• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Lang] - Overwriting language tracks improved, not perfect

Ch3vr0n

Translator NL
I noted that AnyStream now use the full language locale when it comes to subtitles (eg: en-GB, en-US). This should prevent similar languages from overwriting each other. But it seems another tweak is required.

Example title:

Amazon US: Chicago Fire, S04E02. Has 2 subtitle tracks, (both of them en-us obviously) but 1 track is just plain "English" and the other "English [CC]". The problem is that even with the current fix, it doesn't account for closed captioned variants of the same en-us locale. Thus going back to the intitial problem where 1 track replaces the other and you end up with 1 track instead of for example

<title>.mp4
<title>.en-us.srt
<title>.en-us_[cc].srt

The end result in this case is:

<title>.mp4
<title>.en-us.srt

I noted that AnyStream now use the full language locale when it comes to subtitles (eg: en-GB, en-US). This should prevent similar languages from overwriting each other. But it seems another tweak is required.

Example title:

Amazon US: Chicago Fire, S04E02. Has 2 subtitle tracks, (both of them en-us obviously) but 1 track is just plain "English" and the other "English [CC]". The problem is that even with the current fix, it doesn't account for closed captioned variants of the same en-us locale. Thus going back to the intitial problem where 1 track replaces the other and you end up with 1 track instead of for example

<title>.mp4
<title>.en-us.srt
<title>.en-us_[cc].srt

The end result in this case is:

<title>.mp4
<title>.en-us.srt

I noticed that too, the work-around for the time being is to File > "Show Log Messages," grab the URL of the subtitle file, and download that manually from any browser. ;-)

Last edited:
That's a partial fix - we needed to fix the Amazon problem urgently.

Understood, that was obviously a priority. Figured I'd report this in case the cc subtitles was added too but didn't work.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Understood, that was obviously a priority. Figured I'd report this in case the cc subtitles was added too but didn't work.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Sure, thanks :)

Back