• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Killer HSF

ocgw

Last edited:
The Cooler Master link is 404'ed.

I currently use an OCZ Vendetta 2 HSF which Webslinger pointed me to many months ago for my Q9550 and also used it for my Q6600 when I first built my system. It's a bit bulky and makes life a pain when I work on my system but it works very nicely.

I'm seriously considering the CoolIT Systems Domino A.L.C. to replace my Vendetta 2. My system is, unfortunately, not located in the best location for optimal cooling so the Domino A.L.C. should work better than the Vendetta 2 which does a fine job but I'd prefer better cooling.

Last edited:
The Cooler Master link is 404'ed.

I currently use an OCZ Vendetta 2 HSF which Webslinger pointed me to many months ago for my Q9550 and also used it for my Q6600 when I first built my system. It's a bit bulky and makes life a pain when I work on my system but it works very nicely.

I'm seriously considering the CoolIT Systems Domino A.L.C. to replace my Vendetta 2. My system is, unfortunately, not located in the best location for optimal cooling so the Domino A.L.C. should work better than the Vendetta 2 which does a fine job but I'd prefer better cooling.

The Vendetta looks pretty nice

My case is designed to take 2x240mm radiators and 1x120mm radiator, I can put 1 heck of a cooling system in there (when the economy turns around) lol

Here is a pic of a PC w/ the same case as mine w/ "max'd out" wc, I want to do the same 1 day, that is 1 reason why I bought this case, to have super cooling, and also to have super storage all self conntained

SuperComputer070.jpg

Here is a recent pic of mine

IMG_0119.jpg

ocgw

peace

Last edited:
Went and did it, ordered the Phenom 940 and the Coolermaster V8

ocgw

peace

Well chaps, my AMD Deneb Phenom II X4 940 BE arrived along w/ my Coolermaster V8

Installing the heatsink was a breeze after I got the magnifying glass out to read the directions lol

I could shave in the base of the heatsink, it looked like a freakin' mirror

I could not start in 32bit, was getting BSOD because of a MSI monitoring utility, started up in 64bit and went right to the 32bit programs folder and tossed that utility, problem solved

I set up the OC by this phenom II overclocking guide I found, put it on 3.8Ghz, and have been burning DVD's, & ripping blu rays, all night lol w/ out a hickup (w/ just 4GB of mem to start)

Gonna' throw the other 4GB in & try to push it a lil' tomorrow, if I get to 4Ghz I will be happy

fsb 200
memory divider 1:2.66
HT Auto
cpu multiplier 19
memory 2x2GB 1066 6-6-6-18-30
memory on the "both" setting
memory "unganged"
cpu temp w/ light activity 41*

typing on back up PC while main PC is working, will post screenshots shortly

ocgw

peace

Last edited:
Intel Dual Core E7200 OC'd to 3.2 w/stock HSF. Idle temps about 24C--full load temps about 42C. Antec 300 case with 1 120MM rear fan. VERY quiet.

That's a nice OC on that E7200 oldjoe:clap:

Well she boots to desktop @ 3.9Ghz, burned DVD's and ripped blu rays all night @ 3.8Ghz, but when I started the real torture test I bought this cpu for (reencoding blu ray to x264) she would CTD @ 3.6Ghz, but encoded 12 hrs straight on all four cores @ 3.5Ghz

that is w/ 1.5v on cpu and 2.2 volt on mem

cpu 55* (Core Temp Utility) all cores pegged @ 100%

1-3.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

ocgw

peace

Last edited:
I ran this old benchmark program, am downloading a newer 1 now

3D03.jpg

ProcessorMultimedia.jpg

ProcessorArithmatic.jpg

Cryptography.jpg

added a lil' HTv and NBv and she is stable @ 3.8Ghz all four cores at 100% reencoding

ocgw

peace

Last edited:
Intel Dual Core E7200 OC'd to 3.2 w/stock HSF. Idle temps about 24C--full load temps about 42C. Antec 300 case with 1 120MM rear fan. VERY quiet.

Question, where do you get your temps? BIOS? or a utility? which utility?

What did you use for full load, and for how long?

just curious because I read an article showing differences of up to 15c in reported temps between utilities and and BOIS's

ocgw

peace

Last edited:
I get my temp readings from the Bios but Asus Probe always shows the same temps. I use Performance Test and it ran for about 3 hrs.

I get my temp readings from the Bios but Asus Probe always shows the same temps. I use Performance Test and it ran for about 3 hrs.

Good show then old chap

ocgw

peace

Back