• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

kingsmen: the secret service: video disc copy has issues (8.0.3.0)

homeadmin

I have created a video disc copy of BD kingsmen: the secret service on my harddrive. When I play back the copy, at time 1:18:57 (end of chapter 27), the MPC-HC player jumps to the very end of the movie (2:08:44). If I play the BD directly it plays correctly. logfile is attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.3.0_Info_X_Kingsman - The Secret Service.ziplog
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
That's because one or both of the following reasons. 1. Since it's not a licensed bluray player it guesses the correct playlist but picks the wrong one or 2. The disc has screenpass and anydvd needs to get decryption info from the opd to be properly and to handle the disc. My money is on option 1 since that's not a new release.

That's because one or both of the following reasons. 1. Since it's not a licensed bluray player it guesses the correct playlist but picks the wrong one or 2. The disc has screenpass and anydvd needs to get decryption info from the opd to be properly and to handle the disc. My money is on option 1 since that's not a new release.

I've been using MPC-HC for some years now, this is the first time this has happened with a ripped BD. I also get the same behavior if I use handbrake to make a *.mkv, and play back with Plex. I need some education, is the playlist selection issue something that has appeared recently?

Screenpass protection has been around for a while now, basically it works like this. If the disc isn't properly decrypted, the protection points to an incorrect one with a copyright message or scrambled scenes,... If you then use a player or conversion tool they follow that fake playlist and have the same problem. A developer will need to take a look if it's screenpass or mpc simply selecting the wrong playlist.

Screenpass protection has been around for a while now, basically it works like this. If the disc isn't properly decrypted, the protection points to an incorrect one with a copyright message or scrambled scenes,... If you then use a player or conversion tool they follow that fake playlist and have the same problem. A developer will need to take a look if it's screenpass or mpc simply selecting the wrong playlist.

The problem occurs with either of these scenarios:
* Use AnyDVD "Rip Video Disc to Harddisk" option to create BD file folder on harddrive. Playback of BD file folder with MPC-HC has the skip-to-end-of-movie problem: At time 1:18:57 (end of chapter 27), the MPC-HC player jumps to the very end of the movie (2:08:44)
* Use AnyDVD "Rip Video Disc to Harddisk" option to create BD file folder on harddrive. Use handbrake to generate a *.mkv file. Playback of *.mkv file with Plex has the same skip-to-end-of-movie problem described above.

If I leave the BD disc in my blu ray drive (and wait for AnyDVD to finish reading it) then playback of BD disc with MPC-HC has no problems.

If a developer can take a look at the log file, that would be great.

The problem occurs with either of these scenarios:
* Use AnyDVD "Rip Video Disc to Harddisk" option to create BD file folder on harddrive. Playback of BD file folder with MPC-HC has the skip-to-end-of-movie problem: At time 1:18:57 (end of chapter 27), the MPC-HC player jumps to the very end of the movie (2:08:44)
* Use AnyDVD "Rip Video Disc to Harddisk" option to create BD file folder on harddrive. Use handbrake to generate a *.mkv file. Playback of *.mkv file with Plex has the same skip-to-end-of-movie problem described above.

If I leave the BD disc in my blu ray drive (and wait for AnyDVD to finish reading it) then playback of BD disc with MPC-HC has no problems.

If a developer can take a look at the log file, that would be great.
Just for the record, you are supposed to please rip the original disc into an ISO image, and leave the protections on the disc.

That way, if when you ripped the disc, if it turns out that AnyDVD needs to be updated because of some new protection or what not, that when AnyDVD is now updated, you don't need to re-rip the disc.

The protected ISO will then point to the correct playlist in your software, thanks to the update to AnyDVD.

By the way, there is a new beta version of AnyDVD available. Here is the link:

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-hd-8-0-3-1-beta.70085/

Also, any betas are always at the top of the Forum.

Good luck.

Kingsmen has no screenpass. The disc has read errors. Disc and / or drive are dirty and / or defective.

Kingsmen has no screenpass. The disc has read errors. Disc and / or drive are dirty and / or defective.

OK, thank you for having a look.

I unzipped the log and had a look at AnyDVD_log.txt
For future reference, any line present in the log that says "read error" (like the one below) means Disc and / or drive are dirty and / or defective, correct?
24.67s: read error 11921936 to 11921952, max 23595648, io->read_error 1

Back