• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Last several versions of CloneBD perform very slow

tjp

Previously CloneBD would transcode a Blu-Ray movie in about 1 hour on my system. Then I downloaded an upgrade (can't remember the ver #, but was 3 versions back). The result of the upgrade was that using the exact same workflow the transcode time went from 1 hour to 6. OK, I thought I'll wait for the next upgrade. A few weeks late I installed that - no improvement. Today I just installed 1.0.3.3. OK, the transcode time improved from 6 to 4 hours. Still basically useless to me. I can do the same procedure on Handbrake in less than 60 minutes!
My workflow is to transcode to a single MKV file with ACS3 audio and the quality setting to produce a file size of around 13GBs.
I love Slysoft and Elaborate Bytes and how they have supported their products in the past, but boy, CloneBD is a colossal failure for me. Wasted my money as I am now back to using Handbrake.

Anyone else seeing a huge performance drop off

Update

I just found an old installer for ver 1.0.2.5. So, I deinstalled 1.0.3.3 and installed the older version. Now my transcode times are back to 1 hour with the older version using the same settings! Yes, both versions have video hardware acceleration enabled.
What's up Elaborate Bytes?

Last edited:
Back