a "life time" license from REDFOX.....And now that I was about to update...I don't.... :-(
As a matter of fact, it does not say "life time", it says "forever"
funny thing happen to me on the way to the market Ma!!!!I didn't get the beans.... yea I downloaded your last update and now it don't work.... you didn't state that it would quit you said anydvd would slowly go away. so you guys gave me a cheap shot and anyone with any sense would not get a lifetime sub off you guys cause its likely to get squeezed out sooner or later
Again more people not listening to what has happened and will cause this thread to be closed as well. Which would be a good thing as Slysoft is gone and no more your lifetime license with with Slysoft not RedFox as you haven't bought it form them yet. If you got Slysoft issues get a lawyer and go after Slysoft of which no longer exists and the lawyer will laugh at you and promptly charge you 200$$ for wasting their time.

I believe that >98% of the code in the RedFox version is the same as it was in the Slysoft version. And the all of the programmers in Slysoft has moved to work for RedFox.

SO IT IS THE SAME PRODUCT !!!
YOR ARE THE SAME COMPANY !!!

RedFox are really pushing the limits of what can be considered a fair business model. They are misusing the legal issues they had to punish loyal customers to buy the products twice. That is unethical behaviour.

I’m really disappointed over the way RedFox have choosen to handle this issue. There should have been a licences transfer for those of us who purchased a lifetime licences, with a symbolic transfer fee of <10$

I hope they reconsider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back