• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Korean Region 3 disc error?

Ragefist

The DVD in question is "My Dear Enemy" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1330205/) I am beyond frustrated trying to get this DVD to play on my devices, so I downloaded AnyDVD HD in an attempt to rip the DVD VOB files and/or to an .ISO if that didn't work.

WELL. Let me tell you a story:

1. I tried changing the region on my TS-H552U DVD drive using Device Manager after AnyDVD kept saying "Drive not ready." No luck. HOWEVER...

2. Upon trying to play the disc with CyberLink's Power DVD 6 or whatever it is, the program (PowerDVD) itself asked me to change the drive region to Region 3, which I did, and low and behold the disc starts playing. Menus and everything. OBVIOUSLY this disc has nothing wrong with it, and can play fine.

3. Upon discovering this, I then launched AnyDVD once more, and started a "Rip Video DVD to Hard Disk." Unfortunately, it failed every time at 48%, with the error "FileIO 3 VTS_01_1.VOB blah blah", which after doing some quick searches on the forum, is apparently a read error, which is caused by a "bad disc." WTF. :bang:

I am going to shoot myself. Perhaps someone can look at the log file and tell me that it IS in fact a physical disc error, and that I should just buy another copy. The disc itself has very minor scratches on it, and like I said, apparently can play fine. It's either that, or the copy protection they apply to discs from Korea is insane.

Also, I should mention that when I tried to do a "Rip to Image..." my computer froze entirely at 48%.

Giving up for now.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.1.0.0_Info_D_MY_DEAR_ENERMY.zip
    121.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Looks like a bad disc, but James may have to make the final determination.
44.83s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
44.83s: tries 2 retry 2030348 to 2030349

Also, you need to keep your drive locked to the region you are in. You can only change a region on a drive 5 times, then it is locked. AnyDVD will remove the region coding if the disc is good. Might try cleaning the disc or trying another drive to see if it can maybe read it better.

Back