• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Layer Break?

theycallmefizzle

when i rip dvds using the dvdDecrypter file method....does anydvd remove the layer break information or does the dvdDecrypter program? when i burn the resulting files with imgburn i have to create a new layer break...it doesnt bother me just wonder if there is a way to preserve the original/master layer break.

When you rip to files, then layer break info does get lost yes. Regardless of the program you're using to do the ripping. However the anydvd ripper does have the option to create an additional .dvd file. Enabled that one and the layer information will be stored in it. Afaik IMGBurn supports those and would use it to restore layer break.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

When you rip to files, then layer break info does get lost yes. Regardless of the program you're using to do the ripping. However the anydvd ripper does have the option to create an additional .dvd file. Enabled that one and the layer information will be stored in it. Afaik IMGBurn supports those and would use it to restore layer break.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk
CloneCD does. CloneDVD probably, too.

Perhaps, but OP doesnt mention either of those :)

ok thanks for the information. nevertheless, the .dvd file option is only in the "rip to iso" selection.
so if i want to keep the master/original layer info then i would have to "rip to iso" first and then use dvdecrypter program or "rip video disc to harddisk";
basically ripping twice?

The iso ripper is NOT recommended for DVD ripping for technical reasons (won't go into the details why). Anydvd will warn you if you attempt to do it anyway. You'll have to try out cloneCD / CloneDVD in that case. Both have a 21day free trial

Short version is. If you use AnyDVD to rip to ISO - you'll be able to burn that ISO witn IMGburn and get a playable DVD - BUT that DVD will still contain structural copy protection.

0W

Short version is. If you use AnyDVD to rip to ISO - you'll be able to burn that ISO witn IMGburn and get a playable DVD - BUT that DVD will still contain structural copy protection.

0W
I am not sure, if ImgBurn understands the layer break information from the .dvd file.

I'm not sure of that either.
But, I thought the .iso itself preserves the layer break info? No?
-W

Can't say for sure, but the OP's original question was when ripping to folder and the iso ripper isn't meant to be used with DVD's.

when i rip dvds using the dvdDecrypter file method....does anydvd remove the layer break information
I hope this answers the question: When ripping to folder with AnyDVD ripper, AnyDVD will remove the "layer break information" (bad naming, it will remove the discontinuity flag from the ifo file in question).
Burning to dual/double layer with CloneDVD will restore it (or place a new one at the correct location).

But I have no idea, what "rip dvds using the dvdDecrypter file method" is, and what it has to do with AnyDVD.

i use the old dvd decrypter program to rip dvds to the hard drive. that program gives the option to do file, ifo, or iso mode. passkey i know has an option to "remove layer break" just didnt know why that option was in that program; as Chevron said rip to files by any method (anydvd or decrypter) will automatically destroy the "discontinuity flag". as when i burn the video_ts with imgburn i have to select a new flag (usually five choices) to be placed in the upcoming burn. i still have not found a way to import/create a .dvd file from original/master layer break with imgburn....when i create an .iso with dvd decrypter i think the "discontinuity flag" is saved in the .mds file? i might be just babbling about useless information.....but i like anydvd and dvdDecrypter combo works great with non "basic or extreme structure protection" keep up the great work

Back