• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Latest HD-DVD Conversion thread including LPCM, TrueHD and DD+ audio AND subtitles ..

Hmmm

there must be a easier way than this,
great guide but i hate typeing in cmd lol

arent there GUIs for these programs.

Hi there.

Currently eac3to does not support Blu-ray subtitles. However, the product is updated pretty much weekly and in the last few days the author has said that this is very high in his priority list. Personally I have put off processing Blu-ray until this is complete.

However, I don't think the current approach will work for Blu-ray. I don't think Blu-ray subtitles are compatible with Subtitle Creator. MPC-HC can now play .m2ts files. It cannot yet play Blu-ray subtitles but that is on the way. .m2ts with native Blu-ray subtitles may be a better container, but I've yet to decide.

eac3to now supports extraction of blu-ray subtitles.

MPC-HC will support playback of these subtitles soon. One beta version could play them back, but only inside a m2ts container. Hope this changes soon.

Hmmm...there must be a easier way than this ... arent there GUIs for these programs.

Ripbot264 can be used on Windows systems as a front end to eac3to if all you want to deal with is the 'Feature Presentation'. It creates all the files you need as input for the main movie (a MKV of the video, the selected audio track, chapters, and the subtitles), and it creates log files you can use for other files. You still have to manually convert the .sup (subtitle) file and join everything together, but most of the work is done without ever seeing a DOS window.

The reason you can not use RipBot264 for everything is that it wants to re-encode the video. However, if all you to is setup a Job without running the job, a folder will be made containing the eac3to output. I've just started looking at this, but it looks like it should make the process Jong described here just a bit easier.

Last edited:
I started using Clown BD v0.22b for converting my HD-DVD collection to BR and it is working great. Simple, fast, and all I need right now (I am waiting for better TrueHD support from tsmuxer before converting disc with TrueHD soundtracks).

Thanks for your reply. I actually got it to work fine after a little trial and error. However, I do have another question for you. . . more out of curiosity.

Thanks again.

can you tell me how you fixed your problem? i too have the problem of doing the audio step.

i'm using the king kong hd-dvd as the example
track 5 has the e-ac3 english track

i typed (i wanted conversion of the main track to AC3):
eac3to e:\ 1) 5: "d:\HD_Conversions\Moviename\mainaudio.ac3" –libav

it says Track 5 is used for destination file "libav"
this audio conversion is not supported.

This guide is now very out of date. I just looked at the eac3to thread and the -libav switch does not even exist anymore. Have you tried just omitting it? If that does not work all I can suggest is posting in the eac3to thread, or looking for a more up to date guide. I have not converted any HD-DVDs in 6 months or more, so am way out of date on best practice. Sorry!

Clown_BD will handle your HD-DVD perfectly. All subs are converted to PGS, E-AC3 to is converted to LPCM (or you can recode to AC3 or DTS as you wish). I redid my whole collection again just recently.

That's good to know. I did not know ClownBD did HD-DVD too. Cool.

This guide is now very out of date. I just looked at the eac3to thread and the -libav switch does not even exist anymore. Have you tried just omitting it? If that does not work all I can suggest is posting in the eac3to thread, or looking for a more up to date guide. I have not converted any HD-DVDs in 6 months or more, so am way out of date on best practice. Sorry!

Thank you for the quick reply! Very much appreciated!

Clown_BD will handle your HD-DVD perfectly. All subs are converted to PGS, E-AC3 to is converted to LPCM (or you can recode to AC3 or DTS as you wish). I redid my whole collection again just recently.

Thank you! All your help was very much appreciated!

The reason you can not use RipBot264 for everything is that it wants to re-encode the video. However said:
Why is re-encoding bad? I've stayed away because of the long processing times?

thx

bob (newb)

re-encoding is always bad as it can introduce flaws in the video, when ever possible you should use a method that requires no re-encoding

Back