LG WH16NS60

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/BD Drives' started by yahknow1, Apr 12, 2019.

1. yahknow1

yahknow1 Well-Known Member

I bought this drive from Alex C (already downgraded to supposedly work) but it gives an error when trying to rip with AnyDVD HD. The drive says firmaware 1.0. He's going to let me return the drive for the ASUS BW16D1HT. Before I do that I was wondering if AnyDVD was going to work with it any time soon?

20190411_192057.jpg

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

That ns60 model, unlikely that's an official uhd drive. That other model should work.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

3. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Retired Moderator

It can be cross flashed to the Asus firmware to make it anydvd compatible ie uhd friendly. On its native 1.00 firmware it's still official. Every program other than anydvd will support it but anydvd doesn't work with any official drives.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

4. yahknow1

yahknow1 Well-Known Member

ok thanks

5. testiles

testiles Well-Known Member

Or you could just flash to LG's firmware for the earlier model WH16NS40 1.02.

That's UHD-friendly and works with AnyDVD.

T

whatever_gong82 and slimm like this.
  6. hardliner

hardliner New Member

But I tried doing that with the Crossflash program that was referenced in blackened2687's post but it has made no difference. I flashed it to 1.00 but made no difference. I feel like there's too many posts in this forum on how to crossflash and it's confusing.

7. SamuriHL

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18933

Get that flasher.

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19113

Get that MK firmware download.

Flash this bin:

HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BH16NS55-1.03-NM00000-211711201704.bin

It'll turn the NS60 into an NS55 UHD friendly drive. If you want to truly cross flash it with a really good firmware, you can use the:

ASUS-BW-16D1HT-3.10-WM01601-211901041014.bin

The only potential issue with that is if you're burning discs it might cause issues. If so, use the NS55 firmware. If you don't care about burning discs, use the ASUS firmware.

8. hardliner

hardliner New Member

Thank for the simple process.

I flashed using the bin you stated and it worked.

I have zero interest in burning discs on that drive. I have a second Blu-ray drive that I will use to do that.

whatever_gong82 likes this.
  9. SamuriHL

Then you're good to go. I'd just leave it on that firmware and don't touch it. It's a very good firmware for ripping UHD's.

whatever_gong82 likes this.
  10. testiles

testiles Well-Known Member

hardliner, sorry to hear that.

I'm not sure which flasher you're referring to from blackened2687 but the one I used to install the NS40 firmware worked perfectly and I have had zero problems using it these several months.

Anyway very glad you got it sorted out with the ASUS flasher.

I tried ASUS crossflashing for my NS60 but it completely hosed the drive's ability to burn Blu-Ray. Since that's something I do on occasion that wouldn't work for me.

Congrats on successfully making your NS60 friendly!

T