• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

LG BD670 and Cinavia

Diaboyos

Can someone who has the LG BD670 confirm that it still does not have Cinavia on it and what version firmware they are using?

I purchased the Samsung 5900 but unfortunately it does have Cinavia so I need a replacement. I saw the 670 might be a good option. If anyone else knows of an entry-level 3D Blu Ray player that currently does not support Cinavia I'd love to hear about it.

Don't know if they are still available but the Sony BDP S560 and BDP S270 are Cinavia free.

On CD disk firmware version 008,011,014 for the the S560
On CD disk firmware version mo3.R.695, mo3.R.742, mo3.R.769 for the S270

Currently running the oldest firmware version on both units and all is well playing the latest source BD-ROM disks, and all back-up on BD-R disks.
Also, even with the latest firmware versions installed, I believe these older hardware units will not have Cinavia cancer installed.

The latest and newest Sony hardware units with firmware updates will have Cinavia installed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone who has the LG BD670 confirm that it still does not have Cinavia on it and what version firmware they are using?

Firmware just updated today so this should be the latest. Tested complete play through on RE Afterlife movie only Region A.

Main Ver: BD.8.97.413.E
SERVO Ver: H90377 (H09LGN)

Cool thx guys. I got a 670 otw it'll be here in about a week. As long as it doesn't come with Cinavia I should be good I don't plan on getting any firmware updates.

Cool thx guys. I got a 670 otw it'll be here in about a week. As long as it doesn't come with Cinavia I should be good I don't plan on getting any firmware updates.

Good luck with it.

BTW, you can downgrade the firmware for this player. If you update to a newer firmware that doesn't work right for you, you can get the previous version from the website and revert back to it. Or, better idea, when you see a new firmware available, check the website to download the previous version first, then try the new version and if it isn't satisfactory, revert.

Just keep in mind that if you never update a player's firmware, it will likely stop playing new replicated (store bought) discs after about 18 months. The AACS keys will expire and new ones will need to be installed to playback new discs... It'll still work with existing discs, but a firmware update will be required to play new ones after that point...

Only affects you if you ever want to play store-bought movies tho... BD-Rs will, of course, always work.

Well I got the 670 in and it works like a charm. Cinavia Free! Yeah the 670 will only be used for cinavia infected backups. My Samsung 5900 gets firmware updates and will be used for everything else.

Could You Please Send Me a Copy of BD670 Firmware Update mentioned in your post?

Firmware just updated today so this should be the latest. Tested complete play through on RE Afterlife movie only Region A.

Main Ver: BD.8.97.413.E
SERVO Ver: H90377 (H09LGN)

Hi, Sabertooth; could you please send me a copy of the firmware update which you mention in this post? My situation is: my LG BD670 is exhibiting symptoms of a failed firmware update (I can provide boring details if you like). Will not boot at all nor show anything on my TV screen. The fix, apparently, is to re-update the firmware from a USB, but LG only offers the latest 2 updates on their site, and I'm concerned that if I download and use one of these latest updates, then Cinavia will be included in it. There seems to be reliable info on a number of forums that the LG, unlike other manufacturers' players, will use an older firmware version if it finds one on a USB when the player is powered up, so I'd like to get a version which is known to NOT have Cinavia in it.

If you're willing and able to do this, please send firmware update file(s) via e-mail to jnavarro18@comcast.net

Alternatively, if you know that the latest update from LG (Released 4/25/13, version LG_BD_6100B33[that's the name of the .zip file it';s in]) also does NOT have Cinavia in it, then please just let me know that so I can go ahead and use this latest version without fear of Cinavia infection.

Many thanks in advance!!!
Joe Navarro
Orinda, California

Good luck with it.

BTW, you can downgrade the firmware for this player. If you update to a newer firmware that doesn't work right for you, you can get the previous version from the website and revert back to it. Or, better idea, when you see a new firmware available, check the website to download the previous version first, then try the new version and if it isn't satisfactory, revert.

I have an LG BD 670 with Ver:BD.8.97.424.E.
Is that free of Cinavia, anyone know?

Thank you

Back