• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

LG 4K Ultra HD 3D Blu-ray player VS. CINAVIA

Marcial

I made this copy of "Patriots Day" (blu-ray) a while ago. I have already watched it in my Panasonic blu-ray player with no problem but the player just died. So I bought the LG 4K Ultra HD 3D. Like 15 minutes into the movie the audio went off and a message from Cinavia appeared on the screen asking me to go to Cinavia.com and check code 3. Well, code 3 is when a non commercial copy is detected. Never had that before in so many years.

I see that the AnyDVD setting for "Video Blu-ray" have 6 options:
Enable Blu-ray support.
Remove prohibited user operations.
Remove annoying adverts and trailers.
and others.

Would the second and/or third options eliminate this problem?

Last edited:
I made this copy of "Patriots's day" (blu-ray) a while ago. I have already watched it in my Panasonic blu-ray player with no problem but the player just died. So I bought the LG 4K Ultra HD 3D. Like 15 minutes into the movie the audio went off and a message from Cinavia appeared on the screen asking me to go to Cinavia.com and check code 3. Well, code 3 is when a non commercial copy is detected. Never had that before in so many years.

Enable Blu-ray support.
and others.

No. Anydvd alone does not remove Cinavia from the copy it only prevents a player from detecting it if Anydvd is running on the PC playing the copy which obviously it can't be on a stand alone player.

Last edited:
No. Anydvd does not remove Cinavia from the copy it only prevents a player from detecting it if Anydvd is running on the PC playing the copy which obviously it can't be on a stand alone player.
Yes it does, but only in combination with CloneBD and at a cost to the audio

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

As you can see, this is totally new to me. Never had this problem before. Yes, I was playing "Patriots Day" on the new stand alone player (LG...). It never happened with the Panasonic, which is now broken. So new blu-ray players are coming with this non-commercial detection capability? I ask this question because, like I said before, same copy with my old stand alone did not have any problem.

As you can see, this is totally new to me. Never had this problem before. Yes, I was playing "Patriots Day" on the new stand alone player (LG...). It never happened with the Panasonic, which is now broken. So new blu-ray players are coming with this non-commercial detection capability? I ask this question because, like I said before, same copy with my old stand alone did not have any problem.
ALL new BD players from February 2012 and onwards have that 'problem'.

Sorry, I forgot to say that I have been making blu-ray copies for the last few months by getting an image file (.iso") with AnyDVD, option "Rip to Image", and by burning the blank disc with ImgBurn, option "Write image file to disc". It gave me better results than by using "Write files/folders to disc".

Sorry, I forgot to say that I have been making blu-ray copies for the last few months by getting an image file (.iso") with AnyDVD, option "Rip to Image", and by burning the blank disc with ImgBurn, option "Write image file to disc". It gave me better results than by using "Write files/folders to disc".
That's the good way, but irrelevant in regards to cinavia.

Chevron, if "all new BD players from February 2012 and onward have that 'problem' ", is there any way to still make a copy without compromising the audio? It seems that we are screwed.

A final question, all bluray non-commercial copies can be detected by the new BD players? I ask this because last night a tried to play another copy I made recently to "Snowden" but it went through from the beginning to the end. No Cinavia messages or interference.

Last edited:
Yup, get a player that was licensed BEFORE that date. Eg if you can find a brand new Panasonic DMP-BDT110 TODAY, it will NOT detect cinavia as that was a model that was licensed BEFORE the mandatory implementation date.

The other way is get a DVD only player, even brand new models (not old ones) you buy today ARE NOT required to detect cinavia, as it's not a part of the DVD standard. (But don't be surprised if Sony ones do, as they're a major backer behind the technology).

Yup, get a player that was licensed BEFORE that date. Eg if you can find a brand new Panasonic DMP-BDT110 TODAY, it will NOT detect cinavia as that was a model that was licensed BEFORE the mandatory implementation date.

The other way is get a DVD only player, even brand new models (not old ones) you buy today ARE NOT required to detect cinavia, as it's not a part of the DVD standard. (But don't be surprised if Sony ones do, as they're a major backer behind the technology).

That's exactly the Panasonic model that I had and died last week, DMP-BDT110. No wonder. Unless AnyDVD programmers come with a new solution, we will have to buy the commercial discs and make no more copies.

Do what I did, get yourself a secondhand one ;-). I've got 2 now and one's on 'standby'

Yeah, that sounds like the most practical solution. Otherwise is like having a nightmare.

If you have a laptop with a Blu-ray player on it and use AnyDVD on it and hook it to your TV and there you go you can watch them on your TV that way as well.

internet connectivity or not has ZERO impact on cinavia detection. Thats solely down to the playback device/software, and if the disc used is copy protected or not. There are zero other factors at play. Even players (software or hardware ones) that are not connected to the internet, will STILL detect cinavia on unprotected backups (that didn't have cinavia removed) if they are capable of detecting it.

Sony is the main studio supporting Cinavia. Most all the other studios don't, so you copy those. The best BluRay player available without Cinavia detection is a used Oppo BDP-93. You can find them on eBay for less than $200.00.

Sony is the main studio supporting Cinavia. Most all the other studios don't, so you copy those. The best BluRay player available without Cinavia detection is a used Oppo BDP-93. You can find them on eBay for less than $200.00.
Welcome to the Forum.

Please note that Lionsgate and Universal Studios also support Cinavia as well.

:)

I made this copy of "Patriots Day" (blu-ray) a while ago. I have already watched it in my Panasonic blu-ray player with no problem but the player just died. So I bought the LG 4K Ultra HD 3D. Like 15 minutes into the movie the audio went off and a message from Cinavia appeared on the screen asking me to go to Cinavia.com and check code 3. Well, code 3 is when a non commercial copy is detected. Never had that before in so many years.

Enable Blu-ray support.
and others.

I have solved this problem by buying older 3D players (from $30 to $40) - I used only Panasonic and whenever I encounter this problem on my "newer" ones (like DMP-BDT460 and higher), I just switch to the old one (like Panasonic BDT100 or BDT110, but not above BDT120) and it plays just fine. And I never updated the hardware/software. So you should probably match similar models' years if you have Sharp of Akai...

Exactly, that's what I was using until it broke last week, Panasonic DMP-BDT110. I have an old Sony blu-ray player that don't use but is in perfect shape. I am going to give it a try.

Back