Knocked Up... No play.

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by bloodthirster, Sep 26, 2007.

1. bloodthirster

bloodthirster Member

Knocked Up HD-DVD will not play properly off the disc or ripped to the hard drive. I just get a black 24 sec long screen over and over agian until PowDVD locks up with no error message.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  2. jdohn2002

jdohn2002 Well-Known Member

Same here. I plugged my xbox 360 HD DVD drive into my xbox 360 and played it fine that way. When the disc starts up it asks you to download/install a cookie to my 360. This is probably the reason that it will not play with Power DVD Ultra. Is there any easy fix for this?

3. Killroy™

Killroy™ Member

rename the first XPL to something else (add "_old") and it should work.

4. jdohn2002

There is a file in the ADV_OBJ folder for KNOCKEDUP that is named VPLST000.XPL. Should I rename that folder?

5. Killroy™

Killroy™ Member

Not the folder, the actual file. First try to rename "VPLST001.XPL" to "VPLS001.XPL_old" and try it. If that does not work then try the 000 one. But it should be the 001 one.

6. oliver27

oliver27 Member

Thanks, it seems to be working fine!

Let us hope for a patch from cyberlink to avoid having to rip the disc.

7. bloodthirster

bloodthirster Member

Thanks Killroy.. You Rock!

Workin here now.

8. jdohn2002

Thanks, works fine now.

9. mickemus66

mickemus66 Active Member

So this is what the 2 files should look like??

this is what they did look like before changing
    VPLST000
    VPLST001

this is after the change
    VPLST000
    VPLST001_old

it still doesnt work ot should i change the files lie this
    VPLST000
    VPLST001.XPL_old
    ???????????
    can some one type out how the files excactly should look like
    thanks,
    mike

Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  10. Humpa

Humpa Well-Known Member

I don't have that movie yet, but maybe you need to be able to see the file extensions in order to properly rename the file.

Open any folder and go to Tools > Folder Options > View > and uncheck the "Hide file extensions for known file types" and try again. If you have file extensions hidden, you won't be able to rename the file extension, which is what the rather brief explanation states we need to do.

11. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

Have to agree with Humpa, looks like you're not renaming the extension on the end, just the filename

12. Killroy™

Killroy™ Member

I can't see why changing any part of the file wouldn't work but I agree that it has only worked when you change the extension.

Before - VPLST001.XPL

After - VPLST001.XPL_old

You can also delete (or move somewhere else) the file and it will also work but I like to keep the old file just in case PowerDVD patches the app and the old file works again.

13. Killroy™

Killroy™ Member

Thanks, but I am not going to take credit as I found out how to do it on "another" forum.;)

14. mickemus66

mickemus66 Active Member

Yeah That Worked Out Good

Yes i didnt see the full lenght of the file name so that worked out great.
    thanks every body youre DA BEST..................