• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

La La Land Issue

Which is why the region setting instructions specifically mention to EXIT anydvd completely :) That said, does it work now or not? You didn't mention that

After testing a couple of times with different drives (with region correctly set), no it still is not working.
Disk: US region 1 LaLaland DVD. new logfile attached from an internal vs usb based drive.
Symptoms: Anydvd displays done before copying title 12 files which is where the main movie is

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.2.0_Info_D_LA_LA_LAND.ziplog
    260.6 KB · Views: 5
just realized a noob error on my part after research. "
When AnyDVD is running (shows in the system tray), it's affecting what you see in the Device Manager... so you must exit AnyDVD completely to properly set it... "

There you go! :D Now they can see the new logs.

-W (loves it when people research issues though - like the device manager thing)

Last edited:
There is no 8140. There is however a beta 8114. The latest release is 8120

There is no 8140. There is however a beta 8114. The latest release is 8120

Typo - and in my hurry, I missed the new street release too. Will edit my OP. Thanks!
-W

I'm testing with 8.1.2.0. Previous logs were from a Win10 based machine and I tested internal and USB external drives with two types of errors.
1) With internal drives. Anydvd appeared to function correctly but the movie files were not copied. 2) With external drives, File IO errors were observed. I figured this had more to do with the system than Anydvd so I moved to a known good platform with Win7.

Win 7 machine with both internal and external (USB) drives has the same error which is Anydvd will copy and say done but no movie files get copied. Log files from win7 machine attached. Log from drive E is an internal BD drive; Log from G is an external DVD drive.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.2.0_Info_E_LA_LA_LAND.ziplog
    265.9 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_8.1.2.0_Info_G_LA_LA_LAND.ziplog
    266.3 KB · Views: 1
I'm testing with 8.1.2.0. Previous logs were from a Win10 based machine and I tested internal and USB external drives with two types of errors.
1) With internal drives. Anydvd appeared to function correctly but the movie files were not copied. 2) With external drives, File IO errors were observed. I figured this had more to do with the system than Anydvd so I moved to a known good platform with Win7.

Win 7 machine with both internal and external (USB) drives has the same error which is Anydvd will copy and say done but no movie files get copied. Log files from win7 machine attached. Log from drive E is an internal BD drive; Log from G is an external DVD drive.

The main movie would be Title 1 = VTS 12 VTSTT 1
You have read errors in the middle of VTS 12, that's why AnyDVD will erase it. I suspect a defective disc.

The main movie would be Title 1 = VTS 12 VTSTT 1
You have read errors in the middle of VTS 12, that's why AnyDVD will erase it. I suspect a defective disc.

Won't AnyDVD just fail to rip and abort on read errors?
At least that was my experience a while ago.
-W

Pretty sure you can now tell it to retry or ignore.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Pretty sure you can now tell it to retry or ignore.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

I'd be interested to hear a definitive answer on that.
Still.... the title itself outta appear.... perhaps with glitches where the read errors are skipped over (/ignore).
Same as playing a defective disk. No?
-W

Update, the disk will not play with vlc on PC. Only the menu plays. I didn't have time to test disk in a non windows DVD player nor with other pc players like power dvd.

I'll assume my troubles are related to a bad disk. Will resume testing after international travel wraps up with a new disk.

I'd be interested to hear a definitive answer on that.
Still.... the title itself outta appear.... perhaps with glitches where the read errors are skipped over (/ignore).
Same as playing a defective disk. No?
-W
This depends on the situation.
1.) Scan phase: If AI scanner sees a Lionsgate disc and detects read errors in a title, it suspects these to be intentional, and believes it picked the wrong title for the movie. In this situation it will remove the title from the disc. Completely. In the example above, nothing was left (except menus & extras).
2.) Copy phase: Folder ripper can and will correct some errors, if they are considered non fatal. It won't tell you. If you want to know, use CloneDVD (it is in the log / summary). It will never skip.
3.) Image ripper offers to skip over errors. Results vary....

This depends on the situation.
1.) Scan phase: If AI scanner sees a Lionsgate disc and detects read errors in a title, it suspects these to be intentional, and believes it picked the wrong title for the movie. In this situation it will remove the title from the disc. Completely. In the example above, nothing was left (except menus & extras).
2.) Copy phase: Folder ripper can and will correct some errors, if they are considered non fatal. It won't tell you. If you want to know, use CloneDVD (it is in the log / summary). It will never skip.
3.) Image ripper offers to skip over errors. Results vary....

GOTCHA.
Thanks for the clarification. Interesting thread.
-W

Last edited:
Same problem with La La Land on 8.1.2.0. Cannot use Handbrake or Rip to Disk. Region is correctly set to Region 1. Log file attached.

Attachments

265.3 KB · Views: 4
Same problem with La La Land on 8.1.2.0. Cannot use Handbrake or Rip to Disk. Region is correctly set to Region 1. Log file attached.
Code:
Errors:
-----------------------------
21.19s: read sectors failed, sense 4:3e:2 // **** TIMEOUT ON LOGICAL UNIT
-----------------------------
disc still slightly defective?
(although AnyDVD managed to recover with retries during creation of this logfile)

OP here. New disc, same story using 8120.

Imaging proceeds without error using any of the three methods:

- AnyDVD: "Rip Video Disc to Harddisk..."
- AnyDVD: "Rip to Image..."
- CloneDVD2 with AnyDVD in the background

Direct playback seems fine from any of the above, but am unable to capture/convert the main feature (Title1) using HandBrake or VLC. Both fail almost instantaneously (within 1-2sec), each outputting a small M4V/MP4 file where I would expect the full movie to be. Attempting to capture Title1 directly from the disc with AnyDVD in the background results in the same.

When using 8112 a Title19 track was present, which appeared to contain the main feature with certain scenes missing and placed at the end of the track following the credits. On 8120 the Title19 track no longer appears.

Ziplog attached. Suggestions?

Attachments

268.5 KB · Views: 2
If ripping works and the rip itself plays find then both AnyDVD and CloneDVD did their job. Let me guess, handbrake creates a small file a few kb in size? That's a now approximately 4 year old handbrake issue. Go into advanced settings and tick the box that says 'DISABLE libdvdread'.

Should work just fine now

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

100% correct. Works just fine now. Thank you, Ch3vr0n.

For anyone who ends up here via search, the specific tick box in HandBrake that resolved the issue is on the "Advanced Settings" page under the "DVD Reading" section: "Disable LibDVDNav. (libdvdread will be used instead)"

Attachments

• disablelibdvdnav.jpg
    disablelibdvdnav.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 11
Back