• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Let us know your HTPC specs

Yeah seems a bit busy down there.

Ok just cause im nosey and it may help,
What do you have under the telly?

Be better to move that by your pc and connect it 20meters or if its a dvd or something I would get the case I got which is a desktop, (Spray it black) and replace it with an internal.

It would be cheaper to do that then try and get half decent cables that length. I dont think you should mix a working PC with your media one. Also you would loose a lot of sound quality on those lenghts.

There are other sugestions.

Have a look at my spec list I posted in this thread for more ideas.

Dont mind pm'ing you if you want me to.

Ok just cause im nosey and it may help,
What do you have under the telly?
Located below my television and stand I have my direct tv box, toshiba HDA1
HD DVD player, 2x Sony 400 disc DVD changers and a component/digital switch box to switch between my 2 sony DVD changers.

well i think theres your answer.
Replace your toshiba with a Desktop pc with an internal drive. LG dual player.

or move your sony's somewhere else and get a long tos (fibre optic) leads etc.

Considering what you can do with a media pc and a couple TB's or more I'd replace the sonys, iso your DVD's t it etc etc.

RSA3E2-XP Rackmount case
Lots of fan/case mods to make it silent.
Gigabyte P65 DQ6
Intel Core Duo E4300
4GB RAM
MSI 8500GT HDMI out
Acecra 16 drive raid controller
16 TB storage (16 Hitachi 1TBs)
7 TB Raid 5 primary, 8 TB non-raid backup. (I never want to re-rip my collection. I would give up on HTPC before doing that again..:))

Sorry, accidently posted twice

Last edited:
Considering what you can do with a media pc and a couple TB's or more I'd replace the sonys, iso your DVD's t it etc etc.
I think I may have too many hard drives as it is. My Gigabyte MB has (6) SATA connections. (4) SATA connections are dedicated for 4 internal Hitachi 500 GB Hard drives which I have about 15-20 HD DVD & Blu Ray movies backed up on each one of them, (1) SATA connector is for a 3.5 Hot Swap SATA drive enclosure in a 5.25 drive bay and the other remaining SATA connector is for my Pioneer Blu Ray drive. As you can see my MB cannot drive any additional hard drives, and I have 5 more (and counting) SATA hard drives full of additional High Definition movies which I swap out using my hot swap case in one of my 5.25 drive bays when I want to watch a particular movie thats not already on one of my PC internal drives. I know that with long cable runs such as mine, the video and audio signals can be compromised, but I honestly cannot notice any deterioration in my audio or video, even though I am streaming it to my 60" RPTV and listening to it on my somewhat high end audio equipment and Definitive technology speakers. I am probably still going to pursue that 20 ft 5.1 analog cable run, for this seems the simplest way for me, even though its not the most economical or efficient way to do it.

Last edited:
Build a new pc with your "Current" drives inside it.
Then use the decent cables I sugested.

However if your happy with any old cable as long as you get connected then i would get the monster cables and use individual rca extenders cables. You can get a joiner "Female/Female" to join them if required.

Other option is using spdif but this is rather flat monoral sound with early versions of PDVD, not sure about the latter ones.

Last edited:
Back