• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

LG GGW-H10N Blu-ray writer/HD DVD reader Hands-on

roog

I have just received and performed initial testing of my very own LG GGW-H10N Blu-ray writer/HD DVD reader.

After installing the drive and the "Cyberlink Hi-Def Suite" software, I ran the LG ODD firmware update software to go from version 1.00 to 1.01. I then downloaded and applied the LG PowerDVD Ultra (2911e) update from the Cyberlink website. The update went as planned without the problems that occur when updating the retail version from 2905 to 2911.

Version 2911e seems to be a more mature version of PowerDVD Ultra retail version 2911. I know this because it plays the infamous "Stomp the Yard" whereas the retail 2911 would not. Further testing will be required to find out the differences between it and the new retail version 3104a.

The programs that come with the "Cyberlink Hi-Def Suite" software are "PowerDVD Ultra", "Power Producer", "Power2Go", "Power Backup", and "Instant Burn".

All programs seem to be full versions and not crippleware. "PowerDVD Ultra" and "Power2Go" both recognize and allow you to use drives other than the LG GGW-H10N. I tested this capability using my LiteOn LH-2B1S Blu-ray writer.

I burned two Blu-ray 25GB rewritable discs with the LG GGW-H10N , one with Blu-ray and one with HD DVD content, and both played as expected on both of my drives.

Overall, LG has done an excellent job bringing this product to market.:bowdown:

Last edited:

Thanks, I'll definitely take a look at them when they come out, but I don't think they will release them until the sales play out for the GGW-H10N.

I've seen the oem GGW-H10N listed here http://www.eaglebit.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=EB-150-00073&Click=14 for $600 but they don't have any in stock.

At least now I can finally burn 50GB BD-REs without having to buy a Matsushita drive (Sony, Panasonic, etc.).

Back